Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD

Sports Medicine •  Male • Age 44

Dr. Lurie

Orthopedic Associates of New Orleans

3434 Prytania St Ste 430 New Orleans, LA 70115

Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD is a sports medicine specialist in New Orleans, LA and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Lurie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lurie

3.5

Dr. Lurie?
Dr. Lurie's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD
After breaking my wrist, Dr. Lurie was everything I could want in an orthopedic surgeon - caring, friendly, measured, calm, knowledgeable, and skilled. I highly recommend him.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?
Douglas Lurie mistreatment left my leg mangled and crippled. BEWARE DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH YOU.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?
Several years ago Dr. Lurie empowered me with the information I needed to make the best choice for me related to the arthritis in my knee. When the time came for knee replacement a few months ago he fully informed me about the process. I had no complications and was recently able to walk several miles a day during travel. Dr. Lurie is a unique blend of a very intelligent physician who is also invariably compassionate. He listens, thinks, then responds. I give him the highest recommendation.
Maureen Wright in New Orleans, LA – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?
Because of Dr. Lurie I can walk. Initially had a knee replacement from a work injury & all was perfect. Had a devastating wreck 6 mths later. Dr. Lurie handled ever challenge I was faced with be it surgical, rehab, pain control or mental health professionally & with much success. He put back together both legs & 1 arm. I cannot imagine having any other ortho treat my ongoing challenges. I trust him 100%, communicates great & looks at all options with me. Incredibly appreciative of his talents.
Greene in New Orleans – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?
Very disappointed in his way of handling my injury, I was nothing but just a check from the Department of Labor
Lourdes Zavala in Metairie, LA – Apr 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?
Went to see Dr. Lurie after sustaining an injury to my knee. He said he would order an MRI but I didn't get the impression he was taking my concerns seriously or that there was any urgency in his response to my injury. The practice said they'd call to set up my MRI the day following the appointment. Still haven't received a call and it's been several days. In the mean while I sought care through Ochsner and found out I have a meniscus tear and need surgery. Would give 0 stars here if I could.
Morgan in New Orleans, LA – Sep 23, 2016
Morgan, I am very apologetic that your MRI was...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?
Dr. Lurie was excellent. He was very attentive to me as a person as well as as a patient. He was very conservative in seeking alternatives to surgery that would have been highly invasive, and his strategy worked. He explained the situation and involved me in the medical decision-making when appropriate. He remembered me and my case when I happened to see him three years after the injury. I highly recommend him.
Steve B. in New Orleans, LA – Aug 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Lurie, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lurie?

• Sports Medicine