Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 84

Dr. Welpton

Clearwater, FL

316 JASMINE WAY Clearwater, FL 33756

Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Clearwater, FL and has over 59 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Harvard Medical School medical school in 1961. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Welpton to book an appointment.

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Welpton with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at Largo Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Largo Medical Center today at (727) 258-5186.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Largo Medical Center.

Dr. Welpton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Welpton

Dr. Welpton?
I have been a patient of Dr. Welpton for about four years now and I can't thank him enough for what he's done for me, my career, and his guidance over the years. He truly goes above and beyond to get to know me not only as another patient but as a person too. He's like another family member who cheers with you after an accomplishment and lifts you up when it's a less favorable situation, without the repercussions. The way he listens and responds in a non-judgmental way, and the consistency of both, are unparalleled. A+ psychiatrist, professional, family man, and teammate. Dr. Welpton is the man! The relaxing instrumental music upon entering his home office/waiting area, little to no waiting after arrival, and his cozy office setting are icing on the cake.
Joel – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I have been seeing dr. Welpton for years and am just amazed what he can do for me that other doctors have never been able to. He really listens to what you have to say and cares and his book has helped me in my personal life as well as my husband's. He is also one of the most proficient doctors I have ever seen and I would recommend him highly to anybody. He has made miraculous changes in my life and I thank him for that. He is the best!
D. Roberts in FL – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Dr Doug is the man! I was in a complete mental breakdown, he got me on the wait list and in fairly quickly. He really is about understanding the issues and not only treating the systems. His book is incredible in explaining how thoughts and feelings are created and how to alter your mindset to a positive state. I can't thank him enough.
Laura – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I have bn under the care of some type of therapists, counselors and psychologists since I was the age of 6 and out of the 31 yrs. I have had 1! That I liked until I met Doc! He insistly fills the room up with q strong energy that makes you feel comfortable! When I sat down with him, he saw me for who I am and that's not easy to do. Yes, I'm extremely outspoken to a fault soninfelt as if I said something that offended him but then he says to me, "I like you, you say what's on ur mind! I'm lucky
Brittany Dae Barnes in St. Petersburg , FL – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Dr Doug Welpton is the most respectful, knowledgeable Drs I have ever seen. I have been in the medical field for over 25+years and he is hands down the best Dr in his field of practice. He is patient, kind, understanding, and truly wants to help people. He is not in practice for money as his compassion and listening skills and expert advice are beyond anything I have ever seen. He has helped me get back on my feet and was genuinely concerned.. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Doug Welpton to anyone!!
Michelle in St Petersburg, FL – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
What a wonderful Doctor. Dr. Welpton is not only a great listener he also truly cares, which means a lot. He takes the time to give genuine yet educated therapy that comes from his vast experiences and knowledge. Loved reading his book as well. Highly recommended!
Maya in Belleair, FL – Aug 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Dr. Welpton is a Great Psychiatrist! If only the other Dr's I've had cared w/ his type of passion. I was so grateful to find him! I was looking just as you are, trying to find a really good Dr. One that is caring, compassionate, professional, & highly educated w/ a plethora of experience. One who takes the time. He's kind of a Therapist /Psychiatrist which helps a lot. It was 9mo. ago I was in very bad shape from my previous Dr, & now I'm doing, & feel really good. Thank you so much Dr. Welpton
Joe H. – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Welpton for almost a year now and I promise and assure you that Dr. Welpton is the best at what he does and I know there's no one better. I have really come a long way with the help and treatment I've received through him! My life is actually normal again, and for myself to be able to say "My Life Is Normal Again", is a tremendously amazing part of my life that I truly needed back, and I owe it all to Dr. Welpton! I can't thank you enough for changing my life!!!!
Anya M. in Tarpon Springs – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Best doctor ever he’s so patient really and truly
Olivia in Clearwater Florida – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Dr. Welpton is a model professional and a gift to his profession and his clients. He is intelligent, educated, kind, thoughtful, thorough, focused, authentic and genuinely present in all of his interactions. Dr. Welpton is especially gifted in cognitive behavioral therapy, holistic therapy practices and Gestalt therapy. He has the skills to guide clients towards enhanced clarification and interpretation of their surroundings so they may live a better quality of life. Thank you, Dr. Welpton.
Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I recently moved to Fl from the NY/NJ area. I believe it is vital to be fit: Mind-Body-Soul! That is why I have seen the most renown Psychiatrist’s in my life. Dr. Welpton is kind, honest, and trustworthy. He has a calming temperament and asks the right questions at the right times. He is an intelligent man who actively listens before giving advise. Lastly, Dr. Welpton is resourceful, clear, and inspirational!
Jan 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Easy to get an appointment Very warm, caring, experienced and knowledgeable. I've been seeing him for almost 2 years now and I've made huge personal breakthroughs with his help. I've read his book twice. He's a rare find. He clearly doesn't need to work but does it because helping others is his passion. Jeffrey Smith, Founder TheAttitudeOfGratitude.com
Jeffrey Smith in Largo, FL – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
No question--he's the best I've ever been to. He literally saved my relationship. Can't recommend him enough for any issues. He has a gift of getting right to the heart of the issue in the kindest & most loving way.
Tampa, FL – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Nice man but totally ineffective, I have spent all that money for nothing!
Clearwater, FL – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Dr. Welpton is an amazing Doctor, he is professional yet gives me the feeling that he understands me. He has never judged me, made me feel bad about myself . I'm probably considered a newer patient, but in the five month period he has helped me so much I know my journey will be a long one but as long as I have dr.welpton I know I am in good hands. If I had not meet him I have no clue were I would be.
Ahar in Clearwater,fl – Jan 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I have been through MANY different psychiatric institutions starting at age 6, and have had COUNTLESS different psychiatrists, none of which have touched my life, helped me change my life for the bettter, and properly diagnosed me as Dr. Doug has. Dr. Doug listened to me and did not judge me by my past history or actions. He simply listened without passing judgement and evaluated me in my current state and made a proper diagnosis and prescribed the proper medication I needed to gain stability.
Teresa W in Largo, FL – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I moved here from Texas in 2015 and researched doctors before I got to Florida. Dr. Welptons' name came up with great reviews. I started seeing him and they are very correct. He is great, he combines psychiatry with counseling to get the whole picture of what your dealing with. That is rare. He has been honest and encouraging. My issue is that does not take insurance or credit/debit cards. But there is an atm down the street from his office, he is worth it.
Lisa W. in Tampa, FL – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
I was so scared that this was going to be just another Dr. BOY was I wrong!! My experience with Dr. Welpton was more than I could have ever expected or hoped for...He was very understanding and completely professional. He greeted me with a nice firm hand shake which for me says a lot! I was nervous at first but he made me feel extremely comfortable I was shocked at how much he truly takes pride in his work, at NO time did he make me feel like I was just another Patient He is wonderful!
Chelsea in Clearwater, FL – Mar 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
Before I met Dr.Welpton I had so many things going on. I couldn't concentrate and I also never rembered what I was going to do next. I've also gone through a lot of painful experiences and never spoke about them until I met Dr.Welpton.I'm finally getting there taking my medication as directed and my life in the past three almost four months have better a little brighter by the day. It's going to take time you don't change over night and the scars will always remain!
Nicole Breault in St. Petersburg – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?
The most caring, genuine, empathetic soul you will ever encounter, Dr. Doug Welpton does not preach at you, but rather, teaches you the tools you need to govern your own behavior and make you responsible for your own happiness. He has healed so many aspects of my life that my appointments with him have become necessary as opposed to an option. In 30+ years of counseling, I have never felt so cared for, respected and strengthened. Highly recommended by both myself and my husband.
Cher Tushiah in Hudson, FL – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Welpton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Welpton?

My approach combines medical science, psychiatry, empathy, and spiritual understanding to help people improve their lives, their health, and their relationships. I help my patients overcome their emotional and psychological problems to fulfill themselves through good self-care combined with caring for others.

• Psychiatry

Harvard Medical School
1957
Stanford University

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Welpton communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Welpton offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Welpton offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Welpton have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Welpton offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Welpton offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (727) 442-9098