Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD is an urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery specialist in Federal Way, WA. He specializes in urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery and female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery.

Franciscan Women's Health Associates at St. Francis

New Patient?

Dr. Poehlmann accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Poehlmann has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(253) 205-0181Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Poehlmann's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Vaginal Repair
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vaginoplasty

Scott Poehlmann, MD is a board-certified urogynecologist who specializes in diagnosing and treating all gynecologic and pelvic floor issues from painful periods and heavy bleeding to leaky bladder or prolapsed (falling out) organs. Dr. Poehlmann seek...

• Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery

3.5

Dr. Poehlmann?
Dr. Poehlmann's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD
I would not, under any circumstances, refer Dr. Poehlmann - even to my worst enemy. This physician is dismissive and pompous. I had a simple surgery that has since turned into 3 additional surgeries and another scheduled to reconstruct. He preformed unnecessary bladder mesh surgery (confirmed by another doctor) and nearly let me die as a result of his cavalier attitude toward my subsequent illness. I almost died of sepsis under his care. No follow-up. As far as he knows, I could be dead since he's never followed up with me. He knew I was extremely sick (due to the sepsis that was undiagnosed when I was transferred to a trauma hospital via ambulance) and was unconcerned with my well-being. CHI Franciscan should be ashamed they continue to employ this man. Find another physician!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
Do NOT under any circumstances let this man treat you. He is condescending & dangerous. Botched my surgery & even when I told him I knew what was wrong he denied it & insisted it was a different problem. Saw another specialist 60 miles away & he was appalled @ my problem. This person should no longer be permitted to practice in any capacity!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
Dr. Poehlmann is an exemplary physician and surgeon. He pays attention to every detail in a patient's care and recovery. I was very satisfied with the skill of Dr. Poehlmann and his knowledge of his field. I would highly recommend him for any woman who needs help with pelvic floor issues complicated by urinary leakage or bladder prolapse. There are not many doctors as dedicated as Dr. Poehlmann. I value his care and know he always has my best interest at heart. He is very personable and kind,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
Dr. Poehlmann is an Outstanding Doctor! Very organized, well educated and professional. My experience through the surgery, pre-op and post-op was amazing. His staff is caring and gentle. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. We need more Doctors like him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
Dr.Poehlmann is the best doctor ever !!! I can't say enough kind things about him!!! I would recommend him to everybody you honestly will not go wrong by seeing him !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
Dr Poehlmann is one of the kindest most caring doctors I have ever met. He is so educated and detail oriented that his description of your case might be hard to understand if you are not a medical person. Ask him to explain it in simple terms and he will. Medicine is not a guarantee for a perfect outcome. Interview more than one until you find a great one for you. I always found Dr. Poehlmann to be highly ethical and humble and honest. I highly recommend meeting with him to discuss your case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
The guy is a hack!!! Almost ruined my wife's life. He diagnosed her as needing a stoma bag through an incision to her bladder. She cried and cried. Got a second opinion and turned out she only needed pelvic strengthening. Poehlmann was going to perform the surgery with minimal diagnoses. There is a place for Incompetence in fast food. Not the medical industry. This proves you can read books and pass tests but have poor judgement. DO NOT GIVE HIM YOUR TIME!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
STAY AWAY! HORRIBLE "DOCTOR"! He misdiagnosed me with a rare disease that I didn't have! He told me I needed a very invasive surgery and that I had a neurological disorder without hardly testing me. The first appointment after my elementary test results came back he insensitivity told me "this is so interesting- you have a very rare disease" my life turned upside down! He went on to carelessly try to schedule a VERY INVASIVE surgery for the next week. I went to UW to find I needed simple PT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
He delivered my high risk child early in his career. He had no empathy whatsoever. His comment 'if you would quit whining and start pushing you'd be done' will never be forgotten. I tore-he sewed me up without waiting at all for the local anesthetic to take effect. He is in the wrong profession.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?
Four years Dr. Poehlmann damaged my ureter during a standard hysterectomy. At this time he worked as a contractor for the US Army in El Paso, Texas. His words: Have fun sueing the Army. He has left Texas. After five surgical attemps I had to give up my kidney this year. My life has never been the same. Don' t let him touch you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Poehlmann, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Poehlmann?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Poehlmann treats patients.

St. Francis Hospital