Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD

Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Anchorage, AK and has been practicing for 21 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Anchorage Fracture and Orthopedic Clinic

3831 Piper St Ste 220

Anchorage, AK 99508

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Medicare
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Self Pay
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Worker's Compensation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alaska

Check Dr. Prevost's experience treating your condition or procedure

2000
1991
1990
1986

• Department of Defense Centers of Excellence Designation for Total Joint Replacement, 2002

• Iraq Wounded Soldiers, LTC Douglas Prevost "Soldiers are better Surviving their Wounds:, Brooke Army Medical Center, NBC Evening News with Peter Jennings, 8 March 2004,
  • Bobbie's Miracle", Orthopaedic Missions To Guayaquil and Quito, Ecuador, 2000, 2002, 2005,
  • "Life and Death in the War Zone", Major Doug Prevost is the Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon for the 21st CSH" Mosul, Iraq, NOVA PBS, 2 March 2004,
  • "Let's Go Liberia", Orthopaedic Mission to Monrovia, Libera, 22 May-30 May 2007,
  • Life and Death in the War Zone"," Major Doug Prevost is the Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon for the 21st CSH, 3/2/2004
  • Iraq/Wounded Soldiers, LTC Douglas Prevost "Soldiers are better surviving their Wounds", Brooke Army Medical Center, 3/8/2004

Dr. Prevost's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Prevost

Dr. Prevost?
Dr. Prevost's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD
Outstanding experience! Couldn't ask for a better outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Dr. Prevost repaired my hip performing many procedures, I am now walking normal with no pain, He was very thorough in explaining to me my problems and how he was going to perform the procedures to repair the joint and muscles. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery. I will visit him again for any future needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I had significant knee pain for years. I had heard all the negative knee replacement stories so my search for a prospective surgeon was extensive. In speaking with friends, patients, and medical professionals Dr. Prevost's name kept popping to the top of the list. Upon seeing Dr. Prevost the X-rays confirmed that I was a definite candidate for a full knee replacement. I had a TKR in January. I now have complete range of motion and am practically pain free. In my opinion Dr. Prevost is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
He is outstanding, competent, thorough. He did a terrific job replacing my right hip. I recommend him highly. Office is very well run, he takes Medicare and Aetna Medicare PPO. Very smart and easy to talk with. Denis Allen, Valdez
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Dr. Prevost is amazing. I would highly reccomend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I am a 59 year old active male. Dr. Prevost did a great job on my left hip replacement just over a year ago. I am pain free and back to my busy lifestyle.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Dr. Prevost has replaced both of my hips. In both cases he was patient answering all of my pre-operation questions and my post-operation ones. He took the time I needed to feel reassured. Never did I feel he was in a hurry or my worry was not valid. One memorable detail to me is he always shakes hands. That human touch in the room just prior to going into the operation room is definitely meaningful to me. Both of my new hips are excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Dr. Prevost did a wonderful job replacing my right hip, The people that he has working with him are very professional and courteous. Replacing a hip is a scary thing, its so nice to be able to walk pain free. My right knee is going to need replaced later on down the road and Dr. Prevost will be doing that surgery also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I’ve had two hip replacements eight years apart by Dr. Prevost. Both surgeries were a different technique, it’s amazing the improvement in the procedure. I’m beyond pleased that he cares enough to keep progressing in his field. I would not go anywhere else! Neither time did I have any problems with the procedure and I have returned to activities I haven’t been able to do in years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Dr. Prevost did an excellent job replacing my left hip. It was more difficult because I have scoliosis. I have no pain and can walk without a limp for miles. I would choose him again for future surgeries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I went to see Dr. Prevost with hip pain over three years ago. He Looked at my X-rays and discussed with me what my options were. We decided to try steroid injections to see if they would relieve the pain. I was relatively pain free for over 2 1/2 years. When the pain became more bothersome and started affecting my mobility and flexibility I returned to Dr. Prevost and he did a total hip replacement for me. I was amazed at how quickly I was up and walking again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I was examined by 2 doctors prior to Dr. Prevost. They simply looked at the x-rays and diagnosed my condition from them. Dr. Prevost examined the x-rays as well as actually feeling my knees and noting the scrapping of the deposits. He explain all the options other than surgery and then all the possible negative results from surgery. He also presented probable lifespan of the replacement. I am 12 weeks after surgery and have been more than happy with the results. Planning a 2nd surgery next
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Dr Provost was efficient, accommodating and to the point. My recovery from hip replacement was rapid and with minimal pain. Within a few weeks, I had normal use of my right hip and was able to return to my usual activities that include housekeeping, stair climbs and outdoor time spent gardening and hiking over trails with steep inclines. Oh-by the way, the surgery occurred a few months after my 86th birthday. I have full confidence in Dr Provost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
Very happy with the results of total knee replacement. Am as active as ever (except no running!).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
amazing Doctor with amazing skills! and very kind and sincerely cares about you the patient after your surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I lived with hip pain for three years, then became almost un-functional doing daily task and was hesitant of doing total hip replacement. After having the procedure dune by Dr. Prevost, my life is back to normal again. It couldn't have gone any better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I love my new knee. Dr. Prevost did an excellent job giving me a new knee. The only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. Thank you Dr. Prevost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I had both knees replaced at the same time. Yes, it was tough, probably one of the hardest things I have ever done. Dr. Prevost was very up front about the pain and work needed to make my new knees work properly. He provided plenty of information about the procedure and his office worked closely with my doctor at home to make sure I was ready. I did what the man said and I could not be happier with the results. No more knee pain and I do things I have not been able to do for years. Thanks Dr. P!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I began to experience moderate pain in my left hip in July of 2015 that continued to increase such that by early 2016 I was walking but with sever pain and a terrible limp. My GP recommended I see Dr Prevost who quickly diagnosed the problem as stage 4 osteonecrosis, after an informative consultation we scheduled a hip replacement. Now two years since I remain pain free, walking normally with little to remind me that I ever had hip surgery. . I highly recommend Dr Prevost & Staff to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Prevost, MD?
I'm a runner who had a labral tear in my hip, along with impingement. I found Dr. Prevost is one of the few doctors in the state to provide this surgery. My surgery went very well, and I had an excellent, speedy recovery with minimal pain or scarring afterward. I went from having significant pain just sitting for more than 10 minutes before surgery, to being able to climb uphill without any discomfort less than 8 months later.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Prevost?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Medicaid
Medicare
Private HealthCare Systems
Self Pay
Tricare
Veteran Administration Plan
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Prevost treats patients.

Compare Providers