Dr. Douglas Jones, MD

Dr. Douglas Jones, MD

Allergy & Immunology  |

Dr. Douglas Jones, MD is an allergy & immunology doctor who practices in Layton, UT. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Jones is affiliated with Davis Hospital and Medical Center, Lakeview Hospital and Intermountain McKay-Dee Hospital.

• Altius Health Plans
  • Select Med
  • SelectHealth
  • Value Care Health Systems

Learn about Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones' Experience

Dr. Jones' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  • Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Jones "I strive for unprecedented patient results in all aspects of allergy, asthma, and immune disorders."

• Allergy & Immunology

• Asthma in Children
  • Asthma in Pregnancy
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Asthmatic Bronchitis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bee Sting Allergy
  • Bronchiolitis Obliterans
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cat Allergy
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • Contact Dermatitis
  • Immune Defect Due to Absence of Thymus
  • Immune Deficiency
  • Immune Deficiency, Familial Variable
  • Immune Disorders
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Immunodeficiency - Gonadal Dysgenesis - Pulmonary Fibrosis

• Patch Testing
  • Rhinoscopy
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Utah
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Creighton University School Of Med
  • Creighton University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Jones has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Jones does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jones and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jones' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jones to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Jones' Performance
in Grand Junction, CO |
Our son has been a patient of Dr. Jones for a year and a half. In that time he has had approximately 30 appointments with Dr. Jones. We consistently found Dr. Jones personable and approachable, in addition to his exemplary clinical skills! We consider our weekly travel of 600 miles for OIT the best decision we have made for our sons health! We highly recommend Dr. Jones! We are extremely grateful for his excellent care of our son, and his amazing rapport with our son. Thank you Dr. Jones!
in Rapid City, SD |
I found Dr. Jones to be exceptionally caring and knowledgeable about my child's health concerns. He was thorough and communicated with us often in regards to our child's treatment plan and he was available 24/7 to us by cell phone which provided us tremendous reassurance because we live very far from his office and commute for appointments. We recommend him confidently to anyone who wants a leader in allergy and asthma healthcare for them or their child.
in Lehi |
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Jones now for 3 years. In that time he has changed her life completely! He is so willing to investigate each concern and come up with a game plan to solve the problem. We have always felt like we were his top concern while in his office. Dr. Jones has always been so understanding and willing to help during the most scary times. He is very knowledgeable in his field and is considered by many to be the Very Best that's out there! I 100% agree!
in MEXICO |
We are a family from Mexico. We are truly grateful for Dr. Jones' support Our child is a peanut allergy graduate. I can only say that this treatment has changed our lives forever... We feel safe in his hands. He is really a great, kind person.so passionate about his job. He is more than we expected. I could not speak more highly of Dr. Jones and his very kind staff.
in Mazatlan, SIN |
Helped my nephew to overcome his peanut allergy. Excellent doctor.
Dr. Jones' allergy program involves individually assessing and developing a medical treatment plan for each of his patients. He implements the program in a professional, safe, very personal and caring manner and is available practically 24 hours a day should you have any questions or require advice. I have never met such a dedicated doctor.
in Australia |
Patients are travelling not only from other parts of Utah to receive treatment from Dr Jones but they are travelling from interstate and from many different countries around the world. I myself have travelled from Australia to live for a period of time with my 15 year old daughter who has multiple severe food allergies so that she is able to receive this successful, specialized treatment. Dr Jones does have a waiting list because his work is safe, individualized and has long-term success.
in Mazatlan, SIN |
We are so blessed we met Dr. Jones! He is an amazing and most caring Doctor I have ever meet! We traveled from Mexico to Utah to start the OIT program, was the best decision ever! My son now is free from food allergies! OIT WORKS!
Dr Jones is a highly knowledgeable specialist who, through experience and results, rates as one of the best food allergy specialists in the world. I have spent much time analyzing doctors and their various treatments for allergies. Dr Jones has successfully treated approximately 450 patients with food allergies allowing them to consume the food in their day to day life in unlimited amounts. He is friendly and professional and has been wonderful in helping our family in treating food allergies.
Springville, UT |
Saved our daughter's life! It still feels like a miracle even years later that she could go from reacting to peanut dust in the air, to now eating them every day. We felt that her food allergies were a life sentence, and now she is living a much more normal life. We will forever be grateful to Dr. Jones! The staff is super great too, great with the kids and so nice.
Davis County, Utah |
I received an invitation today to a seminar that Dr. Jones is the keynote speaker for. Pushing a product that has not been vetted and is multi-level marketing. If this is something he promoted as being a safe and "the best supplement" in the world,I question his ethics as a doctor.
North ogden |
Jones prescribed my age 7 son an asthma treatment that was not FDA approved for kids under 12. He had my son come in free of charge to smooth things over.I also brought my age 4 son (payed copay for him) who is extremely allergic to eggs and bananas (which I already knew). He refused to test him for anything but bananas and eggs. ? He said my older sons treatment plan was within the asthma guidlines. Just got a call from billing asking if they could charge my insurance for the free visit.
in Grand Junction, CO |
My son is in his food allergy treatment program (OIT), because he is anaphylactic to peanuts, as confirmed by a trip to the ER where he almost died and two sets of blood tests. In Dr. Jones' care, my son has become desensitized to peanuts and eats them daily. Oral Immunotherapy works and Dr. Jones' program has worked great for my son. My son loves Dr. Jones. At our last appointment he ran to hug him after not having seen him in two months. Dr. Jones truly cares about his patients.
in Hooper, UT |
After years of being sick and spending more months on antibiotics then not, I was referred to Dr.Jones. He spent a considerable amount of time discussing my medical history. Once he received the results of the test he had ordered, he scheduled a follow up during which he explained to my spouse and I that I had CVID. He explained the test results and the treatment options. After 6 years of being his patient, I will say Dr.Jones and his staff are the best, highly recommend.
in Pleasant view Utah, UT |
I totally recommend Dr. Jones.
Syracuse, UT |
This Dr. is truly horrific! His staff is rude. The Dr. has zero bedside manner and seems so full of himself it must be beneath him to talk to patients. He is in and out of your room as fast as he can be. I'm pretty sure he diagnosis everyone with a peanut allergy that he sees just to try out his nifty treatment plan-- I think the results are high because half of the people probably didn't have an allergy at all!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The front desk staff can be rude. We specifically asked if my mom could bring my son for an appt. They said yes, but when they got there they refused to see him because I didn't sign some form...even though they didn't tell me I had to. I called and said I was on my way and to just start the appt and they tried to make them leave and reschedule. I stuck to my guns and they finally took verbal consent. On another occasion, they mis-scheduled an appt and I got charged $100 for a missed appt.
Have you seen Dr. Douglas Jones, MD?
Are you Dr. Jones?