Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD

Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD

Pediatrics  ·
Dr. Durant Abernethy, MD is a pediatrics specialist in Frisco, CO and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from University of Kansas / School of Medicine in 2009 and specializes in pediatrics.Read his story

360 Peak One Drive

Frisco, CO 80443

• Planned Administration Inc

Learn about Dr. Abernethy

Dr. Abernethy's Experience

Dr. Abernethy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Abernethy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abernethy "I practice Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at CHPG High Country Healthcare in Frisco. I have dual academic and hospital-based training in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Internists are best recognized as "specialists for adults" and pediatricians as "specialists for children." My dual-training in these two disciplines enables me to provide a full complement of services from general primary care to prevention, diagnosis, and compassionate care for the entire spectrum of disease from temporary illness (flu, rashes, aches and pains) to complex chronic conditions (asthma, diabetes, arthritis and more) throughout a patient's lifespan. This is especially useful for chronic diseases that start in childhood, but persist through one's adult life."

This content was provided by Dr. Abernethy "Overall, my care philosophy is one of self-empowerment. We can become very effective self-health managers, empowered to make good decisions for the benefit of ourselves and our family."

• Pediatrics

• Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Vanderbilt University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • University of South Alabama / College of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University of South Alabama / College of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Abernethy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abernethy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abernethy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abernethy's Reviews

3.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abernethy to family and friends

Dr. Abernethy's Performance

GOOD

GOOD

You have no idea how great it is to finally find a doctor that doesn’t make you feel crazy for having a list of crazy symptoms, just helps to find answers... Dr. Abernethy is fantastic... I’ve never felt more comfortable with another doctor, and I’ve never trusted a doctor as much as I trust this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Abernethy actually listens to what I have to say before he starts to talk.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

This is the key to the successful patient experience. When my patients feel heard, it's easy for us to come up with a successful treatment plan together.

Dr. Abernethy takes time to understand the issues and is knowledgeable in his answers and explanations including drawing things out if need be. I appreciate that he takes a practical approach to his recommendations and prescribed coarse of action. He can speak to the difference in costs for various...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

So happy to hear that you had a good experience while in my care! One of my fundamental philosophies of care is to make sure that each patient fully understands their diagnosis, the available options, and the reason behind my recommended treatment plan. Makes for happier patients and better outcomes.

Dr. Abernethy is a very knowledgeable and competent physician. He answers all of my questions and takes the time necessary to address all of my concerns. He also explains things fully so that I understand. He doesn't order a lot of unnecessary tests, etc. He also promptly renews prescription...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for the feedback. Making sure that patients fully understand my diagnosis and recommended course of treatment is one of the key philosophies of my practice. In fact, I enjoy explaining my clinical thought process and believe patients should be a part of the treatment development process.

He's nice enough until god forbid you ask a question or have a concern about his course of treatment. Also his office is incompetent and can't fill a prescription. I called several times and after several weeks they still hadn't filled the prescriptions creating a dangerous situation. Finally I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

It's important that patients understand why I recommend each test/treatment, so I always try to explain my rationale. Assessing the response to new treatments is critical, so my policy is to initially provide a 30-day supply w/out refills. Unfortunately if my staff is unable to reach the patient to gather feedback, I cannot refill prescriptions. Medications can have dangerous side effects or interactions, so it's imperative that one's current primary care provider manage one's treatment.