Dr. Douglas Smith, MD

Rheumatology | Male

Rheumatology Associates PC 8902 N Meridian St Ste 210 Indianapolis, IN 46260 Get Directions
Dr. Douglas Smith, MD

Dr. Douglas Smith, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Indianapolis, IN. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Hancock Regional Hospital and Community Hospital North.

...See Less

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 25 insurance carriers

Dr. Smith is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Smith has admitting privileges.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Kokomo, IN |
I moved to IN 6 years ago and was in need of a rheumatologist. A friend recommended Dr. Smith and he is a God send. He takes the time to explain your medical concerns and recommends what is best for your issue. He is patient and very professional and Kelly is an angel. The entire staff at Rheumatology Associates is very professional and pleasant.
in Carmel, IN |
Excellent attention. Dr. Smith, nurses and secretaries are very patience and friendly... I have RA since 1997 and I really appreciate all of the work they have done to help me during the last 10 years when I came to live in US. Laura
in Carmel, IN |
Dr. Smith has been my Rheumatologist for 30 years. I have never had an unpleasant visit. Dr. Smith and his staff are always professional, friendly and efficient. I believe that Dr. Smith is a gifted diagnostician, even if the issue isn't rheumatology related. Then he will refer you to another medical professional. I praise God for Dr. Smith.
in West Lafayette, IN |
Doctor Smith has been my rheumatologist for going on two years now and he is the best. He is very thorough in going over my blood work and tests, including those I bring from other doctors from between visits with him. He is compassionate and really understands my desire to be as unmedicated as possible, even going to far as to suggest supplements and dietary changes I may find helpful for controlling my inflammation and symptoms.
in Plainfield, IN |
Just a short wait, then everything went smooth and fast. The staff is efficient and pleasant and Dr. Smith is professional and friendly.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I always enjoy going to see Dr Smith. I trust him very much with my care. I have been going to see him for 13 years. I think he is the best!
in Noblesville, IN |
Organized, professional and courteous. Very satisfactory visit.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Grateful to have such a caring and understanding doctor. Takes time to listen I never feel that my appointment Is rushed. Always make sure I understand Method of treatment and reason.
Carmel, IN |
Dr. Smith and his staff always treat me with respect,courtesy and compassion. I highly recommend Dr Smith to anyone in need of a skilled Rheumatologist. He listens to the patient and works with them to reach a best treatment plan.
in Fishers, IN |
I have been seeing Dr. Douglas Smith for several years for two rheumatological conditions. Dr. Smith always takes the time to review and confirm my medical history, consider and discuss recent changes and symptoms, and provide a plan which is unique to my specific needs. He expresses genuine concern for my health, well-being, and quality of life.
in Knightstown Indiana |
Dr.Smith is a Amazing physician who I have seen for many many years. I have multiple thing's wrong. He has helped me with it all. I have had multiple times where I called with a flare and they were able to get me in that day. Both Dr. Smith and Kelly his nurse are both earth angels. They have kept me walking without their care I would of been in a nursing home for sure. I love them both so much for taking such fabulous care of me. If you need a physician Dr. Smith and Kelly are the best.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I absolutely love Dr. Smith and have been seeing him for over 20 years. He and his staff really care about my health and help me to live day-to-day as comfortably as possible. Dr. Smith is a very good doctor but also a nice guy and a true humanitarian.
Dr Smith follows up on every health issue you have had. He takes the time to answer any and all questions you have. I highly recommend him!
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Smith is excellent on initial consultation, through exam, explicit notes, and comprehensive explanation. Presents possible treatment options & encourages open discussion. After that visit the entire enviornment changes. You have exactly 15 min to spend with doctor. The staff is curt. When I needed 12 pills of Savella to get me to next appointment they refused knowing the side effects it could cause by stopping & not weaning me off. No compassion only condemnation for not calling sooner.
Good afternoon. I'm sorry to hear about your situation and would love to speak with you in more detail offline. We suggest all concerns come to me before using a medium such as this to get a resolution. Patient care and satisfaction is our number 1 priority. Please call the office and ask for me directly during business hours. Director of Operations, Tony Drykos
Indianapolis |
Dr. Smith has an excellent reputation and is very highly regarded. However, he is always rushed and spends very little time listening or communicating. In addition, my wife has repeatedly felt dismissed by his nursing staff who come across as superior and indifferent, usually over the phone.
Afternoon. I'm sorry to read about your experience. Patient care and satisfaction is something we take very series here. I would love to speak with you in more detail offline, so please call the office anytime during regular business hours and I will be more than happy to assist. Director of Operations, Tony Drykos
Have you seen Dr. Douglas Smith, MD?

Compare Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Smith's Board Certifications

• Cryoglobulinemia
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis

St Elizabeths Hospital

Completed in 1985

Ind University Hospital

Completed in 1991

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology