Dr. Dwight Owens, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Owens

Peachstate Psychiatric Services, Inc Atlanta, GA

1720 Peachtree St NW Ste 640 Atlanta, GA 30309

Dr. Dwight Owens, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Med Univ in 1994 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Owens accepts

Dr. Owens accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Owens' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Owens' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dwight Antonio Owens, M.D., is a native of Atlanta, Georgia. He completed his early childhood and high school education in the Atlanta Public Schools. Dr. Owens obtained a BS in Biology from Morehouse College and a M.D. from Health Science Center at ...

• Psychiatry

3.2

Dr. Owens?
Dr. Owens' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dwight Owens, MD
Dr. Owens is professional. I have been his patient for 3 years and his integrity is beyond reproach. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Doc made me feel comfortable with figuring out a diagnosis. He asked all the correct questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Horrible experience. Family member cried after visit. He is very abrupt and formulates his own views and does not allow one to fully discuss or explain things
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
There seems to be some fraud going on here. I was told they would do a drug test. Fine. They pricked by finger and took a few drops. I spent just a few minutes with the doctor while he read my diagnosis from the results of a questionaire I had just completed on his tablet. Then he filed a claim over $4,000 with my insurance. No recommendation, no prescription. Just a bill. Turns out, his office lied about being in my insurance network. The office does not respond. Stay away!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Dr Owens is a good and caring doctor. I’ve always been treated professionally. When I had billing questions it was explained carefully and calmly to me. About drug screening, Dr Owens takes seriously his duty to prescribe medicine responsibly- I appreciate that! This was the first black owned and operated medical practice I have visited (I am not black). To say I wasn’t a little nervous about this would be a lie. Their care showed me my nervousness was unfounded and it quickly disappeared.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
My first and only visit was a nightmare! I just moved to Brookhaven, Georgia and I had to find a new doctor in the area, which is already scary enough. Dr. Owens spent less than 5 minutes with me and never looked at my medical history from previous doctors. He was disrespectful to me and my time. I was shocked he turned me away as a patient, but at that moment I realized it's a money grab for him. He charged my insurance over $4,000 with a balance of $400 that I have to pay. He is a fraud!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Unable to effectively communicate level of crisis to Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Dr. Owens is the best in his field. Dr Owens takes time to understand your issues
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Dr. Owens is very knowledgeable, professional, and caring. His staff is also courteous and helpful. Having him as a doctor has been a pleasure and I would recommend his services to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
This man is super rude and arrogant. Not only that, he omits very important information during visits. He overtalks you and is a bit confrontational. During my first (and last) visit he diagnosed me with adhd and anxiety but the emailed statement for $655 which says i also suffer from bipolar disorder. This should have been discussed. But his reposnse when we spoke was “i was going to tell u in the second visit”. But that was followed up with “there are several doctors in the area u can go to”
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
The rudest doctor I have ever seen in my life, ignores questions, an administrative nightmare to try and schedule appointments, they never pick up, tone is extremely condescending
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
this man will have you waiting hours! they are so slow and don’t seem to care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Dr Owens has a no reschedule policy for new patients. My flight was cancelled and I was stranded in la, when I called to reschedule, I was rudely told that they could recommend another psych, but, I could never meet with dr Owens. I asked for an explanation as to why he wouldn’t want me as a patient and the bulldog of a receptionist offered no answer. The same office that has an unspoken no rescheduling policy, also has poor scheduling practices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Dr. Owens is professional, down to earth, compassionate, and realistic with my treatment. I would recommend him to anyone who would like to take a step toward improving their mental/emotional well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Owens for anyone seeking help in their lives. It is clear from meeting with, talking to, and working with Dr. Owens, he truly cares for his patients. From the moment you walk in his office, the staff and Dr. Owens make feel you are in a good place where you will receive treatment, with compassion, that truly helps improve your quality of life. Dr. Owens and his team do it right. I recommend them highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Many years I have searched for someone who can provide the right level of care from both a pharmaceutical and therapeutic lens. Dr. Owens is the best fit I ever had and will contribute to me continuing to take care of myself mentally, physically, and spiritually. I work in mental health myself and I can tell you- He is the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Dr. Owens is very knowledgeable and concern about his patients. I’ve been under his care for about 5 yrs. And he helped me through every issue and crises. I have and will continue to recommend family and friends to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
I’ve dealt with many mental health doctors and all they cared about was my money and writing death sentence prescription. Dr Owen and his staff take the time to listen and understand your medical needs. Yes, they take vitals and yes they tackle health regulations and compliance head on. Dr Owen and his staff are educated and are here to help an individual on a case by case basis. I highly recommend Dr Owens if you care about your future well being
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
Diva is the word that comes to mind. He required you to weigh in and get your blood pressure taken before every appointment....and not by a nurse...his office staff. Then he would spend the whole time telling me all about his personal trainer while drinking a huge sweet tea. He was always late because he was doing something else...not because he was with another patient. All about him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dwight Owens, MD?
I’ve been treating with Doctor Owens since 2007! His staff is extremely professional and welcoming! Dr. Owens’ is honest and willing to help anyone that wants to be helped. He teaches some of the best techniques when it comes to dealing with mental illness; He’s one of the best mental health providers in the Atlanta area. I know because he’s helped me! Lisa F.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Owens?

Peachstate Psychiatric Services, Inc Atlanta, GA