Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM

Podiatry ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. Smith

Family Foot & Ankle Center

1004 Dresser Ct Ste 102 Raleigh, NC 27609

Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Finch University Of Health Sciences / Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine in 1990 and specializes in podiatry, podiatric surgery, and more.

Dr. Smith accepts

(919) 872-2022

Dr. Smith accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

• Wart Removal
  • Wart Treatment
  • Warts
  • Wound Care and Management

My practice philosophy is to help you with your foot problem in a friendly, efficient manner. I treat my patients like I would a member of my own family.  I take the time to educate you on your condition and the options you have for treating you...

• Podiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith?
Dr. Smith's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM
For years I have required the services of a podiatrist, as has other members of my family, because problematic feet run in our genes! Dr Smith has come to our rescue with charm, professionalism, efficiency, and integrity. I now do not live in Wake County but travel up to 3 hrs each way for his services. Highly recommended with no reservations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Dr. Smith is a nice fellow and so are his office staff, but I am burned to the bone from the cauterizing liquid from my ingrown toenail surgery. I went to another podiatrist and had x-rays and blood work. It will take months to recover.
I'm very concerned to hear of your experience....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I had problems with bunions for over 10 years. Never had surgery due to hearing MANY say how excruciating the pain was following surgery. I had NO PAIN. !!!! Dr Douglas C Smith Is highly recommended by me. Follow his instructions and hopefully you won’t experience any pain either. Wearing knee length boot 24/7 not easy (even slept with) but results worth it. He calls you following day of surgery to check on you. That’s a plus in my book. Wish I’d had my bunion surgeries long time ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I've been his patient for 10 years. As a type 1 diabetic for 45 years, Dr Smith assures I avoid diabetic complications. As a result, I'm still able to jog and enjoy total mobility. He is a caring person and very friendly. Best foot doctor I've ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I had a toe problem and Dr. Smith took care of it the day of the appointment. Most Dr.'s would have made me come back for another appointment to take care of the problem. He was very nice and easy to talk to. He made sure I understood the procedure and that I was not in any pain. All the staff is very nice and they make you feel right at home. I would recommend Dr. Smith to any of my family members and to my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Wonderful doctor! Went in for one procedure and had additional unrelated questions. Dr. Smith readily answered me, gave me information and made me feel at ease for asking the questions. On top of this, the staff squeezed me in due to severity of the first procedure and I really appreciate it. Linda/Carmen were very professional and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Dr. Smith is a rare find. He is a very patient and skilled podiatrist. I had an in office procedure done and felt no pain! Dr. Smith explained everything to me ahead of time, during the procedure and what to expect afterward. While he could not guarantee that I won't need OP surgery in the future to correct my problem I feel a huge sense of relief knowing that I am in his care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I had a problem with the nail pocket of my big toe. After some research, I called Dr. Smith at InStride Family Foot and Ankle Center. I was able to get an appointment the same day. The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. When I arrived, I filled out a little paperwork. Then Dr. Smith examined me, treated and bandaged my toe and wrote a prescription. He was very professional and answered all of my questions completely. I recommend him and his staff highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
My visit with Dr Smith was very successful, he evaluated my condition and provided a very clear explanation of my situation.....very patient listener
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I went in for a an ingrown toenail. The front staff was very friendly. Dr. Smith was concise with his recommendation and all follow up instructions. I was back at work within the hour.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Dr. Smith was thorough with diagnosis, very helpful in establishing the possible causes and explained the condition he thought I was suffering from in details I could understand. He also took his time and made sure I was comfortable before and after the procedure. I will most definitely recommend Dr. Smith to my friends and family. Thank you Doc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Everyone in Dr. Smith's office was so kind and welcoming. They were easy to talk to and clear when providing direction or telling you what was happening. There was always someone paying attention to you and making sure you were comfortable and okay. My visit was short and comfortable. They assured me that they would be accessible for questions and concerns after my visit, and if I had any concerns with my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Dr. Smith is an EXCELLENT physician. He is kind, patient and very knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Compassionate and competent Doctor and practice. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
He was great at explaining what I needed to have done. Very patient and made me feel very comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Dr. Smith is very thorough in diagnosing the problem. He does not rush you, but gathers the facts and finds a solution to the problem. He is both friendly and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I was lucky to get an appointment within an hour. The staff was super friendly. Dr. Smith was polite, explained what was wrong with my toe nail, treatment and expectations. He answered my questions regarding future care alternatives, approximate costs and expected length of time to heal my nail.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
This was my first visit with the practice. I left there feeling like I had been going there for years. Everyone there was so nice and welcoming. I would recommend them to anyone. The doctor even gave me an option for long term treatment vs. treating as it becomes painful. I had asked a previous doctor and was told there was no other options so I was very appreciative that he made this recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
I went to Dr Smith after an initial consult with another podiatrist and due to a lack of office professionalism with that initial office. The staff of Dr Smith was very courteous, professional, friendly, and comforting. I loved every single staff member as well as Dr Smith and felt complete confidence in all each offered me in my visit. As soon as I can get my schedule worked out Dr Smith will be doing my bilateral foot procedure. I was made to feel well informed with all my questions answers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Before I needed podiatrist services myself, I was a caregiver for another of Dr. Smith's patients, Samuel Wingate Badgett, who died at the age of 91 on 7/4/2010. I took Sam to his visits with Dr. Smith, who was ALWAYS what one would term a perfect physician. He was with Sam, and on my two appointments with him-------------the last one being Tuesday, 5/24/16----------just absolutely wonderful, calm, compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and willing to address any and all concerns.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

Family Foot & Ankle Center

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Smith treats patients.