Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD
Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Frisco, CO. He has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Abernethy is affiliated with St. Anthony Summit Medical Center.

Dr. Abernethy's Experience

See how Dr. Abernethy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abernethy

Dr. Abernethy accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Abernethy is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abernethy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abernethy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abernethy to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Abernethy's Performance
in Frisco, CO |
Dr. Abernethy takes time to understand the issues and is knowledgeable in his answers and explanations including drawing things out if need be. I appreciate that he takes a practical approach to his recommendations and prescribed coarse of action. He can speak to the difference in costs for various treatments. Thank you for not being in a hurry! Dolly Jo T.
So happy to hear that you had a good experience while in my care! One of my fundamental philosophies of care is to make sure that each patient fully understands their diagnosis, the available options, and the reason behind my recommended treatment plan. Makes for happier patients and better outcomes.
Dr. Abernethy is a very knowledgeable and competent physician. He answers all of my questions and takes the time necessary to address all of my concerns. He also explains things fully so that I understand. He doesn't order a lot of unnecessary tests, etc. He also promptly renews prescription requests and answers my questions via the Centura Health online system.
Thank you for the feedback. Making sure that patients fully understand my diagnosis and recommended course of treatment is one of the key philosophies of my practice. In fact, I enjoy explaining my clinical thought process and believe patients should be a part of the treatment development process.
in Frisco, CO |
He's nice enough until god forbid you ask a question or have a concern about his course of treatment. Also his office is incompetent and can't fill a prescription. I called several times and after several weeks they still hadn't filled the prescriptions creating a dangerous situation. Finally I just went to a new doctor. After I went to a new doctor his office cancelled my other scripts without telling me creating another dangerous situation. I wouldn't recommend Abernathy or his office at all.
It's important that patients understand why I recommend each test/treatment, so I always try to explain my rationale. Assessing the response to new treatments is critical, so my policy is to initially provide a 30-day supply w/out refills. Unfortunately if my staff is unable to reach the patient to gather feedback, I cannot refill prescriptions. Medications can have dangerous side effects or interactions, so it's imperative that one's current primary care provider manage one's treatment.
in Breckenridge, CO |
Incompetent, unethical, distrustful of patients. Avoid this doctor at all costs--- seek a respectful and experienced practitioner.
I practice evidence-based medicine consistent with the latest standards of care. I always explain why I suggest a specific course of action. And I take the ethical practice of medicine very seriously. The US has a high rate of prescription drug misuse and it can be difficult to discern legitimate use from abuse. Therefore, we have created policies that can lead patients to feel untrusted. I emphasize safe, effective treatment options that do not promote dependency.
Have you seen Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD?

Compare Dr. Abernethy

Dr. Abernethy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

University of South Alabama / College of Medicine

Completed in 2013

Vanderbilt University

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Abernethy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abernethy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics