Dr. Dwight Tyndall, MD

Dr. Dwight Tyndall, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Dwight Tyndall, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Munster, IN. He has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

730 45th Ave

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CareSource
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Tyndall

See how frequently Dr. Tyndall performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Back Pain

Dr. Tyndall's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Tyndall's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tyndall "Dr.Tyndall is a leader in the new fields of OutPatient Spine Surgery and Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS). He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery training at Stanford University Medical Center and his Spine Surgery fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS). He is very active in developing new innovative spine surgery techniques and devices for OutPatient Spine Surgery (OPSS) and Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS). He often gives lectures and teaching demonstrations about these new techniques. He is strong believer in non-operative treatments for most Spine conditions and a strong proponent of the exciting new fields of : Outpatient Spine Surgery (OPSS) by which the patient can have a procedure done in an outpatient setting and return home the same day. Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS) which allows for smaller and less painful incisions "

This content was provided by Dr. Tyndall "We consider all patients to be unique and therefore deserve individual and personalized care. "

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Discogenic Pain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• New York University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • New York University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Stanford University Hospital
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Tyndall has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tyndall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tyndall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tyndall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tyndall to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Tyndall's Performance
in Demotte, IN |
was quite an assuring process leading to surgery, very well mannered and attentive staff. i would be happy to recommend this doctor. sara astrid smith
Hammond, IN. |
Very professional and down to earth. He gave me excellent care and advice. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
in Munster |
Dr. Tyndall was very professional and diagnosed my herniated disc. Even though he is a surgeon, he recommended against surgery due to the fact that the herniation was not severe. I appreciated and respected his honesty and knowledge. If you have a spine issue, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Tyndall.
Bourbonnais, IL |
I would recommend Dr. Tyndall again and again, I was caught in a bit of a situation with my back, and he took care of me every step of the way. He did not sugar coat things, he was very straight forward and honest with the situation. But thanks to him i can walk normally again and no longer in pain!!
in Merrillville, Indiana |
I would recommend Dr. Tyndall to anyone with back problems. The office is very professional and friendly. He takes his time and answers all questions that you might have. Love him to death.
in Munster, IN |
I have had back pain for a few years due to my work. My back pain got worse after I was rear-ended in an automobile accident. Dr. Tyndall performed a lumbar fusion on my back, and after my surgery I had NO back pain. I trust Dr. Tyndall. He took the time as a physician to listen to me and explain the different options we could look at to help me. I am so happy I chose Dr. Tyndall for my care.
Dr. Tyndall is a great doctor. A very professional team with many years of experience.
Horrible bedside manner, didn't listen to me and recommended surgery within 15 minutes! 3 years later, I am doing great WITHOUT surgery. I have heard from friends that he also is a poor surgeon.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Tindal will not be worried about your health! He's all about supporting the best interest of companies when it comes to workman's compensation. So I don't trust him for any type of service.
in Indiana |
I have been seeing Dr. Tyndall for almost 8 years. I am very grateful to him for fixing me up. He has done 2 surgeries on me.
Griffith, IN |
Went to other specialists and was told I had degenerative disc disease, but there was nothing they could do for me. Several years later I saw Dr. Tyndall, and got the same diagnosis, but a much more positive prognosis. I had an L5/S1 lumbar fusion 2 weeks ago. Hours after surgery I was able to stand longer and walk farther than I've been able to in years. Dr. Tyndall is awesome, as is his staff, especially Carrie who is always willing to answer all my questions.
in Schererville In 46375 |
I had a great outcome with my father's back surgery and then I also had a great outcome with my back surgery. In February of 2017. I'm so grateful to have such a great Dr. Thank you for all your work. Karen Livesay Brandt.
in Saint John, IN |
Dr. Tyndall and his staff are wonderful, carIng, and professional people. I first went to see Dr.Tyndall 11 years ago for two herniated discs in my lower back. After surgery I healed and resumed my life, I was so very pleased. Dr. Tyndall operated on me last week for a much more extensive surgery and I'm healing well. I would recommend Dr. Tyndall to anyone with back pain. Excellent doctor and staff (his assistance is a terrific lady) that includes front desk personnel too.
Munster, IN |
Dr. Tyndall was more worried about what insurance would pay for and not what needed to be done. He could not say with 100 percent confidence that an "issue" on the right side of the patient's back was NOT related to the "issue" on the left side of patient. Due to the insurance company's refusal and the Doctor's refusal to inquire - the patient will have to have two surgeries instead of one.
in Michigan City, IN |
Dr. Tyndall perfomed surgery on my spine, and his work was flawless. Excellent car. No Pain,. short rehab, I am good to go! Thank you Dr. Ty6ndall and your team! Got back problems? This IS your guy!
in Lansing, IL |
Dr Tyndall came highly recommended to me. He is a kind, caring Doctor, who is very thorough In his treatment of your condition. I would highly recommend Dr. Tyndall for any and all issues you might have regarding back pain!!!
in Whiting, IN |
I suffered from chronic back pain for most of my adult life. I went in to see Dr Tyndall for a consultation. He recommended I try therapy first. I also tried steroid shots. When that didn't help we agreed that surgery would be the next step. In two months I feel better than I have in 10 years! Dr Tyndall is clearly concerned with making the best choices. His assistant Carrie made the whole process simple. They are a great team and efficient. It's the whole package!
in Highland, IN |
Very professional, everything explained in a manner that I was able to understand. Options given and discussed.
Have you seen Dr. Dwight Tyndall, MD?
Are you Dr. Tyndall?

Cofinity PPO
  • Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA