Dr. Douglas Skarada, MD

Dr. Douglas Skarada, MD

Rhinology  |
Dr. Douglas Skarada, MD is a rhinology doctor who practices in Salem, OR. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 3 years.Read his story

340 Vista Ave SE Ste 150

Salem, OR 97302

• CHAMPVA
  • Delta Health System
  • First Choice Health

Learn about Dr. Skarada

See how frequently Dr. Skarada performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ear Disorders
Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorders

Dr. Skarada's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Skarada's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Skarada "I am a father of 3 young children. I see myself as a family man. The Modern Nose Clinic is a smaller clinic where you will feel part of our family. My wife, Dr. Nahmjee Lee Skarada works at the Modern Nose Clinic. She cares for the snoring/sleep apnea patients using oral appliance treatment. You may see one of our children there from time to time. You will know our clinic team because we are a small group who wants to know you. You will not feel lost and unimportant. I am one of the 20 national Teaching Faculty Members on the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy (AAOA). As a leader in the allergy field I help teach allergists across the US. I am Teaching Faculty for Balloon Dilation Sinusplasty and that is how our clinic earned the designation of Center Of Excellence for treatment with Balloon Sinuplasty. In that capacity I have hosted/taught over 70 visiting ENT physicians. I have been continuously involved in research involving balloon dilation sinuplasty over the last 3 years. These research efforts are significant, the first project had a budget of 2.4 million dollars. So undertaking research to elevate knowledge in this field is important to me. We have the latest technology on-site at all times. These experiences have accelerated the Modern Nose Clinic innovation and expertise in the treatment of nasal related disorders. Innovation is an important cornerstone of our organization. The Modern Nose Clinic opened September 2017. This clinic is our family's response to the problems facing health care. We believe you can not wait for health care to be solved from the "top down". The government, the health care industries, big business are not capable of solving medicines major problems of cost, lack of accountability, lack of the personal touch. It is our goal to change health care from the bottom up - one idea at a time. We built this clinic from the ground up trying to create a patient-centered experience. When you step into our modern facilities at the Modern Nose Clinic, you will know you are the most important person in our clinic. By continuously improving, we strive for a world class patient experience for every patient every time. Dr. Nahmjee Lee Skarada (my wife) is one of 6 Diplomats of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine in Oregon. This required an additional year of education. Since 2010 she has practiced exclusively treating patients who suffer from sleep apnea with an oral appliance. At the Modern Nose Clinic we measure our results to help with continuous innovation. Our success rate for treating patients with an oral appliance approaches 90%. The national average for CPAP is less than 50%. Cost is also very important at the Modern Nose Clinic. The cost of diagnosing and treating sleep apnea at the Modern Nose Clinic is 1/4 of what the traditional medical system costs where you can expect in-house sleep studies and CPAP/surgery first approaches. We have the least expensive work-up for sleep apnea offering the most detailed head and neck exam from Dr. Douglas Skarada. Our high success rate speaks for itself. At the Modern Nose Clinic we believe that medicine should be ACCOUNTABLE. So we measure everything we can using quality of life questionnaires and other cost-neutral measures. In that way we can see where we are above average and where we need to improve. We focus on 4 lines of Care - the areas where we offer superior results: Nasal disorders (Rhinology), Allergy, Sleep Apnea/Snoring, and non-surgical Hearing Loss. If you have one of these 4 problems, join the Modern Nose Family and experience what we believe medicine should be -- A World Class Patient Experience for Every Patient, Every time! Sincerely, Doug and Nahmjee Skarada"

This content was provided by Dr. Skarada "The Modern NOSE Clinic Core Values:

#1  To elevate the clinical experience for patients and providers.

#2  To engage each patient with teamwork, enthusiasm, & energy.

#3  To innovate through creative ideas & continuous self-improvement.

#4  To strive for perfection & deliver excellence.

Our rates are the lowest in town in order to minimize cost as an obstacle to the care you deserve!"

• Rhinology

• Allergy Shots
  • Allergy Skin Testing
  • Allergy Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Cornell
  • American Rhinology Society
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016
  • Howard Hughes Research Fellowship 2 Years
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Dr. Skarada has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Skarada does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Skarada and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Skarada's Reviews

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Skarada Says:

One thing I have learned in my life, there are some things you have control over and some things you do not. I have control over how hard I try to do the best I can -- every day.  I have never missed a day of school, training, or work. Never.  I typically show up to work at 5:30 - 6 am and I leave around 7 pm. It is an honor to serve as your physician. I am grateful to each patient who has scheduled an appointment

...

Very supportive and available would highly recommend
in Salem Oregon |
Dr. Skarada has always been very good to me. He always took the extra time to make sure that my health care has always been the best. Dr. Skarada has always made things easy for me to understand. He's the best doctor I've had and wish there were more doctors like him.
Dr. Skarada and his team have provided excellent care for our family for over 15 years. It was great to find them in their new location. I couldn't ask for a better experience.
in Salem, Oregon |
Dr. Skarada determined I have a deviated septum and performed a surgical procedure on my sinuses. My outpatient surgery was performed Thursday; I was able to work 1/2 day the following Monday and my regular work schedule Tuesday. My job does not require lifting (must be avoided for two weeks). ...more
in Salem, OR |
Excellent, quality care. Took the time to explain my health issues, the treatment, and results. Very happy with the results.

Visit Dr. Skarada

Dr. Skarada accepts 25 insurance carriers
  • CHAMPVA
  • Delta Health System
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA