Dr. Douglass Forsha, MD

Dr. Douglass Forsha, MD

Dermatology  |
Born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska he is a midwest native. He attended the University of Utah and Brigham Young University, earning a B.A degree in Asian Studies in 1979. He then attended Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, obtaining the degree Doctor of Medicine in May 1985. He continued at Vanderbilt to complete a one year internship in internal Medicine. Dr. Forsha completed a residency in Dermatology at the University of Illinois Collage of Medicine in Chicago in June 1989. In July 1991 Dr. Forsha founded South Valley Dermatology, a center of excellence in the field of dermatology in West Jordan, Utah. During his 19 years he honed his skills of medical , surgical, cosmetic and research dermatology. In 2016, he joined SkinGym Dermatology in West Des Moines, Iowa bringing his skills and experience back to the Midwest. He currently shares his time at both clinics traveling between his two offices.

9350 University Ave Ste 132

West Des Moines, IA 50266

• Delta Health System
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Forsha

See how frequently Dr. Forsha performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Scabies
Rash

Dr. Forsha's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Forsha "Perhaps dermatologists don't emerge from the ER or the OR with blood-soaked gowns calming to have saved yet another life, but we do save lives in the area of skin cancer and prevention.  Much of my work has to do with the quality of ones life.  What child would choose to suffer from itching and scratching cycle of eczema if they had another option?  What teenager would want to tolerate even one day of acne on the face and neck?  The list goes on.  My field is tremendously rewarding and I enjoy seeing our patients every day.  I believe that quality of care goes beyond the diagnosis.  It starts with the first phone call, to their first visit and the time I spend with each of our patients.  I am dedicated to building long lasting relationships with my patients and their families.  I sit down and take the time to evaluate and then determine the right treatment plan.  My practice is built around convienence and why I offer evening and weekend care in my Des Moines location. "

• Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Medicine

Dr. Forsha does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Microdermabrasion
  • Non-Ablative Laser Skin Rejuvenation
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Vanderbilt University Med Center

Dr. Forsha has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Forsha has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Forsha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Forsha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Forsha's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Forsha to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Forsha's Performance
in Waukee, Iowa |
So kind and really took the time to get to the bottom of my skin condition. Dr. Forsha and the entire staff was so friendly and really made me feel comfortable. The office is gorgeous!!! So bright and welcoming. I would highly recommend him and his other professionals to anyone! So nice to have a doctor that actually took the time. Don't see that much these days but Dr. Forsha did. Very much appreciated and felt well taken care of.
in Des Moines, IA |
Love Dr. Forsha and the staff at SkinGym Dermatology & Medspa. He is friendly, didn't take long to get in and I was able to be seen on a weekend. Yes that is correct. I was seen on a weekend. The doctor treated me for an allergic reaction to the sun which two other local derms in Des Moines misdiagnosed me for. Dr. Forsha took the time to talk to me about my itchy skin and then properly diagnosed me. I was recommended an Rx that cleared it up in just a few days ! Love him.
in Urbandale, IA |
Fantastic. Very nice and took the time to answer all my questions. Removed my mole and left no scars. Love him.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
My family has been seeing Dr. Forsha for almost 20 years. We all have been happy with our care with the physician staff. Medical Assistants are always very nice.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Hardly even looked at my sons skin. Asked if he could do a skin sample and my child ended up with stitches. I specifically asked if the skin sample would include having psoriasis looked at as a diagnosis. He said he would and never did. Didn't tell us to keep stitches wet, so it scabbed over and they had to DIG the stitches out of my 8 year old. Then, the bill got sent out of network and I received a bill for $2300 to find out they ONLY looked for one thing, and not what I asked him to look for
in Murray |
I was very unimpressed with my service here. It hurt like hell when the only male nurse drew my blood. He had to poke me 5 times and refused to get someone with more experience to help him out. The doctor came in and cut me up for things that later I learned I didn't need done. When I got the bill later I found out the things that he didn't need to do but did were not covered by my insurance. I had a massive bill. I will never go back
in West Jordan utah |
Staff was inconsiderate. Wait time horrible. Drs don't know what they are doing. Be warned they are horrible
in West Jordan, UT |
I was there twice during the past twelve months with a different condition each time. The service received was very professional. Positive results were distinctly noticeable within 24 hours, and only one visit was required for each condition. I recommend Dr. Forsha without any reservations.
Have you seen Dr. Douglass Forsha, MD?
Are you Dr. Forsha?

Visit Dr. Forsha

Dr. Forsha accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Delta Health System
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico