Dr. Douglas Politz, MD

Endocrine Surgery ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Politz

Norman Parathyroid Center

2400 Cypress Glen Dr Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Dr. Douglas Politz, MD is an endocrine surgery specialist in Wesley Chapel, FL and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans in 1995 and specializes in endocrine surgery and endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Politz accepts

Dr. Politz accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Politz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Politz's Top Procedures and Conditions

Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

Dr. Politz treats Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Politz treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Parathyrodectomy

Dr. Politz?
Dr. Politz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Politz, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Politz has everything a patient hopes to be fortunate enough to find in a doctor: skill, knowledge, experience, good communication, and a caring bedside manner. Words alone cannot convey what a good doctor he is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr. Politz did a wonderful job with my husband’s surgery! He is warm and caring, puts his patients at ease. He is very skilled. The rest of the doctors and staff at the Norman Parathyroid Center are top notch! Thank you so very much Dr. Politz!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
I had only one diseased Parathyroid gland removed and within 12 hours my back and legs stopped aching. I continue to improve daily since my 5/17/2019 surgery. Thank you Dr Politz for giving me my life back. Thank you also to the amazing staff at Norman Parathyroid Center, Tampa FL.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
This was my second visit in 10 years. Dr. Politz is one of the few surgeons in the WORLD skilled in the delicate parathyroid surgery that he performed on me. His bedside manner is amazing for such a world renown surgeon. He treats you like family, he takes time to explain everything and answer all your questions. Him, not his nurse. I find this very rare in today’s busy world. I highly recommend Dr. Politz. Elaine Lee.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr. Politz is an excellent surgeon and a fine person. I am so glad that he did my surgery and I would urge anyone with hyperparathyroidism to go to this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr Politz and his team of surgeons are the very best in the nation. From the beginning all the way through the surgery and beyond they all are so supportive and reassuring. No one in Los Angeles does this type of surgery with finess like these surgeons do. I love each of them and will highly recommend to everyone I come in contact with. If not for the Norman parathyroid center I would still be having serious issues. They found and removed two tumors (parathyroid glands) that went bad.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
After four failed surgeries over the past 30 years, I had given up all hope of a cure for my hyperparathyroidism. That changed when I met Dr. Politz; his kindness, compassion, and extensive knowledge gave me hope for a good outcome for the first time in many years. The surgery was a success, and I feel fantastic! A huge thank you to Dr. Politz and the dedicated staff at NPC for this miracle in my life. Dr. Politz is beyond awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr Politz assisted Dr Boone on my September 2018 parathyroid surgery. He was friendly and attentive with patients and staff. My surgery went great (yes, it’s surgery, so it does hurt for a few days) and the results after two weeks already exceed my expectations; I feel so much better! If you have a parathyroid adenoma, don’t delay. I did a lot of research, and Dr Politz and the team at Norman Parathyroid Center are the best in the country.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
This surgeon saved my life! Mine was an usual situation anatomically with parathyroid glands not in normal location. What if I had gone to an inexperienced surgeon? To ANYBODY else but this group? Thank God.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr. Politz is amazing. Giving someone their life back is nothing short of a miracle, but he gave me that gift. I had 3 parathyroid tumors (WHO KNEW!) He removed them all and had me good as new in 19 minutes. His compassion is second to none and I encourage everyone with high calcium to please seek him out. Read the info on Norman Parathyroid Center website. Don't wait! It can't hurt, it can only make you better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Excellence in every respect! From my initial consultation through surgery and follow up, Dr. Politz was expert, professional and accessible. His surgical approach (see his website at parathyroid.com) ensures the best outcome for his patients. I interviewed respected endocrine surgeons in NYC and Boston and none compared! I recommend him enthusiastically! Don’t hesitate to travel to Tampa to have him as your parathyroid surgeon!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr. Politz is beyond amazing! He is extremely knowledgeable and is so kind and thoughtful. He is what every doctor should strive to be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
So glad I made the choice to go to Norman Parathyroid center. It is all they say it is. Everyone is there to help you. This was my second surgery, for parathyroid, and they got it right. I really wish I would have gone there the first time. I feel so much better now. Dr. Polutz was professional, campasionate, and skilled. If you can make it happen go here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr Politz is the best. Ive never had such a wonderful experience with a doctor and staff. He is personable, responsive, kind and patient. If you are dealing with parathyroid concerns, do not think about going anywhere other than the Norman Parathyroid Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr. Politz is very kind . He took time to educate me on my Hyperparathyroid issue before and after my surgery May 10,2018. This is the only place I recommend a person go if he or she has issues. Please look up the Norman Parathyroid Center & call to ask questions don’t delay your health!! You can do this yourself. Dr.Politz and the other Doctors are here to help us. They know more than anyone else I’ve ever seen over the last 4 plus years hence the words, ‘World Renouned’ doctors!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr.Politz, I just want you to know I'm #15 Sheryl B. I've had a 13.5 years so far Thank you,Dr. Adams,and GOD. God be with you always
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr. Politz is knowledgeable, compassionate and personable. I researched before choosing the Norman Parathyroid Center and I'm glad I did. In fact, I traveled across the country just to have Dr. Politz and team perform my surgery. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the skilled hands and sharp mind of this physician treating me. When doctors like Dr. Politz care about educating people so passionately, you know you can trust them. He utilizes technology to teach. parathyroid.com - get the app!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Excellent surgeon and terrific communicator. Answered all pre and post Op questions throughly and patiently. Scar is minimal and healed quickly. Recommend highly for parathyroid surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
A highly skilled surgeon who is passionate about his work and dedicated to his patients' care. I appreciated his compassion and availability before, during and after my surgery. Going to Tampa was the right choice for me and I am grateful for the excellent care I received from Dr. Politz.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Politz, MD?
Dr P was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. The very model of compassionate professionalism. Can’t recommend highly enough.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Politz?