Dr. Douglas Smail, DDS
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Douglas Smail, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

Dr. Douglas Smail, DDS is an dentist who practices in Troy, NY. He is 54 years old.

Learn about this dentist

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smail to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Smail's Performance
Schenectady, NY |
Horrible doctor. Very unsympathetic. Does not explain anything. Not good at treating his complications.
in Rensselaer, NY |
Repeat patient. Would not go anywhere else.
in Troy, NY |
I had an extremely positive experience. I was referred to this office after I had fled another incompetent practitioner who could not succeed with implant surgery. I wish I had found this setting first. But, now that I have, I would happily refer implant patients to this Doctor without reservations. High tech, comforting, and competent.
Kinderhook, NY |
If Dr. Smail had given us the same post operative care for wisdom teeth removal that my daughter received from Adirondack, my son would not have ended up with a nasty, 7 month stomach infection due to the excessive antibiotics that Dr. Smail prescribed for a recurring tooth infection. In addition to pain meds, Adirondack prescribed an oral rinse and provided a syringe with instructions on how to irrigate the sockets to avoid infection. Dr. Smail only provided us with pain meds.
in Troy, NY |
The office staff talks about patients in front of those waiting for appointments, which in my experience always ran 45 minutes to over an hour late, with no updates or communication from the desk staff. The financial staff is even worse. I like the doctor, so even though they don't take my insurance, I paid up-front for treatment and was assured that they would process reimbursement paperwork. They never did, and still have not, despite my polite inquiries, but we're very rude in return.
in Green Island, NY |
I am more than pleased with Dr Email. Met several years for extraction and again through Ellis Dental. Worked on implants. He is a wonderful dentist and puts you at ease. He I very thorough I would send anyone to him.
Have you seen Dr. Douglas Smail, DDS?
Are you Dr. Smail?

Compare Dr. Smail

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Smail's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Smail does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smail and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery