Dr. Douglas J. Sprung, MD

Dr. Douglas J. Sprung, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

The Gastroenterology Group 205 Loraine Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Sprung's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Sprung's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sprung

Dr. Sprung accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sprung has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Sprung

Dr. Sprung's Review Details
4.8 based on 225 responses
Experience with Dr. Sprung
Dr. Sprung's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (213)
in Mount Dora, Fl |
Staff and Doctor Sprung treat you like a human and are very personable! You don't find this kind of service very often. Dr. Sprung spent more time with me and wanted to understand my issues. At no time was he in a hurry to rush off and knock out another "number". I believe Dr. Sprung and his group focus on Quality Not Quantity! Thank You Dr. Sprung & Staff!
in Oviedo, FL |
Very thorough Doctor with excellent bedside manners
in Winter FL, |
. condition , pleased .
in Orlando, FL |
With out a second thought, I can truly say this is BY FAR the BEST doctor I have ever come in contact with. My husband an I both walked out in awe at his kindness, and just willingness to listen and help. He truly is just a good man. We are very happy we went here. Cant say enough positive about him and his whole office staff. and Rebekah was so sweet and kind. LOVE this office! <3
in Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Sprung is attentive, soft spoken, caring and very polite. His staff is equally good too.WIsh all my other doctors were this good.
in Longwood, FL |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Sprung and his staff. From start to finish, I completely understood what was going to happen during my procedure (colonoscopy) and for anyone who has heard horror stories about the prep- Dr. Sprung's prep was more than tolerable and makes me wonder why other doctor's put their patients through so much.
St Cloud, FL |
My husband has beeen seeing Dr. Sprung for 20 years. Now that it is my turn, I would trust no other.
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr. Sprung is a great doctor. I had just about given up on Gastro Doctors. On my way to my appt I told my husband let go back home cause they're all alike and he said no let see what he's about am so glad I went to him. My other doctors was all about the insurance money didn't give a hoot about you He helped me with my problem with just 2 visits after suffering for such a very long time He takes his time with you he listens he's very knowledgeable doesn't rush you I strongly recommend him
in Kissimmee, FL |
Excellent service and very easy to talk to
in Casselberry, FL. |
Dr. Sprung and his staff are a highly competent group. Professional in every and yet friendly and caring.
in Orlando, FL |
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Sprung based on the recommendations of other patients on this website. I had a very similar, excellent experience at my appointment today. Dr. Sprung is kind and patient. He is a good listener and problem-solver. I felt that he was genuinely interested in helping me feel better. I like the game plan we created today to help resolve my issue. I highly recommend Dr. Sprung! Thank you Dr. Sprung! P.S. The office staff was very pleasant and courteous as well!
in Kissimmee, FL |
Dr Sprung is a very caring doctor. He makes me feel very comfortable and answers all my questions. He saved my life. Thank You.
Lake Mary, FL |
Dr Sprung was a wonderful, breath of fresh air! He allowed me to ask questions and took time to explain to me my condition. Very unlike my previous Gastro Dr. His office staff was very pleasant and accommodating as well. You got the feeling that everyone actually cared!
in Winter Park, FL |
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Sprung for many years. He is intelligent, explains problems and treatments carefully, is knowledgeable, clear, thorough and kind. When Dr. Sprung was going to do a procedure for me in the hospital, the nurses and aides made a point of telling me how much they respected him as a physician and as a person. My husband and I have great confidence in Dr. Sprung and his judgement. The staff has been helpful and courteous, consistently.
in Orlando Fl |
Clear advise with warmth and obvious care
in Orlando, FL |
The staff and the nurses are friendly and courteous. The Doctor was friendly and explained the procedures that he is going to do in plain easy English so I can understand .
in Casselberry, FL |
I see Dr. Sprung every 6 months and he has a caring staff and he makes you feel that he has your best health as his priority. He is easy to talk to and listens very carefully to all your concerns. I have been going to Dr. Spring for a numbers of years and would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Apopka, FL |
Dr. Sprung is easy to talk with and compassionate in the care and treatment of his patients. I more than highly recommend him to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist. Staff is always friendly and professional
in Tavares, FL |
I heard that he would find out the problem I was having. He was very nice, easy to talk to and finding out the the problem. I am so happy that he was recommended. Yea I Love Him.
in Casselberry, Fl |
Dr. Sprung, has been taking care of me for over 15 years. I have a very complicated medical history & he has great knowledge,as well as a great bedside manner. He diagnosed & treated me when other physicians could not find the problem. I highly recommend him for any gi problems you may have.
in Altamonte Springs |
Dr.Sprung is a wonderful doctor. He takes the time to speak with you calmly and he's very thorough. We felt very comfortable speaking with him and we believe that he really cares about his patients. His staff is AWESOME! Thank you Dr. Sprung & Staff H.Suttisarn L.Suttisarn
in Apopka, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Sprung because he is an excellent diagnostician and physician. I have been a patient for many years and feel that he is the best choice as my gastroenterologist because he has good judgement and follow through. If you are considering him as your physician, you will be in good hands.
in Altamonte Springs Fla |
Cares about his patients and takes time explaining the person issues and answers questions. I have some good doctors, but I consider him the best.
Apopka, FL |
Great doctor, great staff
in Winter Haven, FL |
I have been treated by Dr. Sprung for over 9 years and have found him to be knowledgeable, very caring and personable. I have put all my trust in him .
in Mount Dora, FL |
He is a very patient and knowledgeable doctor. He has been my doctor for the past 10 years and I would recommend him to all of my family and friends.
Apopka, FL |
Dr. Sprung and his staff are very professional but still have a great bedside manner. Make you feel confident that they will do a good job and very relaxed to do a procedure that is not my most favorite.
in Orlando Florida |
Very intelligent and knowledgable about his speciality. Very caring and comprehensive in his care.
Very thorough physical; sensitive to patients needs
in Deltona fl |
I've had Dr Sprung in the past as a patient and he is wonderful. Very caring. I went to him yesterday after 18 years and received the same compassion that I did before.
Have you seen Dr. Douglas J. Sprung, MD?
Are you Dr. Douglas J. Sprung, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Sprung

• Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenteritis
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Dilatation

Lahey Clinic

Completed in 1985

New York University

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Sprung has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sprung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sprung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Sprung's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Sprung

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Sprung's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Sprung

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Sprung's Care Philosophy

Our daily mission is to do as good a job as possible, starting from how we answer the phone and receive you, to the doctor visit and the scheduling of procedures. While perfection is a lofty ideal, we realize that it is a Godly behavior, not a human one. But to the best of our daily abilities, we strive to do everything for you the way we would want it done for ourselves. We try to answer your calls and give responses within the same day if at all possible.