Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD

Clinical Lipidology ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Hansen

Altitude Family & Internal Medicine

13402 W Coal Mine Ave Ste 230 Littleton, CO 80127

Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD is a clinical lipidologist in Littleton, CO and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1999 and specializes in clinical lipidology, family medicine, and more.

Dr. Hansen accepts

Dr. Hansen accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Assurant Health
Cofinity
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Hansen treats your condition or procedure

2.6

Dr. Hansen?
Dr. Hansen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD
I have been seeing Dr Hansen for many years as have my mom and husband. He is extremely knowledgeable and very good at explaining things. I feel very confident that he is an exceptional Dr. It can be hard to see him on short notice but he has other Drs in his practice that are good also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?
Very surprised to read the negative reviews of Dr.Hansen & his practice. Over the nearly 13 years I've been his patient, I have experienced some billing errors, but they were reversed when I brought them to the office's attention. I have also experienced some difficulty in getting phone calls returned, but have always been able to get an appointment when needed. I really appreciate Dr. Hansen's personal expertise & his "bedside" manner. I feel he has "gone beyond" what I expected.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?
Dr Hanson took care of both my mom and dad. His Care provided quality of life for them both. The time he spent with my mom was amazing. He was patient and kind and his expertise in his field enabled him to help my mom live well past what was expected
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?
Completely misdiagnosed a problem by not bothering to obtain previous medical records they had easy access to. They jump to conclusions and will NOT listen to what you have to say. I had to obtain an old lab test myself from my old doctor just to prove them wrong. I should NOT have to do that!!! They have a record of not responding to messages left on their portal even after complaining about it. I absolutely DO NOT recommend these folks or this doctor or this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?
The worst I have ever seen. If you are a patient with problems, the care you will get is one notch above the worst. These people don't care about you, all they want is your money and will misbill your insurance to get it. Don't expect any of your phone calls to be returned about anything like medication side effects or questions about your care. Don't expect your messages or phone calls to ever be returned. Stay away from this practice. Scheduling an urgent appointment? Forget it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?
I would not recommend this office to anyone.BUYER BEWARE, YOU WILL END UP PAYING AND NOT GET ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE. I have been charged copays for preventive care visits that are covered by Insurance @100%.The doctors ask ?s that do not pertain to preventive care, then code/bill it so you end up paying. Same experience w/ referrals to specialist, &testing that require preauthorization-w/NO followup by staff or dctrs.No preapproval, means it's not covered,& I don't get the medical care needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?
I would not recommend this office to any of my family/friends. This week I am having symptoms of a sinus infection. I called the office 7/5 to get an appointment, to BUSY to see me until 7/11. I ended up going to Urgent care & started on antibiotics. B/P-177/70 (unusual for me). I'm a retired nurse & know my body, trying to be proactive. Had stroke/artery aneurysm with brain surgery @ St. Anthony's 2011. Also it took my pharmacy 3 times to get a refill script on my temazepam. Carol Chapman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Hansen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hansen?

• Clinical Lipidology

2002
2000
1999
1995

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hansen treats patients.

Compare Providers