Dr. Durga Madala, MD

Dr. Durga Madala, MD

CardiologyFemaleAge 55

Cardiology

Dr. Durga Madala, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in San Jose, CA. She is affiliated with medical facilities Good Samaritan Hospital and Mountain View Campus (El Camino Hospital). Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Durga Madala, MD

Durga Madala, MD2516 Samaritan Dr Ste A San Jose, CA 95124

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Madala is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital San Jose, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ See hospitals

More Cardiology Specialists at Good Samaritan Hospital

Dr. Madala's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Madala

4.2

Amazing Cardiologist!
Dr. Madala has been my Cardiologist for close to 20 years and there is no one else I would trust. She listens to my concerns, makes sure my heart is staying in good shape, and is so thorough. I can't imagine getting better care with anyone else. Others note it is a busy office--DUH! If she wasn't one of the best, it wouldn't be busy now would it? Can't sing her praises enough!
Tony M – May 28, 2022
Praise for Dr. Madala
Dr. Madala is a brilliant, thoughtful cardiologist. She's been helping me for a year and I feel extremely confident under her care. Everyone in her office, from the nurses to her tech, Alex, are kind, consummate professionals. Dr. Madala listens; she thinks out of the box. She calls me at home to check up on me. I highly recommend her.
LEM – May 09, 2022
Excellent
I was suffering from chest pain for the past few months and was seeing another cardiologist who did a stress test and said everything was normal. I had a bypass surgery in the past. On my first visit with Dr. Madala, she immediately reacted to my symptoms. She pointed out that my EKG was abnormal, and it is not good with my ongoing chest pain. She said stress tests can be false negative. She immediately admitted me to the hospital and in the ER, I was found to have a mild increase in a blood test called troponin which is a sign of a blockage. I was started on intravenous blood thinners immediately. An angiogram was done early morning and it was found out that my main bypass graft was blocked. I had a stent, and all my chest pain was immediately gone. She saved my life.
Ana Ball – Apr 26, 2022
Awesome cardiologist
Dr. Madala is awesome. She is very protective of her elderly patients and low immunity patients. She protects them from people who are not vaccinated. She allows only people who had the covid vaccine into the office, thus reducing the risk of infection to her vulnerable patients. Her staff are extremely caring and polite. Her office manager Stella is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Samuel – Apr 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
The initial appt was as if a 3 min timer was set and She rushed thru my appt with her. Though, the nurse was very pleasant. The following appt I was the first appt and only one in office along with tech and person behind counter. The tech made me wait, called me to come in thru the door, did not give his name, at which point I asked if he was doing the echo. Apparently, he was the only one that did them. I requested a female and he told me he couldn’t help to call the office later. First message on my phone I received, nurse said they could accommodate me at Good Sam where I could have them do the echo. Next call was from Dr Madala claiming she couldn’t guarantee a female tech at Good Sam and her tech Alex was with her 15 yes and well loved. I said it wasn’t personal I wanted a female. She told me she wasn’t a psychologist, she was a cardiologist, and I could find care with other Drs who have female techs. Though I hear she’s suppose to be good, I personally would not recommend her.
  • Appointment was rushed
Apr 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Hi, My name is Elizabeth and I saw the Dr. just last week. I first went to her in the year 2002 I believe because I had a physical and my heart ekg showed an irregular marking. My first meeting with her we just clicked automatically and I explained to her why I was there so she checked me. I remember the first two things she said to me. She said looking at me she noticed I had thyroid problems, and told me I had high blood-pressure and asked me why I not on medicine. Come to find out my heart was ok but she addressed the two other issues. I call with divine intervention because she basically saved my life. I trust her with my life!! Turns out now year 2021 I might have issues with my heart and we will soon find out so she can address it. I highly recommend her and I rate her a 5+ Stars. I look forward to her fixing me up.
Elizabeth Kessinger – Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
I have waited years to return to Dr Madala, she was my Cardiologist in 2009 after a Hemorrhagic Stroke. She was wonderful. Then an Insurance change occurred but recent I had a chance to change Insurance. Now I'm back and very happy. Dr Madala is caring, trusting, respectful and takes time with you. I'm happy!
C.A. Molica – Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
I'm a PA and a mom who was on a deadline to get cardiac clearance for my daughter before surgery. It was short notice. Stella answered the phone and was so gracious and kind and fit my daughter in. My daughter reported that Dr Madala spent a long time with her and was thorough and the the nicest doctor she had ever met. She even did an ultrasound on her right then because her tech was off that day. My daughter is a pre-nursing student and said the entire experience with every person in the office was warm and friendly, further inspiring her to continue her nursing career. Each member of the team went above and beyond and I couldn't be more grateful.
Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Consistently takes time with her patients, which is why she is almost always running late! Otherwise, she is outstanding at explaining and caring for her patients.
  • Long wait times
M. Fariss – Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Dr Madala took very good care of my grandfather when he was under her care. She was thorough and looked at him as a whole patient.
bueno – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
The best, most professional, caring, knowledgeable Dr. I have ever had. Patients are extremely fortunate to have her for their Medical care.
Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Dr. Durga Madala is the bomb! She has been my family cardiologist for many years. At 86 my mother had open heart surgery, and she is still going strong at 94. Dr. Madala has treated my husband, sisters, brother-in-laws, and myself. There is NO OTHER cardiologist I trust.
L Ferro-Mills – May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
She really cares about people. If she is your cardiologist, you are in good hands
Carolyn – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Four members of our family are patients (ages between nearly 100 to 40 ) of Dr. D. Madala for 10 years. Once we became her patients, the standard of care we received shot up. She was so much a cut above all the physicians we have encountered. Her medical knowledge, intelligence, caring spirit, unrelenting good memory, philosophy of care are incomparable. She is not afraid to order tests to pursue your symptoms for root causes or dosage determination-shows assertiveness and confidence. She is very up to date on the latest drugs and diagnostic procedures. She's impressive in that she treats you holistically integrating your entire condition to determine best treatment. She willingly seeks her colleagues' opinion when calls for, (absolutely no ego) in order to verify her own-eliminating our need to seek a second opinion-invaluable. We have full confidence in her medical care and the four of us today are proof of her care. We cannot recommend her highly enough.(My first ever doc review)
LH – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Dr. Mandala has a horrible bedside manner. She is authoritative and condescending. She disrespects elderly patients and does not allow them to bring an advocate with them to their doctor appointment. She does not partner with her patients in their healthcare decisions. She prescribes medications out of her scope (a cardiologist who prescribed a medication for male frequent urination). She blamed the patient for incomplete paperwork in which her office dropped the ball. She instructed an elder male patient that he can lose weight without any activity or exercise as long as he reduces his caloric intake to 1200 calories a day. Do not choose this physician.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Dec 08, 2019
Tr.Co ! I took care of your father for 10 yrs...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Dr. Madala is great! I told her about a problem I had with one of the hospitals and she said she was going to talk to them because that’s not ok. I’ve only seen her once and I love her already! She looks out for her paitients.??
Michellemaq in Gilroy – Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Dr. Madala is attentive, caring and highly knowledgeable. She is also incredibly well-read and so up to date--I know that I am receiving the highest quality of care when I see her.
Saratoga, CA – May 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Not up to date on latest literature Recommendation not in sync with standard of care
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
San Jose , CA – May 15, 2018
This is a fake review posted by a disgruntled...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
My Mother-in-law has been under Dr. Mandala's care ever since she had a stent put in, in the emergency room at Good Samaritan. She has shown genuine kindness and caring towards her taking interest in her whole wellbeing. Dr. Madala is very accessible, returning calls very promptly. Would recommend her in a heartbeat! (Pun intended!)
C.S. in Saratoga, CA – Jul 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?
Having a family history of heart disease, Dr. Madala ordered all the required tests and went through the results thoroughly. After my move to GA from bay area, she also recommended a cardiologist in the Greater Atlanta area.
Indira Dhore in Duluth , GA – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Durga Madala, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Madala?