Dr. Duarte Machado, MD

Practices Neurology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 25 reviews.
Author:
Very likely. Ihave recommended him to an acquaintance
Author:
Dr. Machado cared about what I was going through and it showed immensely. With compassion he took time with me to listen, evaluate and figure out a plan. I left feeling like I had a new start on treatment for my tremors with confidence going forward. His staff was also phenomenal and there wasn't a question they would not help you get an answer to. Thank you all.
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr. Machado.
Author:
We see Dr. Machado in the Cheshire office. The wait time can be more than 30 minutes. But the trade off is that when he is with you , you are all he's focused on. He answers questions, cares about how my husband is doing, makes consultations for my husband when he sees new areas of concern. He spends time with you, doesn't rush through the visit. His observations of the progression of my husbands condition have been spot on. We have followed him from when he worked at Yale. He is worth the wait.
Never calls back
Author:
My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease about 5 yrs. ago. Dr. Machado's knowledge and empathy with his movement disorder is making a positive difference in my husband's emotional and physical well-being. Dr. M. has provided sound and practical advice. He truly LISTENS to you.
Author:
Dr Machado is awesome. He shows care and patience always easy to talk to I would highly recommend him.
Author:
We had a similar bad experience with this man. Ordered tests , changed medications that the patient had been on for years and never called back or returned seven phone calls left at office. If it is urgent, see someone else.
Hi, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience so we may further assist you in working toward a resolution. Our email address is MedicalGroupExperience@hhchealth.org. Thanks, Lynn T.
Author:
Dr Machado correctly diagnosed my hydroencepoly after I was incorrectly diagnosed by a different neurologist as having diabetic neuropathy for which nothing could be done After surgery by Dr Senatis I was able to walk unassisted and stopped urinary incontinence! Thank God my wife located Dr Machado! My family will always be grateful for Dr Machados accurate diagnosis! BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!
Hi Joseph: Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Dr. Machado. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thank you again for leaving us this response! Lynn
Author:
Dr. Machado has great bedside manner and clearly knows his stuff. However, he promises follow ups and agrees to order tests that his incredibly sick patients require to get the medicine they need to have any quality of life, but he fails to follow up or order those tests. He does not call patients back for weeks at a time, ignoring their messages. That has resulted in life threatening outcomes for his patients, which is absolutely deplorable.
Author:
Office staff is great and Dr. Machado is very pleasant and knowledgeable pertaining the disease state. I would recommend this office
Author:
He was excellent in all aspects of my visit
Author:
Dr. Machado has been my neurologist since October 2015. I have a rare neurological, muscle/movement disorder and he is specialized in knowing about it, Stiff Person Syndrome. I travel from Maine and pay out of pocket to see him as he is an amazing doctor and person. He is caring, compassionate, passionate about his patients and what he can do to help them. I would recommend him and have, to anyone. He is helping raise awareness for this 1 in a million syndrome with me and is an amazing man!