Dr. Dustin Child, MD

Dr. Dustin Child, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Dustin Child, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Kaysville, UT. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

380 N 400 W

Kaysville, UT 84037

• Altius Health Plans
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)

Learn about Dr. Child

Dr. Child's Experience

Dr. Child's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Child's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Child "Dr. Child is happily married to his wife, Caron. They have 4 beautiful children. As a family, they love sports and outdoor activities. Caron runs marathons, mountain bikes, and volunteers with The Sharing Place, a group helping people deal with their grief after losing a loved one. Their son plays football for Weber State University and their daughter runs cross country and track for Weber State University. One son is on a 2 year service mission in Mexico City. Their youngest son is in 9th and loves baseball and football. Dr. Child has loved to coach all his children in football, baseball, and soccer. They love to hunt, fish, mountain bike, and hike as a family. They also enjoy getting together with extended family. Dr. Child loves caring for his patients at the Tanner Clinic in Kaysville."

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Sinusitis
  • Ataxia
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Dry Skin
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Nosebleed
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Pneumonia
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Rash
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Runner's Knee
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vertigo
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Biopsy
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University Of Utah
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • St Louis Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • McKay-Dee
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • McKay-Dee Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Child has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Child does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Child and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Child's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Child to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Child's Performance
Syracuse, UT |
poor communication and poor service! I don't recommend him or this clinic.
Syracuse, UT |
worst experience ever! terrible communication and customer service from the dr and the receptionist!
Kaysville, UT |
I was highly recommended Dr. Child from a friend and I have been thrilled with the attention and care I have received! I first went to Dr. Child to help me manage and have accountability for healthy, sustainable weight loss. He has set up a plan for calories/activity/water intake etc and also prescriptions as needed. I follow up with him monthly with measurements and stats and he helps adjust the plan and care each time. He has been a great fit for my health needs!
in Tooele, UT |
Dr. Child is one of the most friendliest and professional doctors I have encountered. He is very good at knowing what it is that you need based on the information provided to him. He will very clearly and accurately explain his findings and ensure that you understand everything! His medical staff operates on a high level and are very helpful! At this point, I feel like the combined aspects of all that I have mentioned was enough to win me over and change family physicians. Highly recommend him!
Elder Child is an excellent doctor. Very personable and helpful. We have been so appreciative of the care he has given to our family of 5 for many years now.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Child is a great doctor. He's personable and I love that he takes the time for my medical needs and now my children's.....since I like him so much I now take them there. I have loved having Dr. Child as my doctor at Tanner Clinic.
in Lehi, UT |
Dr. Child is simply awesome. He is always kind and caring and thorough. He treated my son recently and took the time to fully understand the issue and then resolve it. I would offer my highest recommendation for this doc!
Dr. Child is a fantastic doctor. He is so personable and Knowledgeable. He is easy to talk to and really listens. I highly recommend him for your whole family's medical needs.
in Fruit Heights, UT |
It is very important to me that my family feels comfortable with our doctor, and that I have complete confidence in his abilities to take care of our medical needs. Dr. Child always knows exactly what to do to keep us in good health and my whole family loves him. We are always able to get an appointment quickly and never have to wait for more than a few minutes when we get to the office. We couldn't be happier.
Kaysville, UT |
My son just saw Dr. Child for a sports physical. Got him right in and was very thorough! He answered all our questions.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have never been blown off and felt more disrespected than I was by Dr. Child's. I had some side effects to some medicine that he gave to me. I did some research and it was clearly stated online that about 3% of people have this side effect. I talked to him about it and he discounted me completely and said it was not possible. As if he knew more about what my body was feeling than I did. He does not listen and plows ahead as if he knows everything and you know nothing. Over charges
Bountiful, UT |
Dr. Child is so wonderful with his patients. We took our 8-year old daughter to see him because she had a broken finger. He was so gentle with her and made her feel so comfortable. He was very friendly and willing to explain everything to us. We highly recommend Dr. Child. He was great!
Oakland, CA |
Wonderful doctor! Knowledgeable. Easy access! Would definitely recommend!
in Ogden, Utah |
Great doctor! I needed a skin mass removed. I was worried about scarring, but it healed up great!
in Kaysville, UT |
Dr. Child is always great! He's helped me with my knee and a sore throat. Both times I got in the same day and didn't have to wait. He was thorough and caring.
in Layton, UT |
Dr. Child took the time to understand what was hurting my son and then he diagnosed the problem when others couldn't. Dr. Child is always friendly and professional. Highly recommend him.
Thank you JH for recommending me to other patients. I'm glad BH is playing baseball and pitching again!
in Fruit Heights, UT |
We have known Dr. Child for many years. He has always been very professional and willing to go the extra mile on weird medical issues or questions that we have encountered to make sure we are receiving the correct treatment. We highly recommend and trust him. Great people skills for young and old!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My daughter felt totally at ease with Dr. Child. He is very good at listening, asking questions, and then communicating his recommendations. He is very personable and knowledgable. Our family loves Dr. Child!
Salt Lake City, UT |
Great Dr. Helped my husband with his knee when it wasn't getting better and we ordered an MRI and it was torn. His staff is friendly and they do a great job at what they do. They care for u and answer any questions thst u might have.
Inglewood, CA |
The best follow up that I have experienced from a doctor
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Child was amaizing! With "white coat" anxiety it is very stressful for me to actually make my doctor appointments. I was so nervousness waiting for him to enter the exam room for my first visit. My blood pressure was off the charts. He calmed me down within the first 5 minutes and the exam went very well. The asthma medication he suggested worked perfectly. I feel like my fear of going to the doctors office is over thanks to Dr. Child. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM! J. Jelosek
in Kaysville, UT |
When it comes to Sports Medicine, Dr. Child is the best! He has helped me with many tendinitis issues and helped my son recover from a concussion. His knowledge in medicine is excellent and refers appropriately when needed. He presents the facts and gives options allowing the patient to be an active part of the decision making process.
in Kaysvillel, UT |
We took our son to see Dr. Child and he was so personable and kind. He really listened and was genuinely interested in making sure our son got the shots and the help he needed for his church mission in Ecuador. We appreciated the time he took with us - he didn't seem rushed at all. Dr. Child is professional and we would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Lehi, UT |
Dr. Child has always been available and concerned with my overall health and that of my son. He has treated us for various issues including sicknesses and injuries. He is genuinely concerned about us and takes the time to make the right diagnosis. I would and do recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great family doctor and primary care physician. I often make the trip from Lehi to Kaysville because seeing Dr. Child is worth the trip!
in Kaysville, Utah |
Dr. Child truly cares about his patients. He never makes you feel that he is in a hurry when he is with you. He explains everything so you can understand and is so willing to answer any questions. My family was leaving for Washington D.C. when my son got sick. Dr. Child stayed late just to meet with us. He took the time to thoroughly check my son and prescribed the medications we needed. He told me to call anytime if we needed anything while we were gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Child.
in Salt Lake City, Utah |
He is very thorough, friendly, and smart. Excellent bed-side manner and was genuinely concerned about making sure I overcame my illness.
in Fruit Heights, UT |
Dr. Child is our favorite doctor. Over the years he has treated illness, answered odd questions, referred us to appropriate specialists, and glued or stitched us up at odd hours. We totally trust him and love knowing we have a doctor that is also a friend. Highly recommend. Genuinely a good person and great with kids!
in Kaysville, UT |
Very professional, knowledgable and great bedside manner.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Scheduling with Dr. Child has always been easy. He is quick to solve problems but takes his time with me to help me feel reassured I am receiving the best care.
in Ogden, UT |
Dr. Child and his staff were awesome the day I was seen at their Kaysville location. They are very friendly and treat you like family. Dr. Child and his staff are very knowledgeable in what they do. I will continue to visit Dr. Child's office from here on out.
in Riverton, UT |
Dustin will always be my doctor. I have used him for years! I've never had a more caring doctor who actually really cares about his patients. But he actually saved me from having a heart attack and possible stroke. I owe my life to this guy!
in Cottonwood Heights |
Dustin was awesome at treating my high blood pressure when no other doctor could find the right medications. I am no longer a walking heart attack or stroke patient.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Child quickly and correctly diagnosed my daughter's condition and treated her with great care. He was super nice and explained things in a way that we could understand. We will go to Dr Child for a long time to come!
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Child is so personable and knowledgeable. He diagnosed my son's strabismus of his right eye after several doctor's had told us not to worry about it. We were able to see a specialist and have surgery that fixed it completely. He is willing to listen and answer questions about anything. I would highly recommend him to any family who is looking for a wonderful family doctor.
in Kaysville, UT |
My husband and I are current patient's of Dr.Child. My husband hates going to the the doctor, after seeing Dr.Child and his staff he has a different opinion due to his experience, My husband states "Dr.Child is such a great Dr he makes you feel so comfortable and he answers all your questions." I highly recommend you to make an appointment with Dr.Child!
in Salt Lake City, Utah |
Dr. Child has been my primary care physician for a decade and I couldn't be happier. Each appointment is prompt without waiting. He has always been very interested in my well-being and completely thorough in his examinations. So happy I was able to continue with him when he made his move from South Ogden to the Tanner Clinic.
in Kaysville, UT |
I was very hesitant about finding a new doctor when I moved to a new area. I am very glad that I started seeing Dr. Child, he is very friendly and know a lot. I feel comfortable when I come in to see him, not like with some doctors where they make you feel like it's an inconvenience for them to see you. My kids like coming to see him too.
in West Jordan, UT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Child! He always takes the time to help our whole family with all of our medical issues. He has always been very happy to help and extremely professional during our visits. Dr. Child has always been able to treat us the same day which is so nice to have in our time of need.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Such a great doctor, would definitely recommend.
in Sandy, Utah |
Dr. Child is awesome. Our whole family has seen him, myself, my husband and our 2 boys. He is great with kids, patient, friendly and fun. He explains whatever the condition is very well, how to treat it and how to not spread it. He treats you like a person, and shows that he cares, not like you are just another patient or number.
Dr. Child has always been so kind every time we have visited his office. He has treated most of my kids me is very good with them. His staff has always been very friendly as well. I've never had to wait very long and once we have been seen, he has always been very thorough. Dr.child is a great Doctor!
in Draper, Utah |
Dr. Child has been my doctor for many years. He has helped with many different issues from helping to diagnose my rheumatoid arthritis to answering simple questions and calming my frayed nerves while I was pregnant. He has always been very helpful and very knowledgeable in many areas of medicine. I am always impressed with his bedside manner, his professionalism, and his extensive expertise.
in Kaysville, UT |
Dr. Child is an excellent doctor! He has been taking care of me and my family for years. I called and was seen the same day. He listened to all my concerns. He was patient. I had plantar fasciitis, and he helped me get better so I could run my marathon. He took great care of me.
Salt Lake City, UT |
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Child for years. He has been most attentive and caring. Also, my father chose Dr. Child when his physician retired. Dad had dementia and prostate cancer which eventually took his life. I appreciated Dr. Child's attention to Dad even visiting him in his home a couple of times. We travel from Salt Lake to see him and tell all our friends that it is worth the short drive. We are grateful that we have selected Dr. Child as our family doctor.
in South Ogden, UT |
He was my doc & I had seen him many times, I came to his office 7 Days after a major leg ankle fusion surgery, had huge leg wrap, using wheelchair & walker, not even in cast yet till swelling went down & other foot was damaged. When he came in he did not ask or say one word about my leg, not one single word. I came there because of bladder infection & after the test he came back to exam room & said yep, you sure do have an infection, wrote prescription said bye. What kind of Doc would do that?
Have you seen Dr. Dustin Child, MD?

See our Family Medicine Specialists at Ogden Regional Medical Center

Visit Dr. Child

Dr. Child accepts 26 insurance carriers
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Direct Care America/Primary Health Services (DCA/PHS)
  • Health Utah
  • HealthChoice
  • Healthwise
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicaid of Utah