Dr. Douglas Widener, MD

Dr. Douglas Widener, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Douglas Widener, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Canton, GA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med in 2008 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

1495 Hickory Flat Hwy Ste 200

Canton, GA 30115

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Widener

See how frequently Dr. Widener performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Disorders
Joint Pain

Dr. Widener's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Widener's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Widener "I am a native Georgian and a Veteran of the US Army, having served 9 years as the staff orthopaedic surgeon across the country and overseas.As a former high school and collegiate athlete, I have a passion for treating sports and musculoskeletal injuries. I believe in a team based approach: you, me, and other specialists, such as a physical therapist, all working together for your well being. I enjoy helping patients return to full activity. As your Orthopaedic Surgeon, I am dedicated to helping you with your bone and joint disorders. By listening to you, I will help you develop a plan of care using state of the art medical treatments. Whatever your ailment may be, I am committed to working with you to formulate a diagnosis and develop the best treatment plan that gets you back to your active lifestyle.The surgeon who delivers your healthcare is your choice. My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing us to help you with your orthopaedic needs. Please feel free to call upon us while you are in our care. We are here for you on your journey to a full recovery every step of the way."

This content was provided by Dr. Widener "Our mission is to provide excellent, patient-focused and comprehensive musculoskeletal care to the Atlanta community and surrounding areas."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Fracture
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Widener has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Widener does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Widener and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Widener's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Widener to family and friends

Dr. Widener's Performance

I highly recommend Dr. Widener! I will be sending my children to him if needed! He was patient, polite and took a genuine interest in my condition. He’s very knowledgeable and explained clearly so a non doctor can understand. He’s given the best care I’ve experienced in a long time. He genuinely...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Good day and thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We will be sure to share your kind words with Dr. Widener!

The night before I was going out of town, my knee popped. After getting little sleep that night due to the pain, I called Resurgens. The staff worked with me to get an appointment that day and Dr. Widener took great care of me. I highly recommend Dr. Widener!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Good day and thank you for sharing your experience! We will be sure to share your kinds words with Dr. Widener!

I recently had surgery on my wrist & elbow and Dr. Widener was very professional and showed a personal interest in myself as a patient. He has exceptional references for his profession and has a aura of trust that you feel when he walks into the room. His mild manor and soft tone of speech...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Hi Wanda and thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled Dr. Widener was able to help you and we will be sure to let him know about your kind comments!

Great Surgeon. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Hi Daivd and thank you for your comment! We truly appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share your kind words with Dr. Widener.

Great bedside care, very friendly and explained what was wrong with my shoulder and how to fix it. He did an amazing job with my shoulder replacement and I have never felt better!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Good day and thank you for your comment! We truly appreciate the feedback and will be sure to share your kind words with Dr. Widener.