Dr. Earl L. Feng, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 54 years old

RECOVERY. RESULTS. RELIEF.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Feng's Experience

See how Dr. Feng's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Feng

Dr. Feng accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Feng has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Feng
Dr. Feng's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (54)
Phoenix, AZ |
If you are in a hurry go see doctor Feng. He spent less than 10 minutes with me, never touched my knee or asked me to move it. He offered me Motrin or a shot, and rushed out of the office. I had to ask him to have him review my xray with me. He seemed more concerned to move onto the next patient. I would NOT trust my medical care with him!'
in Globe, arizona |
I am so thankful to have had Dr Feng for my procedure. I recommend him to everyone I talk too. Thank you Dr. Feng.
Excellent doctor!
in Chandler AZ |
He is a wonderful surgeon and always seems happy. This is my second knee replacement and I am thrilled with the outcome.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I really like his willingness to help me postpone knee replacement
in Mesa AZ |
I had two knee replacements with him Once he got paid he could not get rid of me fast enough. Rude, arrogant..I always had to wait 45minutes to an hour to be seen, does not listen to the patient and spends less than 5 minutes with you. I never had groin pain on my left side until he did the surgery. I informed him of this and so did my physical therapist...yet he never documented my records and kept saying "it's probably your hip". Turns out my knee replacement is turned outward.??
Gilbert, AZ |
I was told Dr. Feng had a great bedside manner. But he didn't even say hello when he came in the room. I came in for severe hip pain following a hip replacement I had a year and a half ago. his demeanor was accusatory and insulting. He assumed I hadn't done my physical therapy. This is the first time he met me. I am an athlete. Why would he assume I hadn't? His advice was that I get used to living with pain because only 96% of hip replacements are completely successful. Rude and a waste of time
in Mesa,AZ |
Very knowledgeable and caring takes time to answer all questions offers alternatives to surgery
in Phoenix, AZ |
I visited Dr. Feng on two different occasions, one of them being this morning. Both expreriences I felt rushed, since he only spent approximetly 10 minutes with me. As the consult continues he made me feel bad beacause I didn't comleted the physical therapy and as though my knee pain was just "normal' with wear and tear. Which may be true but he didmisses any disucussion on how badly it does truly hurt. He has ZERO bedside manner and made me feel unworthy of my complaints.
Mesa, AZ |
feng gave me a cortisone shot in my knee for a newly diagnosed joint effusion. 3 weeks later I'm still in so much pain....much more pain than before shot. I'm on crutches now. Went back to see him, he says, "It's your arthritis". Um, I never had ANY knee pain before this. So he's telling me I went from NO KNEE PAIN 7-1-16 to VERY LITTLE WEIGHT BEARING TOLERATED in less than 3 months because I have arthritis. Arthritis that suddenly manifested and debilitated me in less than 3 months. QUACK!!
Paradise Valley, AZ |
Dr. Feng ....Gave me very good info about my hip surgery was always pleasant and willing to answer all my questions. I also found his office staff to be helpful and pleasant...especially the Tempe office.I have been very happy with my results...even tho I am only two weeks post op. I am grateful for being able to walk again due to his expertise.
Paradise Valley, AZ |
Considerate and compassionate about the best interests of the patient.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Feng is very professional as well as warm and friendly. I have felt complete confidence in him and his skill as a surgeon.
in Mesa, AZ |
He is great and always to the point with solutions and answers. He really cares for his patients
Phoenix, AZ |
Very personable and professional
in Phoenix, Az |
Please see another doctor. This dr doesn't care about his patients. He's very rude! My mom went there because of her right knee pain and he just said it's athritis. I asked for her to get an mri which he kept sayin she didn't need one. She had this problem before with her left knee and an xray won't show her problem so I demanded him to get her an mri and he left the room mad without saying anything to us. The dr didn't even check my mom's knee he wouldn't even touch it or at least look at it.
in Paradise Valley, AZ |
Answered my questions and helped me get the treatment that I needed with the maze of new and disfunctiional insurance polices
in Phoenix, AZ |
He did not take the time to talk to me about my issue. He wrote it off as arthritis with just an ex-ray and said there is nothing else I can do about it. SO at age 35 I am not suppose to jog, run, kneel.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
I had my right knee replaced 2.5 years ago. Dr. Feng was excellent taking care of me. I found his bed side manner to be very good as well of the follow ups. He is a good surgeon. The folks at the Arizona Joint and Spine where the surgery was performed was the best experience I have ever had in any hospital.
Have you seen Dr. Earl L. Feng, MD?
Are you Dr. Feng?

Compare Dr. Feng

Dr. Feng says...

Dr. Feng is an expert in the treatment of total joint reconstruction (primary and complex revision procedures), sports injuries, arthritic problems, work related injuries and fractures. He has published several articles in medical journals and presented at the International Meeting for the Knee Society. Dr. Feng is also active in research at Stanford University. He has a continuing role in the research of total joint design to prevent complications during surgery. Dr. Feng previously served as a Board Member for the Arthritis Foundation.

Dr. Feng's Care Philosophy

RECOVERY. RESULTS. RELIEF.

Dr. Feng says...

Orthopedic Surgery, Arthritis & Total Joint Reconstruction

Dr. Feng's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Feng has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Feng's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Graduated in 1988

Northwestern Mem Hospital
    Stanford University

Completed in 1994

Dr. Feng does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Feng and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.