Dr. Duncan McBride, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. McBride

UCLA Spine Center

1131 Wilshire Blvd Ste 100 Santa Monica, CA 90401

Dr. Duncan McBride, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1981 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. McBride accepts

Dr. McBride accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. McBride's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McBride's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair

Dr. McBride performs Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair more than 98% of his peers

Dr. McBride performs this procedure more than 98% of his peers

Myelopathy

Dr. McBride treats Myelopathy more than 90% of his peers

Dr. McBride treats this condition more than 90% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

4.2

Dr. McBride?
Dr. McBride's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Duncan McBride, MD
Dr. McBride was the only neurosurgeon of 4 that I consulted with for a serious neck injury that required surgery, that gave me & my spouse the immediate impression he was the most confident, experienced & clear cut in his plan to help me correct a C/S deformity I acquired from a May 2018 injury. I bruised my spinal cord & was losing my ability to walk & use my arms & hands normally. Since surgery I've regained my normal walk & my arms & hands are improving everyday. Thank you so much Dr. M.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Since I’m limited to the space to express my gratitude to Dr Mcbdide . In short I would say I have been suffering from lower back pain for more than 20 years. I’m glade I visited him and I’m glad I sought his help and his expertise in this matter. His friendliness and his sence of humor gave him an even greater charm to his character. Dr McBride with is intervention changed my life for the best. I feel a better person now after two moths from post operation . I can not thank him enough Driss D.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride saved my career and my limb function. My spinal cord compression was not straight forward and 4 surgeons had different opinions. I am a doctor myself and sought many different medical consults and researched my condition the best I could. Dr. McBride and his support staff performed the most thorough exams, spent the most time explaining their findings and the possible solutions to my problem. I was nervous making a decision and he helped me feel more comfortable. Now I am healing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
62 year male fusion S-1, L4 and L5 fusion among some other clean up procedures. Was debilitated walking even 50 yards i would have to stop until pain subsided. Mostly in the right leg Right leg was starting to atrophy. 8 weeks post surgery I have absolutely no pain. Felt like a miracle the change was so drastic. Can walk any distance now. One of the few docs that will actually listen and take all the time you need. Surgery was a breeze. Definitely a doc to solve your problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Duncan McBride made all kinds of mistakes during my surgery but he prevented me from getting my medical records so that I did not find out about all of the errors until after it was too late to do anything about it. This man is sleazy and so is all of UCLA Health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride is a wonderful surgeon with a friendly attitude, I am 34 years old and was in a lot of pain and very nervous, about having neurosurgery. He came over to the pre-opp room and made me laugh and really eased my fears. He is extremely talented and knowledge, he new right away the procedure I needed. He responds personally to an email or a phone call and he didi a great close, the scar is minimal and he was able to remove my pain. I highly recommend him and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr, McBride saved my life. I had a double disc replacement in my neck and 5 weeks later I'm good to go. I was in tremendous pain and I was referred to him by a friend. He suggested a disc replacement when the first awful doctor I saw suggested a fusion. He helped with insurance and his office staff is the best. UCLA is the best experience medically I've ever had. Don't waste your time with other doctors.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Not only is Dr. McBride a superb surgeon with an excellent bedside manner, but he is also a champion for patients battling their own insurance companies for coverage. Dr. McBride took the time to talk to my insurance company's doctor to try and get an important procedure covered. That is beyond expectation and reflects Dr. McBride's commitment to his patients and to healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
I had lumbar surgery by an Orthopedic surgeon in Bakersfield who damaged my sympathetic nerve during surgery. The surgeon told me that the pain that I was experiencing was normal. Four months went by and the pain kept getting worse (debilitating). So, I went to see Dr McBride who after just two visits was able to diagnose my condition as CRPS Complex regional pain syndrome caused by a damaged nerve. He recommended doing a spinal cord stimulator and it worked wonderfully. Took away 85% of my pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride is AMAZING! Not only is he down to earth, easy to talk to, answers questions, explains your condition and treatment in detail, but he also genuinely cares about his patients. I came into his office in a walker. Only 3 months, after a very big surgery(Anterior and posterior spinal fusion, laminotomy, discectomy/disc replacement, bilateral formininotomy, and shaving around my spine. Along with a lot of hardware placed) I walked into my appointment without any help. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Doctor McBride is very accomplished, down to earth and easy to talk to. He is a very good Dr.,answers questions and explains treatment and prognosis. I had no problems with my procedure and as promised, I had a very quick recovery (four weeks) with an excellent outcome (no pain). I traveled 200 miles to see him and would do it again in a heartbeat. His Nursing and office staff Is attentive, kind, and professional (especially Valentine and Camille .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
I experienced a herniation of my C6/7 cervical disk. He examined me and explained all aspects of the problem as well as the options that I had. His information was understandable and delivered in a caring way. Dr. McBride answered all my question in detail that is when I recognized his extensive experience and competence. He performed an extensive surgery requiring special skill and experience with confidence and a perfect outcome. My pain is gone, my right arm is functional again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
I had tried everything for my back to avoid surgery. After 20 years of pain, I was finally introduced to the one and only Dr. Duncan McBride. Great Bed side manner and very professional. After going to several doctors, Dr. McBride had all the answers. His staff is very good at getting back to you with any questions you should have. The hospital stay was A1, from the very attentive staff to how clean everything was, I was very comfortable with the whole procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride was one of three surgeons I interviewed before making the decision to have my second cervical spine surgery. I knew immediately he was the surgeon for me. His calm demeanor and apparent expertise put me at ease from the start. Questions that arose between scheduling and surgery were answered in detail by a very quick callback. To this day I am amazed at my lack of pain after this surgery. No more pain down my left arm or neck and no more daily discogenic headaches.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Performed a C5-6 discectomy/fusion June 2016. 4 months later, still rebuilding the muscle in right arm with numbness but back to full activity with zero pain. Dr. McBride is very down to earth, clearly explained what was causing the issue, the fix, and was honest saying the nerve could be severely damaged and it may not help or ever feel the same. Based on my outcome, I have complete trust in Dr. McBride’s knowledge and skills and will be my first call if another procedure is ever needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride is an excellent surgeon. I whole-heartedly recommend him. He just did surgery on me two days ago and the whole experience was wonderful. He and the staff at UCLA-Santa Monica could not have been more caring and professional. Dr. McBride always answered all my questions, was easily accessible, and his skills are unquestionable. He was top-notch in every phase of this journey. I feel fortunate to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride's diagnosis and treatment were right on the money. Yes, I have spent too much time waiting, but it is worth it as he spends a lot of time with me going over procedures and making me feel comfortable with him as a surgeon. I wouldn't want him to rush with me, so I am willing to let him spend time with other patients as needed. He fixed something that was hard to diagnose and killed the pain that had me afraid to move. I LOVE Dr. McBride. He's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
Dr. McBride is such as amazing Doctor! I went to a doctor before seeing Dr. McBride about a painful bulged disk in my neck. That Doctor wanted to fuse my disks together. I got my second opinion from Dr. McBride and he was able to do a less evasive surgery that wouldn't need my disks to be fused.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
I hurt my back over ten years ago, and have needed multiple back surgeries. Anyone who's had back trouble knows how difficult pinpointing the problem can be AND how difficult finding the right approach for your situation can be. I was so happy to find Dr. McBride. He is a no nonsense doctor that looks at your case as a whole to find out what would work best for you. He speaks to you in plain English and lets you know what you can expect. I have great admiration for him as a doctor and person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Duncan McBride, MD?
I was experiencing severe arm and neck pain due to a herniated disc. Epidurals, acupuncture, physical therapy were not effective. I saw Dr McBride after suffering pain for 7 months. He mentioned 3 surgery options but elected to do the least invasive which would result in a faster recovery. Others suggested doing a more complicated fusion. I had the surgery going thru the neck. My arm and neck pain disappeared completely in 4 weeks. My sore throat disappeared after 2 days. Thanks Dr McBride!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. McBride?