Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD

Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 62 years old

The Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic is a diverse group of orthopaedic surgeons and physical medicine specialists. Our combined experience and interests allow us to address the full spectrum of musculoskeletal problems. by pooling our knowledge and experience, we offer a strong research based practice to ensure the best care possible for each patient.Read more

Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic

2016 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Mariani's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mariani's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mariani

Dr. Mariani accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mariani has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Mariani's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mariani to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Mariani
Dr. Mariani's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (102)
in Kamas, UT |
I went to Dr. Mariani after I had hip surgery from another Dr. . My hip was loose and popping out of place. After discussing this with the Dr. He stated"you tell me what you want me to do." I went to Dr. Mariani and immediately received professional analysis and a plan to repair the problem. In 2 weeks I under went a hip revision that has been absolutely outstanding. I started walking without a hitch, everyday I am progressing which did not happen before. My hip is solid and secure.
in Sandy, UT |
He is caring and considerate. He is one of the best surgeons in the state and he treats you like family. His assistant Portia is also excellent.
in Logan, UT |
Climbing 400 steps to the top of one of the towers of the Cathedral of Notre Dame - Putting on my socks and tying my shoelaces without getting a hernia - Standing on one foot and washing the other in the shower – unassisted! - Playing racquetball again - The expertise and care of surgeon Dr. E. Marc Mariani and his assistant Portia Jones and the health care staff at St. Mark’s almost made having total hip replacement a pleasurable experience! I've recommended Dr. Mariani to half a dozen friends
in Big Timber, MT |
Excellent Doctor/Surgeon with a passion for delivering the best for his patients.
in Alpine, UT |
A great listener. Will spend the time to discuss what you need. Efficient office operation. Excellent surgeon. I have had total hip replacements for both hips, separated by a couple of years. Everything is working extremely well. I would never know that I had this done. Truly amazing. I'm grateful for Dr. Mariani's expertise. He has great follow up, as well. I fully recommend him without any reservations.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I'm 2 1/2 mos. out from partial knee replacement by Dr. Mariani, and I'm very pleased with the staff, the treatment and the result .
in Draper, UT |
From the very first moment, I knew i was in good hands. The entire atmosphere of the office exudes confidence and enthusiasm, and I felt calmer immediately, that everything was going to be alright. Dr. Mariani set me at ease, and we decided right away to do bilateral total knee replacement. The entire process showed attention to detail. I want to thank Portia also, for making me feel part of the team, a participant as much as the patient. It was no small wonder how well I did post-op,
in Elko, NV |
From our initial contact in late 2011to schedule a total hip replacement, through my husband's total hip replacement 2 years later, and for follow-up appointments and treatmentls that had nothing to do with the surgeries, we have ALWAYS been treated with friendly professionalism by the telephone and reception staff, by Dr. Mariani's great support staff, by his assistant Portia Jones and by Dr. Mariani himself. He is the consummate professional, with a great bedside manner. Highly recommended!
in Ut |
He has been my dr for over 20 years. He is always kind, caring, professional and most of all knows what he is doing. He is wonderful!
in Draper, UT |
Three years ago i had total bilateral knee replacements by Dr. Mariani. Even though i had other health issues, they were of no conquence due to his excellent judgement and experience. my recovery was swift and complete. Having this surgery was one of the best decisions of my life. Due to my successful outcome, my husband recently had a total knee replacement by Dr. Mariani. I highly reccommend him and his excellet staff.
Makawao, HI |
Just what I expected: perfect.
in Cottonwood Heights, UT |
He was very thorough, took time to answer questions or concerns. I have referred patients to him for their orthopedic needs and have always received glowing comments back. When I required his services, I was not disappointed. Everything went well and my results were exceptional.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Mariani is a very personable and caring human and a fantastic surgeon. He and his staff were very considerate and responsive. For having a hip replaced it was a great experience! Highly recommend!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
He is friendly, caring and very accomplished. His expertise is unsurpassed. I was impressed that when I was in the hospital, he personally came daily to check on me.That is getting more unusual in the health care world. Many doctors rely on a hospitalist M.D. to evaluate and report for them. I felt like Dr. Mariani wanted to make sure everything was being addressed properly. I have total confidence in him and would recommend him to anyone.
in Park City, UT |
There are three main attributes you want and need in your surgeon: 1. demonstrated, consistent competency in the procedure itself, 2. LOTS of experience and 3. a good bedside manner that enables you, the patient, to get educated, comfortable, and confident in how he/she is going to manage your case. Dr. Mariani is outstanding in each of these areas! He is caring, competent and committed to the best possible outcome for each of his patients. His results are simply outstanding. A+++
Have you seen Dr. E Marc Mariani, MD?
Are you Dr. Mariani?

Compare Dr. Mariani

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Mariani at Salt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic

• Orthopedics

Why It Matters: Dr. Mariani's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

University Of Utah School Of Medicine-Salt Lake City

Graduated in 1981

Mayo Medical School Rochester Mn
    Mayo Medical School Rochester Mn

Dr. Mariani has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Mariani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mariani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Mariani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mariani

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mariani's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Mariani

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Mariani's Care Philosophy