Dr. Ed Borrego, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 48

Dr. Borrego
5750 N Mesa St El Paso, TX 79912

Dr. Ed Borrego, MD is a psychiatry specialist in El Paso, TX and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio in 2000 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Borrego accepts

Dr. Borrego accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Commercial Insurance Company
Preferred PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Borrego's experience treating your condition or procedure

3.5

Dr. Borrego?
Dr. Borrego's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ed Borrego, MD
I called as a new patient and spoke with one of the ladies in the office. She refused to check my insurance due to the fact she stated it was Friday and she didn't want to mess with me. Really, that is what was said. I recorded the conversation at that point. She told me that she is not in charge of how insurance companies work and she had her way she would double book every patient. She put me on speaker phone at one point and laughed with coworkers prior to hanging up on me. Unprofessional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?
Never even got in to see the doctor. Had a financial emergency come up the morning of the appointment, they wouldn't let us pay the next day and turned us away from the appointment. I offered to pay half of the copay and leave my credit card information for the other half, to be paid in less than 24 hours. They said no, and wanted to reschedule the appointment for 2 weeks away. My husband desperately needs help, and we will not find it there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?
Terrible doctor! He should have his license removed! His office staff, especially his office manager, who MUST be related to him, is the rudest person I've ever had the misfortune to meet and his office staff is always right NOT the patient. They NEVER answer their phone, plus they make appointments and always seem to be wrong and when I complained the Dr told me to leave and never come back. Nice way to treat a patient with psychiatric problems!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?
Dr. Borrego is easy to talk to and genuinely concerned with his patient's welfare. He wanted to make sure I was working through my depression with talk therapy and exercise, as well as medication. I am overall distrustful of psychiatrists but I trust him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?
He and his office staff are horribly unprofessional. I have never been treated so horribly by a mental health professional. I have filed a complaint and I suggest no one go to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?
Dr. Borrego prescribed me the wrong medication and then blamed me for it even though he admitted forgetting what my disorder is. His staff is also rude and very incompetent. They do not ever answer the phone and don't return voicemail. I have had appointments canceled on me. But, If you cancel an appointment it is a $25 fee. They close their office for long random periods of time. But, their only notification is a note they tape to their door. A physical trip is most often required to get info.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ed Borrego, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Borrego?

Compare Providers