Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD

Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Salt Lake City, UT. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Mariani is affiliated with St. Mark's Hospital.

Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic

1160 E 3900 S Ste 5000

Salt Lake City, UT 84124

• AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Mariani

Video

Dr. Mariani's Experience

Dr. Mariani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Mariani "The Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic is a diverse group of orthopaedic surgeons and physical medicine specialists. Our combined experience and interests allow us to address the full spectrum of musculoskeletal problems. by pooling our knowledge and experience, we offer a strong research based practice to ensure the best care possible for each patient."

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus

• Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Utah School of Medicine - Salt Lake City
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Mayo Medical School Rochester Mn
  • Mayo Medical School Rochester Mn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Mariani has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Mariani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mariani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Mark's Hospital

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2017 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Mariani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mariani to family and friends
Dr. Mariani's Performance
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Mariani performed a total knee replacement with excellent results. I was walking unaided within two weeks. His is extremely professional yet very personable and concerned about his patients. He listens carefully to concerns. His staff is remarkably efficient and responds quickly to questions. Highly recommend this Mayo trained professional and compassionate surgeon. He is the best of the best!
in Midway, Itah |
His care, knowledge and dedication to resolve his patients issues is unmatched. He is the very best in his field of expertise (no one better). His staff is world-class!!!
in Alexander City, AL |
Dr. Mariani replaced both of my hips- 5 and 6 years ago respectively. I have had no problems or challenges at all since these surgeries. We used the anterior approach method- minimal to= no pain- incredible short recovery. I think Dr. Mariani is an outstanding surgeon and would highly recommend him to any and all!
in Reed Point, Montana |
Dr. Mariani performed a total RHP on me last year that changed my life. His skill and confidence instills confidence and a sense of calm in his patients. After having some friends of mine recommend Dr. Mariani, I travelled 500 miles for my surgery......so glad I did. Highly recommend Dr. Mariani and his staff!
in Magna, Utah |
Doctor Mariani would be my first choice. I was seeing another orthopedic surgeon, and a friend recommended I use Doctor Mariani. After I went with Doctor Mariani, two of my acquaintances,who work in the health care industry, said if they required a total knee replacement, that's who they would choose too. Doctor Mariani was concerned about the best outcome for me, and I had to loose some weight before he would consider surgery. That was a tough pill to swallow, but has been well worth it.
in salt lake city, ut |
Dr Mariani is absolutely the best. I've been fortunate to have the ability to work with him for several issues and have always felt he was there for all my questions and needs. His staff is by far one of the best in the medical industry. They always know you by name after your first meeting and will always try to get the information you need to proceed with making an educated decision. It would be heartbreaking if I would have to go to any other Orthopedic specialist.
in Cottonwood Heights, Utah |
Dr. Mariani is a consummate gentleman, an excellent doctor and a superb surgeon. I had my right hip replaced nearly three years with perfect results. I am 72 years old and physically active. I hike the Wasatch Mountains, Zion National Park etc.; am an active road biker; enjoy snowshoeing and ski Alta and Snowbird. The primary restriction is while lifting weights I am limited to 300 pounds on a leg press machine. Next on the schedule are two knee replacements.
in South Jordan, UT |
I was hesitant about having my hip replaced. Dr Mariani gave me space and time to Mar my decisions. He told me if I had it done it eould be no comparison to my first surgery 20 yrs ago. I finally decided the surgery outweighed the pain. I woke up after surgery without pain, I was able to stand and walk without discomfort. It has been 6 weeks today and I feel so good. I walk unassited . I drive I can do stails no problem. Dr Mariani and his staff and absolutely amazing to work with.
in Bountiful, UT |
Dr. E. Marc Mariani is the BEST orthopedic surgeon in Utah, if not the United States. He is so in tune to the details of each appointment and makes sure that the #1 priority is the the health/well-being of his patients. Recently, Mr. Mariani performed a total right hip replacement on myself and he promised me that I would be pain free and mobile within 2-3 three weeks after the surgery and he was 100 percent correct. I have never felt better. Thank You Dr. Mariani and Thank You Portia!
in Park City, Utah 84098 |
As a new Park City residence, I discovered, unexpectedly, that I needed a hip replacement. When checking out physician recommendations, Dr. Marc Mariani was the unanimous recommendation for my surgery. A year later, I am in great shape without one problem. Dr. Mariani is an exceptional surgeon as well as a warm and caring professional.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I had a left hip replacement 5 weeks ago and I was extremely satisfied with the surgery and all follow up.Dr Mariani immediately following surgery gave a full explanation to my family which was very helpful to them . His manner was professional at all times . I would recommend him highly to anyone who needs orthopedic surgery.
Bountiful, UT |
I recently had a hip replacement by Dr. Mariani. He came highly recommended by several people. He is personable, and knowledgeable and spends time with the patient. He is a great surgeon. The surgery went very well, and my recovery has been great. I highly recommend Dr. Mariani for joint replacement surgeries.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Mariani has performed 4 surgeries on me and soon to be five. I have known him for over 21 years and he never ceases to amaze me with his attentive and gracious manner. It is always a pleasure to see him and Porsha. He is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced Doctors in his field. He goes out of his way and spends as much time as needed to comfort, answer all questions and ensure that you have the best possible outcome. I feel fortunate that he is my Doctor and friend!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Very professional and thorough. Would highly recommend the doctor and his staff on your orthopedic needs.
in Kamas, UT |
I went to Dr. Mariani after I had hip surgery from another Dr. . My hip was loose and popping out of place. After discussing this with the Dr. He stated"you tell me what you want me to do." I went to Dr. Mariani and immediately received professional analysis and a plan to repair the problem. In 2 weeks I under went a hip revision that has been absolutely outstanding. I started walking without a hitch, everyday I am progressing which did not happen before. My hip is solid and secure.
in Sandy, UT |
He is caring and considerate. He is one of the best surgeons in the state and he treats you like family. His assistant Portia is also excellent.
in Logan, UT |
Climbing 400 steps to the top of one of the towers of the Cathedral of Notre Dame - Putting on my socks and tying my shoelaces without getting a hernia - Standing on one foot and washing the other in the shower – unassisted! - Playing racquetball again - The expertise and care of surgeon Dr. E. Marc Mariani and his assistant Portia Jones and the health care staff at St. Mark’s almost made having total hip replacement a pleasurable experience! I've recommended Dr. Mariani to half a dozen friends
in Alpine, UT |
A great listener. Will spend the time to discuss what you need. Efficient office operation. Excellent surgeon. I have had total hip replacements for both hips, separated by a couple of years. Everything is working extremely well. I would never know that I had this done. Truly amazing. I'm grateful for Dr. Mariani's expertise. He has great follow up, as well. I fully recommend him without any reservations.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I'm 2 1/2 mos. out from partial knee replacement by Dr. Mariani, and I'm very pleased with the staff, the treatment and the result .
in Draper, UT |
From the very first moment, I knew i was in good hands. The entire atmosphere of the office exudes confidence and enthusiasm, and I felt calmer immediately, that everything was going to be alright. Dr. Mariani set me at ease, and we decided right away to do bilateral total knee replacement. The entire process showed attention to detail. I want to thank Portia also, for making me feel part of the team, a participant as much as the patient. It was no small wonder how well I did post-op,
in Elko, NV |
From our initial contact in late 2011to schedule a total hip replacement, through my husband's total hip replacement 2 years later, and for follow-up appointments and treatmentls that had nothing to do with the surgeries, we have ALWAYS been treated with friendly professionalism by the telephone and reception staff, by Dr. Mariani's great support staff, by his assistant Portia Jones and by Dr. Mariani himself. He is the consummate professional, with a great bedside manner. Highly recommended!
in Ut |
He has been my dr for over 20 years. He is always kind, caring, professional and most of all knows what he is doing. He is wonderful!
in Draper, UT |
Three years ago i had total bilateral knee replacements by Dr. Mariani. Even though i had other health issues, they were of no conquence due to his excellent judgement and experience. my recovery was swift and complete. Having this surgery was one of the best decisions of my life. Due to my successful outcome, my husband recently had a total knee replacement by Dr. Mariani. I highly reccommend him and his excellet staff.
Makawao, HI |
Just what I expected: perfect.
in Cottonwood Heights, UT |
He was very thorough, took time to answer questions or concerns. I have referred patients to him for their orthopedic needs and have always received glowing comments back. When I required his services, I was not disappointed. Everything went well and my results were exceptional.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Mariani is a very personable and caring human and a fantastic surgeon. He and his staff were very considerate and responsive. For having a hip replaced it was a great experience! Highly recommend!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
He is friendly, caring and very accomplished. His expertise is unsurpassed. I was impressed that when I was in the hospital, he personally came daily to check on me.That is getting more unusual in the health care world. Many doctors rely on a hospitalist M.D. to evaluate and report for them. I felt like Dr. Mariani wanted to make sure everything was being addressed properly. I have total confidence in him and would recommend him to anyone.
in Park City, UT |
There are three main attributes you want and need in your surgeon: 1. demonstrated, consistent competency in the procedure itself, 2. LOTS of experience and 3. a good bedside manner that enables you, the patient, to get educated, comfortable, and confident in how he/she is going to manage your case. Dr. Mariani is outstanding in each of these areas! He is caring, competent and committed to the best possible outcome for each of his patients. His results are simply outstanding. A+++
Have you seen Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD?
Are you Dr. Mariani?

Visit Dr. Mariani

Dr. Mariani accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Molina

Hospitals where Dr. Mariani has admitting privileges

St. Mark's Hospital
1200 E 3900 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84124

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Mariani at Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic