Dr. Ed Borrego, MD

Dr. Ed Borrego, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Ed Borrego, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in El Paso, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

5750 N Mesa St

El Paso, TX 79912

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Borrego

Bipolar Disorder

Dr. Borrego's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Borrego does not have any board certifications listed.

• Bipolar Disorder

• Baylor University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. Borrego has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Borrego has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Borrego does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Borrego and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Borrego's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Borrego to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Borrego's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in El Paso, TX |
Never even got in to see the doctor. Had a financial emergency come up the morning of the appointment, they wouldn't let us pay the next day and turned us away from the appointment. I offered to pay half of the copay and leave my credit card information for the other half, to be paid in less than 24 hours. They said no, and wanted to reschedule the appointment for 2 weeks away. My husband desperately needs help, and we will not find it there.
in El Paso, TX |
Terrible doctor! He should have his license removed! His office staff, especially his office manager, who MUST be related to him, is the rudest person I've ever had the misfortune to meet and his office staff is always right NOT the patient. They NEVER answer their phone, plus they make appointments and always seem to be wrong and when I complained the Dr told me to leave and never come back. Nice way to treat a patient with psychiatric problems!
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Borrego is easy to talk to and genuinely concerned with his patient's welfare. He wanted to make sure I was working through my depression with talk therapy and exercise, as well as medication. I am overall distrustful of psychiatrists but I trust him.
Ft Worth, TX |
He and his office staff are horribly unprofessional. I have never been treated so horribly by a mental health professional. I have filed a complaint and I suggest no one go to see him.
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Borrego prescribed me the wrong medication and then blamed me for it even though he admitted forgetting what my disorder is. His staff is also rude and very incompetent. They do not ever answer the phone and don't return voicemail. I have had appointments canceled on me. But, If you cancel an appointment it is a $25 fee. They close their office for long random periods of time. But, their only notification is a note they tape to their door. A physical trip is most often required to get info.
Have you seen Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?
Are you Dr. Borrego?

Visit Dr. Borrego

Dr. Borrego accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Advantage HMO
    Blue Choice
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Sleep Medicine