Dr. Duncan McBride, MD

Dr. Duncan McBride, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

UCLA Spine Center 1131 Wilshire Blvd Ste 100, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. McBride specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Santa Monica, CA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. McBride? Add your own statement here.

Dr. McBride's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. McBride's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McBride

Dr. McBride accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. McBride has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. McBride

Dr. McBride's Review Details
4 based on 52 responses
Experience with Dr. McBride
Dr. McBride's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (50)
in Rosamond, CA |
Dr. McBride is such as amazing Doctor! I went to a doctor before seeing Dr. McBride about a painful bulged disk in my neck. That Doctor wanted to fuse my disks together. I got my second opinion from Dr. McBride and he was able to do a less evasive surgery that wouldn't need my disks to be fused.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I hurt my back over ten years ago, and have needed multiple back surgeries. Anyone who's had back trouble knows how difficult pinpointing the problem can be AND how difficult finding the right approach for your situation can be. I was so happy to find Dr. McBride. He is a no nonsense doctor that looks at your case as a whole to find out what would work best for you. He speaks to you in plain English and lets you know what you can expect. I have great admiration for him as a doctor and person.
in Bakersfield California |
I was experiencing severe arm and neck pain due to a herniated disc. Epidurals, acupuncture, physical therapy were not effective. I saw Dr McBride after suffering pain for 7 months. He mentioned 3 surgery options but elected to do the least invasive which would result in a faster recovery. Others suggested doing a more complicated fusion. I had the surgery going thru the neck. My arm and neck pain disappeared completely in 4 weeks. My sore throat disappeared after 2 days. Thanks Dr McBride!!
in Grand Terrace, CA |
Dr. McBride has been a Godsend! I have been suffering for over 40 years. I had shrunk over 4 in height. I was now in a wheelchair unable to stand or walk any length of time and had balance issues. I am 6 weeks post op! No use for the wheelchair. I'm going to have my life back. He was wonderful, caring, did it all in one surgery not 2 like others said. Shorter recovery. He explained everything, caring, a listener. He made rounds 2 times a day! Who does that anymore! I am a new woman/ so thankful
in Oxnard, CA |
I was referred to Dr. McBride after being told my thoracic spinal surgery was too risky for our local facilities. Dr. McBride was direct and honest about the risks I was facing. I was scared. He discussed my case with his spinal team, which I found reassuring. Having been a Registered Nurse for many years, I instinctively felt I was in the hands of a competent surgeon and an excellent problem solver. Luckily, my surgery was a success. So grateful to Dr. McBride and his team.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. McBride was so wonderful to me and my family. He answered all my questions and was never rushed when talking to me. He put me at ease and was very helpful. I would recommend him to anyone that needed an excellent, qualified surgeon. The surgery was successful and I was able to continue with work after the recovery process.
in Keeler, CA |
The whole process of evaluation, recommendations, timing, the operation, recovery etc. was perfect. I felt confident that my particular problem had been seen and understood by the Surgeon; Duncan Q. McBride MD. The results were better than expected as confirmed by the post-op.
in Santa Monica, CA |
Good, professional, most importantly got the job done!
in Santa Monica, CA |
Dr McBride performed surgery on my neck and is a godsend. I suffered with daily severe neck and shoulder pain for 2 years. 9 weeks after surgery I am pain free and on a rapid road to full recovery. A friend, who also had spine surgery performed by Dr. McBride, recommended him and I am RECOMMENDING him to anyone with a spinal or neck problem. He explained things in words I could understand, listened, collaborated with me on a treatment plan and of course, he is an EXCELLENT surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. McBride?
Are you Dr. McBride? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for California.

Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1981

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
    Nyu/Bellevue

Dr. McBride has no media or publications listed.

• Danish
  • Swedish

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. McBride does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McBride and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. McBride's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. McBride

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. McBride's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. McBride

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients