Dr. Eleanya Ogburu-Ogbonnay, MD

Dr. Eleanya Ogburu-Ogbonnay, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Eleanya Ogburu-Ogbonnay, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Columbia, SC. He is 57 years old.

2601 Millwood Ave

Columbia, SC 29205

Learn about Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay

See how frequently Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine
  • Neurology

Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay does not have any board certifications listed.

• Aneurysm
  • Dystonia
  • Epilepsy
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Stroke
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Education data for Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay to family and friends
1.5
Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay's Performance
    Over 45 minutes
Union, SC |
Worse doctor I have ever met. He is called a pain doctor but keeps people in pain. He goes out of town and does not have anyone in call. He is arrogant and refuses to accept calls from another doctor concerned about your pain.
in Columbia, SC |
The "normal" wait time with Dr. Ogburu is between 4-6 hours in an unpleasant wait room, even with an advanced appointment. I have been there over six times with an appointment and still had to wait AT LEAST four hours before seeing any doctor in their office. His staff has real attitude. If you have all day to spend, go right ahead. The nurses treated me like I was an inconvenience. Usually , when I call his office, I cannot reach a "live" person , so driving there was all I could do.
Charlotte, NC |
Don't go here unless you don't mind waiting for 2 or more hours to be seen.Staff does not follow up for xrays,etc. That are ordered, prescriptions don't get sent to the pharmacy on time.
Rock Hill, SC |
This is a horrible place. Not just the Dr but the entire staff. No concern for the patients. These are the worse of the worse people to have to deal with. If you care about your health go somewhere else because this place cares nothing about you.
Columbia SC |
Dr Ogburu ordered Aqua, physical & occupational therapy for me & his staff never followed up on referrals. Prior authorizations were mishandled by staff including when pharmacy contacted them time n time again for further information. My pharmacy was left on eternal hold and even hung up on. I tried getting in touch with staff & I had to go in person to make sure things I needed done were getting done. The Windows have bullet holes & chairs are all urine stained.
Atlanta, GA |
It was wonderful. He is very professional and knowledgeable.
in Camden, SC |
Tramatizing...best word to describe this place... :(
Columbia SC |
Walking into the building you are hit with a wave of mildew smell. Fill out approximately 30 pages of poorly worded questions. When I was called back I was taken to a room with an EMG machine, a house mattress (not a hospital bed!), and dirty rug that looks like it was purchased at Walmart. Before I met with the doctor and even completed the forms the girl wanted to preform an EMG. Before knowing any of my medical history, they planned on sticking me with needles in an unsanitary room. Thankfull
in Columbia SC |
I have been seeing him for a year. Was paying out of pocket the amount I was told to pay each time I went. Now I've received a bill for $150.00 of unpaid UA's ( urine analysts) that I thought I was paying for. Now I can't go back unless I pay the $150 which I feel is way too unfair. I want to file a formal complaint but don't know where's to start. This is THE WORST MEDICAL PRACTICE IVE EVER BEEN TO IN MY 50 YEARS! Save your money FIND ANOTHER PRACTICE!!!!!
in Columbia Area |
Excellent n very compassionate Dr O is. Moved from PA to Pelion n he accepted me as A patient after reviewing my medical records for a wk. He is very thorough n super nice. Due 2my conditions n devices implanted it's harder for us to find a good dr. Well we stressed over this appt for no reason. Kendrick n frt desk lady sweet n nice. Nurse Andrea is a hoot n love her already.Only complaint so far. Have left 5 messages for meds needing auth by my ins and no one has yet call me bk.NOT HAPPY 4 this
Took my mother to.see Dr. Ognuru for pain in her hip. Her appointment was at 10:00, she wasn't seen until 2:00. She wasn't even seen by. Dr. Ogburu but by a medical student in training. The treatment prescribed for hip pain didn't work and I called back to the office to talked to the nurse and I was left on hold.
in Lexington, SC |
Recommend Dr. O because of his compassion and expertise in treating low back pain.
in Florence, SC |
Polite
Have you seen Dr. Eleanya Ogburu-Ogbonnay, MD?
Are you Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay?

Visit Dr. Ogburu-Ogbonnay