Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Donner
4795 LARIMER PKWY Johnstown, CO 80534

Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Johnstown, CO and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Donner has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Temple University School of Medicine medical school in 1982. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as McKee Medical Center and Medical Center Of The Rockies. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Donner to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

See similar Orthopedic Surgeons in Johnstown

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Donner accepts

Dr. Donner accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
WellCare
WellCare PPO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 59% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Donner treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Donner treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Donner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Donner

Dr. Donner?
What People Say About Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD
Number 1 doctor, I really like him and his office members, very nice friendly and helpful??
Vesna Halimovic – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Excellent doctor personable, knowledgable, caring happy with my care! Would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs surgery wonderful staff too.!!
Veronica Thomas – Apr 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I am an 87 year old male diagnosed with severe degenerative osteoporosis in the mid 80's. At the time, there was no medicine available to treat this disease. The army treated me with different medications, combinations of medicines etc. but to no avail. They either did no good or made me sicker. Eventually, they started treating me with cortisone shots. This went on for some time and I was eventually told there was nothing more they could do for me. After they stopped, I started to do down hill and finally was bed ridden. My wife took over my care for quite some time. We went to the senior center here in Loveland where we picked up some brochures for places here in town. One of them was for Dr. Donner at the Colorado Spine Institute. My wife called them and they gave me an appointment right away. Dr. Donner started treating my back and soon had me back on my feet and using my walker. If you have spine problems I highly recommend you call his office for an appointment and evaluation.
P.B. – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Dr Donner took the time to answer all my questions on my back and recommend treatment!
Kathy Crowell – Jul 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Best doctor ever! Got me in surgery and it is two weeks before I can get it! Took compassion for me and got me in the next day!! Grateful forever to Dr. Donner! No more headaches! I have already been referring people to him as I knew he was the best after a friend of mine who was really sick and needed surgery. Excellent doctor and team of people! For surgery it was a great relief to be surrounded by such a great team!
Patty Meyer in Fort Collins, CO – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I have had the pleasure of receiving needed and required medical advice and care from Dr. Donner, Luc, Bob and the entire team at Colorado Spine Institute. In 2017, Dr. Donner performed disc replacements of C5-C6 and C6-C7 after I had endured cervical pain and limited motion for more than 10 years. Other physicians offered to fuse my neck but Dr. Donner refused to fuse, offering other options which would allow me to maintain freedom of movement without loss of function and or strength. Dr. Donner performed my needed surgery. I walked in for the surgery at 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning and walked out at 11:30 AM the same morning free of pain and free of cervical discomfort. I safely worked briefly on Wednesday morning, slept all day on Thanksgiving Day and was back at work full time on Friday. I followed my precautions and continue to remain free of pain and discomfort nearly two years later. Dr. Donner is awesome and my choice to repair my lumbar spine. Great positive experience.
Rocky, Licensed Physical Therapist – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Dr. Donner and all of his staff here at the Colorado Spine Institute are wonderful. From the moment you walk in you feel welcomed and cared for! The staff are caring and knowledgeable with all aspects and make sure your getting the best treatment possible! They make sure you understand what is going on and what your best treatment plan is. I trust theses Dr's with my life and and truly believe they have my best interest in getting me back on track to a pain free life! I wouldn't go anywhere else!
Christina R. – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I felt welcome and concern for my Lower Lumbar issues from the entire staff. It was good to meet Chris and see Dr. Donner. All my questions were answered and the time spent with me was what I needed. I left with a good understanding of where I stand and on treatment going forward. Treated well by Andrea (sp?) at front desk, Brittany, Stacey, Chris, and Dr. Donner. Happy to be with Dr. Donner and his staff.
Larry A. – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
My back pain had become nearly unbearable. Dr. Donner and his staff did a diagnosis and then performed surgery on my back. I still have some pain but at least an 80% reduction to what it was. It's a 700 mile round trip for me to see Dr. Donner but for the quality of care I receive it is worth the drive.
Larry Lay – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Dr. Donner listened to all my concerns. He has bent over backwards to help me.
Berthoud – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I remember having back pain all the way back to the second grade. I was kicked FROM BEHIND by an older student. lots of pain. later in 2002 had disk surgery. not good. another surgery in 2006 with same result. after suffering through twelve more years of pain, my primary care doctor referred me to DR. DONNER. she made the call while I was in her office. dr. donner wanted to see me THEN. my surgery was scheduled after my visit. I woke up with no pain!!! i'm six months out an still no pain.......!
tom livingston in johnstown, co. – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I really appreciated Dr Donner laying out my treatment plan clearly for me. I believe he took care to listen to me and treat me based on my issues. Very pleased with my time at this office.
Tina in Stephens – Jan 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I saw Dr. Donner after seeing 4 other local "back doctors at spine centers". All of those doctors missed the ruptured disc in my back. I'd like to leave their names but... Dr. Donner is a mild-mannered, considerate, expert, who understood the necessity of me getting treatment. His entire staff should be regarded as the most competent of individuals in their given area. This also includes everyone who who processed me at the surgery center right next door. I'm healed and walking again! Thx
Rick Sparks in Fort Collins – Dec 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
My experience with Dr. Donner was very good.My surgery was successful. My rehabilitation was longer than expected due to my age of 68 but six months post operative I really feel like I'm getting back to normal. I had a fusion of L5-S1 with rods placed laterally. Dr. Donner also cleaned up my L4-L5 peripheral nerve foramen. I'm stationary biking six miles, three times a week and have started resistance training again with free weights and cables. I'd recommend Dr. Donner for back surgery.
Dec 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Donner's for the past 12 years. He has operated on my back 4 times during that period. If it wasn't for his excellent skills I probably would be in a wheel chair by now. I trust him explicitly.
JoAnn Maes in Greeley, CO – Oct 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
After having back pain for years I went to Dr. Donner. He tried everything he could first to keep from doing surgery. Finally we did surgery and I felt really good for a couple of months than the pain came back. Again Dr. Donner exhausted all avenues trying to figure out my issues. I am still experiencing pain but I can honestly say I would and do recommend Dr. Donner to all my friends and family. A wonderful and caring Dr. I just happen to be one of the few patients that don't bounce back.
Beth Lechman in Dterling, CO – Oct 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Dr Donner was very informative and educated me on some issues and suggested some avenues that had not been explored . He is a good man and so are his associates.
Robert Kill in Green River, Wyoming – Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
This man has given me my life back TWICE. I feel blessed everyday that we found him. My first surgery was when I was 17. No one wants to do a major back surgery on a kid but it was hugely successful and I went on to have 3 children, run in half marathons and complete a Tough Mudder. It had been noted in the first surgery that the disc above was not great. We thought we had 10 years on it-I got 24. My last surgery was 4 months ago and I feel amazing! Working out and enjoying life again!
Nelle in Loveland, CO – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
Enjoyed our visits. He exhausted all options before opting to surgery. On the negative side, i do wish we would have done the surgeries sooner than we did. The surgeries did help out considerably, i am in pain still , but it's considerably better.
Brayden Gilbert in Loveland, Colorado – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?
I contacted Dr. Jeffery Donner concerning an occasional minor pain ( pain level 1/10) near my spine. After reviewing a MRI, he told me he should perform a verebroplasty procedure on vertebrae T8 and T9. This is where a cement like substance is injected into the vertebrae. I had the procedure on August 5, 2016. Several weeks after the procedure, the pain level increase to 5/10 and it greatly affected my mobility. It took about 3 months for the effect of the procedure to go away. Was it neccessary
John B in Windsor, CO – Dec 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. E Jeffrey Donner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Donner?

To provide the most professional orthopedic care possible and communicate effectively at every stage of treatment. Orthopedic medicine focuses on the science and mechanics of motion and if your mobility is limited or threatened, we are here to help. We deliver our services in a comfortable, friendly, and state-of-the-art facility.

• Orthopedic Neck Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Spine Surgery

1997
Temple University
1990
University Of Pennsylvania (Health Systems-Presbyterian Medical Ctr)-Spinal Surgery
1989
Temple University School of Medicine
1982
Temple University School of Medicine
1974
University of Vermont

• Patient's Choice Award-Colorado's Favorite Physicians, Vitals.com, 2010

More Information

• Does Dr. Donner communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Donner communicates via email

• Does Dr. Donner offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Donner offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Donner offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Donner offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Donner have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Donner has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Donner offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Donner offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Donner offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Donner offers evening visits