Dr. Douglas Foulk, MD

Dr. Douglas Foulk, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Douglas A. Foulk is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty certification in sports medicine A Colorado native, he was raised in Greely, Colorado. Dr. Foulk received his medical degree from the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. He then completed his internship and residency at the University of California – Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California. He received his fellowship training at the Methodist Sports Medicine Center under, renowned orthopedic sports medicine specialist, Dr. K.D. Shelbourne in Indianapolis, Indiana. Dr. Foulk has authored book chapters and scientific papers in the area of Denver orthopedic sports medicine and has presented at the local and national level on sports medicine topics. In his free time, Dr. Foulk enjoys biking, skiing, golf and traveling to visit his three children who live across the United States.

8510 Bryant St Ste 120

Westminster, CO 80031

Learn about Dr. Foulk

See how frequently Dr. Foulk performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Joint Pain
Knee Disorders

Dr. Foulk's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Foulk "To practice high quality orthopedic care for my patients. The philosophy is the patient drives the practice. The employees are team members who are mutually accountable and pursue our goal of high quality care in a team approach."

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Nebraska

• Outstanding Trauma Research Award, 1992
  • Jane Sarah Welch Microbiology Scholarship, University of Nebraska, 1983-84
  • Outstanding Resident of the Year, 1993
  • Full Thickness Rotator Cuff Tears in Professional Football Players., 2002
  • Diaphyseal Humerus Fractures: Natural History and Occurrence of Nonunion, 1995
  • Timing of Surgery in Acute ACL Tears on the Return of Quadriceps Strength Following Reconstruction Using Autogenous Patellar Tendon Graft, 1995
  • Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma of the Common Femoral Vein, 2001

Dr. Foulk does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Foulk and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Foulk's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Foulk to family and friends
Dr. Foulk's Performance
Broomfield, CO |
The most amazing orthopedic surgeon in the state of Colorado
in Colorado |
I felt completely comfortable the minute I met Dr. Foulk. Whatever the outcome of my MRI I know I'm in the best hands! He is personable and I believe he cares about what's best for his patients. It's a tremendous relief to find have him looking out for me.
Durango, CO |
Dr. Foulk was a great choice for my surgeon. He was knowledgeable and explained the issue along with all possible treatments thoroughly. Once we decided surgery was needed, the entire process was smooth and precise. I am now 4 weeks out of surgery and back to my normal activities. I would recommend him to all of my friends!
in Lakewood, CO |
I started seeing Dr. Foulk in highschool - a decade ago. He does everything he can to keep your injuries from being the focal point of your life. I know insurance plays a part in terms of treatment, but Foulk never jumps to surgery being the first and only alternative. He doesn't overprescribe meds, and is very very careful with his use of cortizone. He also understands if you can't afford certain treatments and will work with you. Amazing guy. Still remembers me/my chart like we just met.
in Arvada, CO |
Dr. Foulk is smart, experienced, honest, personable----he tells it as it is. He respects his patients. I feel very comfortable with him.
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Foulk is absolutely wonderful. With this being my second labrum repair in my shoulder, he spent plenty of time with him in regards to getting myself back in shape for the upcoming ski season. He is very easy to communicate with, and always makes sure that every question you may have is answered. I would highly recommend Dr. Foulk.
in Thornton, CO |
Dr. Foulk is awesome. Not only is he incredibly intelligent but is super personable and very positive. I have recommended him to anyone with orthopedic challenges. He has helped me with 2 fairly serious knee issues (ACL reconstruction, lateral femoral condyle microfracture) and has helped me to achieve my physical goals of returning to a very active lifestyle. I trust him 100% with my knee. He is an awesome doctor and I fully endorse him. His assistant Nate is awesome too.
in Golden, Co |
I have been Dr. Foulk's patient for the past 8 years. Dr. Foulk's bed side manner is amazing, he truley listens and takes time to answer all my questions.
in Arvada , CO |
Dr.Foulk is always KIND yet professional takes time to answer all my questions and never seems rushed, although I am sure he is quite busy. Thank you for everything you have done for me Dr.Foulk.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Foulk and the Panorama team have been awesome and patient with my care, explanations and recovery! Have developed a rapport to where I trust him implicitly. His team's follow up outside of office visits exceeds highest expectations. RA and associated joint problems have slowed me down. He and his team, including my physical therapist, keep me motivated to full recovery. There aren't enough stars to promote Dr. Foulk and his team's excellence!
Denver, CO |
Dr. Foulk and Panorama Orthopedics has proven to be a reliable source of ortho care (shoulder rotator cuff repair in my case). Dr. Foulk is forthright personable and caring. My personal experience has been as good as can be expected from first consult to final follow up. Clearly I've had a fine outcome to one of the most difficult ortho repairs. I'm thankful for results. Note: The Drs. and staff listen and respond to all questions.
Denver, CO |
He is absolutely amazing! This is a man that truly loves his job and it shows. If you're ever in the position of needing an orthopedic surgeon, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Foulk!!!
Great doc. Listens well.
Arvada, CO |
Original Doctor was unable to do surgery, Dr Foulk step in and did a great job. Very satisfied with his care.
Have you seen Dr. Douglas Foulk, MD?
Are you Dr. Foulk?