Dr. Douglas Rampona, MD

Dr. Douglas Rampona, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Douglas Rampona, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Virginia Beach, VA and has been practicing for 43 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 1968 and specializes in ophthalmology and optometry.Read his story

848 First Colonial Rd # B

Virginia Beach, VA 23451

• Care Credit

Learn about Dr. Rampona

See how frequently Dr. Rampona performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Rampona's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rampona's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rampona "I am Princeton and Baylor Medical School graduate, founder of SUPRALASE Laser Vision Correction. After managing LASIK flap complications for many years, I knew there must be a better way to correct vision. SUPRALASE® is a TRUE no-flap/no incision, all-laser eye surgery used to correct nearsightedness or astigmatism. It's also suitable for people with dry eyes and thin corneas. SUPRALASE® eliminates the risks of corneal flap complications and diminishes discomfort. Supralase is a great option for individuals who are apprehensive about having anything approaching their eyes. It is the only procedure I perform on my own children and family."

This content was provided by Dr. Rampona "After years of managing LASIK complications, I knew there has to be a better way to correct vision. SUPRALASE is the safe and very patient friendly laser vision correction, that does not carry all of the long term complications associated with flap creation. I can sleep at night not worrying about my patients. It is the only procedure I perform on my own children and family. We have the U.S. patent for SUPRALASE. Call us for more info (757)228-7373 or go to our website. Stay Awesome!"

• Ophthalmology

• Refractive Error
  • Severe Myopia
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)
  • Eye Surgery
  • Laser Ablation
  • Laser Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Disciplinary action in another state (6/15/2018)
    Action Taken: License Restricted
    State: Texas
  • Disciplinary action in another state (1/8/2018)
    Action Taken: Suspension

• Tulane University of Louisiana
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Albany Med College
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Rampona has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rampona has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Rampona does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rampona and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rampona's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rampona to family and friends

Dr. Rampona's Performance

GOOD

My husband had Dr. Rampona complete his eye surgery in 2004. He has nothing but great things to say about him. I'm now considering having my eyes corrected and will be looking into Dr. Rampona!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Took time to work through my concerns. Overall, such a trustworthy man who is very smart and skillful. I would recommend him to anyone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had my Supralase in 2014 and my vision has been great! Before I wore contact lenses every day. I saw good, but had some discomfort with them. The worse was wearing goggles to the pool-i hated that. I wanted lasik, but cutting flap in my eye was scary. The Supralase procedure was very quick, just...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0