Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Nowak

Everett Bone and Joint , Proliance Surgeons Inc.

1100 Pacific Ave Ste 300 Everett, WA 98201

Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Everett, WA and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 2005 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Nowak accepts

Dr. Nowak accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
First Choice Health
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Plus
Providence Health Plans
Personal Option EPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Nowak's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nowak's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Sprain

Dr. Nowak treats Hip Sprain more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Nowak treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)

Dr. Nowak treats Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear) more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Nowak treats this condition more than 75% of his peers

• Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Sports Injuries
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

I have always led a very active lifestyle and have completed 13 marathons and 8 Ironman Triathlons including the Hawaii Ironman World Championships in 2012. I enjoy treating patients with similar active lifestyles and athletic interests. Being involv...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

Steadman Clinic (Vail, Co)-Orthopedic Sports Medicine
2010
Columbia University Medical Center (New York City, Ny)
2006

4.5

Dr. Nowak?
Dr. Nowak's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD
I had labrum surgery in January and am so happy that I found Dr. Nowak as my surgeon! I highly recommend him to anyone that needs this surgery. From day one, he explains everything in detail. As a patient, you never once feel rushed or leave his office with any unanswered questions. I appreciate the way he is there for you during the entire process. He even personally calls you the day after surgery! I could not have asked for a better surgeon. I truly feel blessed to have found Dr. Nowak.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak knows his stuff. When I first saw him he thoroughly laid out my options and the possible results. It was then my decision how to proceed. I had done my research and knew he was the best. He proved it. He is confident, efficient and quick, but I never felt rushed. I am 4 months post op from a labral repair and feeling quite good. I have no doubts I am on my way to 100%!!!! Plus his staff is amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
After much searching for a surgeon to fix my hip labral tear, I found Dr Nowak. He did an excellent job and I am finally running pain free again. Couldn't be happier with him and his staff. He explained things very well and has a very specific recovery plan that I appreciated. He seemed genuinely interested in me and getting me back to running. It was nice having a doctor who is an athlete as he understood my goals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr Nowak fixed my daughter's torn hip labrum with arthroscopic hip surgery a couple years ago and she has fully recovered. I really appreciate Dr Nowak's blunt demeanor. He did not push surgery and just laid out the options. Ultimately, we decided to do surgery and am glad we did. He really explained the surgery well and thoroughly explained the recovery process. His assitant Marlee is also excellent and was very helpful throughout.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak helped me when no other surgeon would. I was a debilitated 23 year old who was previously extremely active. No other doctor looked at my entire picture to understand that what was seen via imaging was more actually more serious than it presented. Dr. Nowak and the entire staff at EBJ was incredibly sincere, knowledgeable, and made my experience incredibly worthwhile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
I had hip surgery in March of 2018. My surgeon, Dr. Doug Nowak was awesome. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for quality care. He communicated all of the options and all possible outcomes. He let me know what would be required of me for the best outcome and I believe that is why I have recovered so well. I am 59 years old and had some extenuating circumstances due to a previous injury. He went out of his way to help me and I am so thankful for his skill and bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak preformed my hip labrum surgery and he was incredible. He takes the time to answer my questions, got me to the right place for pt to ensure I had the best outcome. Dr. N also caught a problem that affected my other joints and ordered tests and referred me to a specialist when something wasn’t right. He is an amazing Dr that saved my future by thinking outside the box. I am forever grateful for his knowledge, amazing skill and his unwillingness to give up on a puzzle. Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak agreed to perform surgery to reattach my torn hamstring tendon and to clean up tendonosis. He was very straightforward with me and my odds of success. I've done a dozen Ironman triathlons and felt I'd never run again without some intervention. He did the surgery and in the five months since surgery I'm up to running 15 miles at a time with many runs over ten miles. The pain will take a while to go away, but I'm 100% happy with my results so far. I'll probably even do another Ironman
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Nowak. His repair of my hip labral tear and impingement has been successful to date and he was pro-active during my recovery when I felt things were progressing too slowly. His physical therapy protocol is quite intense but the results have made it worthwhile. My only concerns have been with the office responding to inquiries in a timely manner and connecting me to my medical provider when I've needed to. I would rate the office 3/5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Nowak. He fixed my hip labral tear and got me back skiing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Following a fall, the ER department referred me to Dr. Nowak for orthopedic care.Despite a complicated fracture on x-ray, he recommended no treatment except a sling for 6 weeks. I was uncomfortable with this and got a second opinion.The shoulder specialist I saw said I definitely needed surgery to repair the complicated fracture and tendons.By having surgery I have maximized my chances for complete recovery.If I had trusted Dr. Nowak, there is no telling what the outcome would be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak performed arthroscopic surgery with partial medial meniscectomy on my knee (removal of torn meniscus). Dr. Nowak was professional and efficient, his staff supportive, and the Pre/Post-Op and OR staff was skilled and friendly. I felt well informed about my injury, the options available to me, what was happening during the operation, and what to expect after the surgery. My knee has recovered well, large in part to the excellence of care given. I'd go back to Dr. Nowak if needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Extremely professional and accessible. I felt very comfortable knowing what was taking place with my surgery, and knowing what to expect from my rehabilitation. Couldn't be happier with my decision to use Dr. Nowak and the Everett Bone and Joint center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr Nowak fixed my hip labral tear. I am now fully recovered and back to running. Long recovery, but definitely worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Always made sure that you understood what was going on and made you feel comfortable. Did not rush me back to work and ensured I was ready before releasing me to work. I completely trust Dr. Nowak.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Thanks to Dr. Nowak I can run ultras again. Before ACL and meniscus surgery I couldn't run a mile without pain causing me to stop. I had surgery in 12/13...took a year building muscle, slowly eased back in to running, and now run (and backpack, skate ski, etc) pain free. His skill and confidence in his ability allowed me to return to my passion of playing in the mountains. I recommend him to every person I know with knee issues! There are not enough accolades I can bestow -great doc and team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak did a labram repair on my hip. It was my first surgery so I was nervous but he and his staff did a wonderful job, my recovery went great and surgery was a success. He was thorough in explaining the procedure and what to expect in recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Nowak.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Great experience with Dr. Nowak and Everett Bone and Joint. Labrum repair surgery turned out great, my shoulder feels better than it has in years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
Dr. Nowak did surgery on my Left Side Rotator Cuff. The surgery went great, follow-up was through, explanation of any side affects from surgery was very through.. Overall Dr. Nowak & his staff was very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Nowak, MD?
After a year of struggles, he performed a surgery on my labrum and I feel better now than I have since January 2015. I would 100% recommend him to my family and friends.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Nowak?

Everett Bone and Joint , Proliance Surgeons Inc.

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Nowak treats patients.