Dr. Douglas Forward, MD

Dr. Douglas Forward, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I enjoy building relationships with my patients over time. Educating patients about their illness or addressing their concerns with illustrations or other educational materials is important to me. I am most interested in scientifically supported medical treatment but understand the ?art of medicine? may involve alternative approaches.

Dr. Douglas Forward, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Lakewood, CO. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Forward is affiliated with Lutheran Medical Center and St. Anthony Hospital.

Dr. Forward's Experience

See how Dr. Forward's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Forward

Dr. Forward accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Forward has admitting privileges.

Dr. Forward's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Forward to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Forward's Performance
    in Lakewood |
    Dr. Forward is knowledgeable about anything health related that I need to know, thoughtful and respectful while being able to be truthful to a patient, helpful with medical, wellness an diet ideas with well prepared, clear instructions to me, probably due to his vast experience.
    in Lakewood |
    I like and trust this doctor. I have been going to him for many years. He takes the time to explain things to me and give the correct solution.
    in 2274 Country Club Loop, Westminster, CO 80234 |
    Dr. Forward performs his medical responsibilities in a knowledgeable, professional, and helpful manner. He is up to date on new developments in the medical field and takes the time to explain each medical situation one might have and instils confidence that he is making the correct diagnosis. He is an excellent physician.
    Dallas, TX |
    Very thorough and professional. Great bedside manner.
    in Golden, CO |
    Dr. Forward is knowledgeable, thorough, and professional while also demonstrating compassion, excellent communication, and practical judgement. I recently changed primary providers due to scheduling and travel, and I feel very encouraged and relieved to be in Dr. Forward’s care.
    in Littleton |
    I have been seeing Dr Forward as my primary care physician for several years now. I have always been satisfied with his level of care.
    Golden, CO |
    Highly thorough and personable and took much time to explain medical issues and procedures
    in Golden, CO |
    I have a great appreciation for Dr. Forward both as a physician and man. He is always willing to take as much time as we need to discuss all of my conditions at a visit. He is thorough and a skilled diagnostician. He takes action for a plan to improve my health. He is very smart and he communicates clearly. He expresses concern and interest.
    in Lakewood, Colorado |
    I have been seeing Dr. Forward as my primary physician for a couple of decades now. I am very satisfied with the relationship or I would have changed it some time ago. He listens to my comments and has provided medical advice over a range of issues as I have aged over those years. He has administered to many minor medical needs and has provided excellent and personal counsel for some major medical issues and surgeries during that time. I trust his judgement and his professional knowledge.
    in Evergreen, co |
    My father just passed away last month. Dr Forward had been his doctor for years. He also had been my mother's doctor before she passed away in an accident. My dad spoke very highly of dr. Forward. I am very thankful for the care that he gave my parents over the years.
    in Lakewood, CO |
    Great doctor. Thorough and caring. Been seeing him now at the Denver West facility for about 3 years now and he's been great.
    in Golden co |
    Doesn't care about patients. Even said so himself Really good at misdiagnosis and keeping you waiting.just a sad excuse for a doctor.
    in Denver, CO |
    Dr. Forward was identified as the on call physician for a call placed to my medical practice. The original call was placed at 8:25 p.m. At 9:40 we called again, but the answering service had no answer why he hadn't called. They placed another page to him. At 10:15 we placed a 3rd call, still no word from the doctor. Finally, at 10:35 we received a call from the answering service informing us that Forward had decided he wasn't responsible for our call.
    Have you seen Dr. Douglas Forward, MD?
    Are you Dr. Forward?

Dr. Forward's Care Philosophy

Dr. Forward's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

• Colorado Magazine, "Colorado's Top Doctors" (Family Practice), October 20
      • NCQA PPC-Patient Centered Medical Home, Level 3, 2012-2015, 2012
      • NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program - 2011-2014, 2011
      • NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program - 2011-2014, 2011

Dr. Forward has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Forward's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1987

• Other Education
      Front Range Community College

Completed in 1991

Dr. Forward does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Forward and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage