Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Donner

Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Johnstown, CO and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Temple University School Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Donner

4.5

Dr. Donner?
Dr. Donner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD
Dr. Donner listened to all my concerns. He has bent over backwards to help me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I remember having back pain all the way back to the second grade. I was kicked FROM BEHIND by an older student. lots of pain. later in 2002 had disk surgery. not good. another surgery in 2006 with same result. after suffering through twelve more years of pain, my primary care doctor referred me to DR. DONNER. she made the call while I was in her office. dr. donner wanted to see me THEN. my surgery was scheduled after my visit. I woke up with no pain!!! i'm six months out an still no pain.......!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I really appreciated Dr Donner laying out my treatment plan clearly for me. I believe he took care to listen to me and treat me based on my issues. Very pleased with my time at this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I saw Dr. Donner after seeing 4 other local "back doctors at spine centers". All of those doctors missed the ruptured disc in my back. I'd like to leave their names but... Dr. Donner is a mild-mannered, considerate, expert, who understood the necessity of me getting treatment. His entire staff should be regarded as the most competent of individuals in their given area. This also includes everyone who who processed me at the surgery center right next door. I'm healed and walking again! Thx
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
My experience with Dr. Donner was very good.My surgery was successful. My rehabilitation was longer than expected due to my age of 68 but six months post operative I really feel like I'm getting back to normal. I had a fusion of L5-S1 with rods placed laterally. Dr. Donner also cleaned up my L4-L5 peripheral nerve foramen. I'm stationary biking six miles, three times a week and have started resistance training again with free weights and cables. I'd recommend Dr. Donner for back surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Donner's for the past 12 years. He has operated on my back 4 times during that period. If it wasn't for his excellent skills I probably would be in a wheel chair by now. I trust him explicitly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
After having back pain for years I went to Dr. Donner. He tried everything he could first to keep from doing surgery. Finally we did surgery and I felt really good for a couple of months than the pain came back. Again Dr. Donner exhausted all avenues trying to figure out my issues. I am still experiencing pain but I can honestly say I would and do recommend Dr. Donner to all my friends and family. A wonderful and caring Dr. I just happen to be one of the few patients that don't bounce back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Dr Donner was very informative and educated me on some issues and suggested some avenues that had not been explored . He is a good man and so are his associates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
This man has given me my life back TWICE. I feel blessed everyday that we found him. My first surgery was when I was 17. No one wants to do a major back surgery on a kid but it was hugely successful and I went on to have 3 children, run in half marathons and complete a Tough Mudder. It had been noted in the first surgery that the disc above was not great. We thought we had 10 years on it-I got 24. My last surgery was 4 months ago and I feel amazing! Working out and enjoying life again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Enjoyed our visits. He exhausted all options before opting to surgery. On the negative side, i do wish we would have done the surgeries sooner than we did. The surgeries did help out considerably, i am in pain still , but it's considerably better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I contacted Dr. Jeffery Donner concerning an occasional minor pain ( pain level 1/10) near my spine. After reviewing a MRI, he told me he should perform a verebroplasty procedure on vertebrae T8 and T9. This is where a cement like substance is injected into the vertebrae. I had the procedure on August 5, 2016. Several weeks after the procedure, the pain level increase to 5/10 and it greatly affected my mobility. It took about 3 months for the effect of the procedure to go away. Was it neccessary
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
This man listens and has helped me from bed ridden to up and moving when other doctors wrote me off THANK YOU DR DONNER
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Both my wife and I have been treated by Dr. Donner. I had neck surgery, and she has been evaluated for back pain and referred to a pain management clinic. We couldn't be more pleased with the attitude and treatment received each time we visit. It is evident that Dr. Donner's care and concern are reflected throughout everyone in his employ...they are all efficient and courteous and make it a pleasure visiting their offices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I have had back problems for years, he was informative and patient with me any decisions I have had two back fusions in two years I think he knows what he is doing and I have had great results
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Conner. He was very concerned as to why I was having so much pain. He tried injections when the pain didn't subside he recommended surgery after the surgery the pain was much better and 6 months later pain mostly gone unless I do things that irritate it like vacuuming I had my SI joint fused
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I was referred to Dr Donner for SI joint pain 18 months ago. He spent many uncompensated hours helping obtain my surgery approval. Recovery went well and follow-ups were thorough. My quality of life has improved. I'm back at work and able to sleep through the night without pain. The referral to Dr. Donner saved my life. He is a kind, caring man and an expert in his field who spends a great deal of time researching methods to improve the lives of his patients. I am thankful for him and his staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Doctor Donner has done two surgeries on my wife. One onthe back and one on her neck. Both times he has thoroughly walked US through the process. We have great praise for Doctor Donner. Not only has my wife almost no pain but iit has reduced her dependence on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Dr. Donners, knowledge and skill more than met out expectations. He is caring and highly qualified. After having surgery I have experienced little to no pain. I am highly satisfied with the out come. I would recommend Dr. Donner to anyone that is having issues with their back. Robert Bishop
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I had back surgery with Dr Donner in October of 2003. I have been doing great since then. I was talking about my back surgery to my co workers and had a patient over hear what was said about Dr. Donner. She began asking questions and I told her that I would recommend Dr. Donner to any one who needed back surgery.
5 stars
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Donner?

To provide the most professional orthopedic care possible and communicate effectively at every stage of treatment. Orthopedic medicine focuses on the science and mechanics of motion and if your mobility is limited or threatened, we are here to help. We deliver our services in a comfortable, friendly, and state-of-the-art facility.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1997
Temple University
1990
University Of Pennsylvania (Health Systems-Presbyterian Medical Ctr)-Spinal Surgery
1989
1982
1974

• Patient's Choice Award-Colorado's Favorite Physicians, Vitals.com, 2010

Dr. Donner accepts

Dr. Donner accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Altius Health Plans
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
WellCare
WellCare PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Donner's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Donner treats patients.

Poudre Valley Hospital