Dr. Douglas Forman, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Forman

Plastic Surgery Institute of Washington

11210 Old Georgetown Rd North Bethesda, MD 20852

Dr. Douglas Forman, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in North Bethesda, MD and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Forman accepts

Dr. Forman accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Forman's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Absent Breasts and Nipples
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Adult Reconstructive Surgery
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Body Disproportion
  • Cosmetic Laser Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dermabrasion
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Earlobe Repair
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Non-Ablative Laser Skin Rejuvenation
  • Non-Surgical Facelift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Peck Implants
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Laxity
  • Stitches
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Vaser® Liposelection (Liposuction)
  • Worker's Compensation Evaluations

• Phi Beta Kappa - San Diego State University, 1984
  • Scholastic Award - Yale Plastic Surgery, 1996
  • Award of Excellence - Yale Plastic Surgery/Orthopaedic Hand Conference, 1997
  • Cum Laude - San Diego State University, 1984

• Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery "Combination therapy for salvaging a failing, experimental skin flap",
  • Journal of Hand Surgery "Persistent or recurrent carpal tunnel syndrome following prior endoscopic carpal tunnel release",
  • Clinical Plastic Surgery "Current treatment of post-traumatic facial deformities: Residual ocular, adnexal and soft tissue abnormalities",
  • Annals of Plastic Surgery "Free radial artery grafts: Surgical technique and results",
  • Annals of Plastic Surgery "Breast reconstruction in previously irradiated patients using tissue expanders and implants: A potentially unfavorable result",
  • Contemporary Surgery "Cholecystocholedochal fistula associated with Mirizzi syndrome: Presentation, diagnosis, and surgical managment",
  • Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery "Evaluation of a continuous systemic infusion of lloprost, a stable PG12 analogue, on the survival of experimental skin flaps",
  • Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery "Experience with reduction mammaplasty following breast conservation surgery and radiation therapy",

Dr. Forman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Forman

Dr. Forman?
Dr. Forman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Douglas Forman, MD
RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL. 1st, they are located in Rockville & NOT Bethesda. Dr. Forman and his staff made me wait 45 minutes with complete disregard for my time. I arrived early, communicated several times that I had a meeting after & staff kept saying it would be "just a few minutes". He WASN'T EVEN IN THE BUILDING & hadn't come to work yet! When I had to leave (a wasted 1.5 hr R/T drive), his assistant tried to lie, suddenly saying my appointment was really later. DISHONEST as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr. Forman and his team are top-notch professionals who treat you with the utmost respect, professionalism and care. Each appointment started on time, his team of nurses were kind, professional, caring and helpful. Dr. Forman is a master at what he does surgically-- but unlike many surgeons and specialists I have encountered, exhibits compassion and empathy for his patients in a way that makes you feel cared for body, mind and spirit. My surgical experience with Dr. Forman was 5-star from start
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Excellent surgeon, excellent bedside manner, and excellent staff-they all go above and beyond.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr. Forman did an exceptional job. he is gentle, communicative, and affable. He is sensitive to pain and discomfort and appropriately set expectations for me and my family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr. Forman had done the same upper and lower eyelids surgery for my husband with excellent results years before and he is still enjoying the results. Due to work schedule etc I wasn’t able to have mine done right after seeing his results. I finally did the same procedure a month ago and I teased my husband that my results were better as I also got more beautiful looking eyes as Dr. Forman said he would! My husband wanted the results to be subtle. Thank you for customizing our surgeries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
I am a month post-op from an extended abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and extended mastopexy (breast lift, no augmentation) with Dr. Forman. He was one of four plastic surgeons in the DC area that I met with to adjust my skin after losing half my body weight. He was far and away my top choice among the surgeons because of his professionalism, skill and openness to answer all of my questions. Both before and after surgery, he and his staff have always responded quickly to my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr. Forman: You’ve given me boobs that I love! You’ve helped me regain my self-esteem and self-confidence. You’ve helped me love my body again with all its imperfections. You've put a permanent smile on my face, a real one not in a plastic surgery sense ;-) I wear my new boobs with pride. I have a better posture and a better outlook and self-esteem, because I myself (not just my boobs) now look up, not down! And to the staff at the office, you are so incredibly supportive. I LOVE YOU All xx
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
dr. Foreman performed a tummy tuck after a gastric bypass. My surgery was done by him in 2007. Being a nurse at Georgetown everybody noticed what an awesome job he did I would recommend this man to anybody for any kind of plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery they will need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr foreman is excellent! Will be recommending everyone I know! All the staff is very friendly and attentive and thoroughly answered every question I had. I am extremely pleased with my results!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr Forman gave me my life back! I couldn't be happier with his treatment and my results. He listened, showed great care and expertise and was very generous with his time giving me all my options. The compassion and kindness that he and his amazing staff showed me was wonderful. Dr Forman took a scary diagnosis of breast cancer and turned it into possibilities and a new hope. His confidence, kindness and compassion to me as well as my family before surgery and after surgery was wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Doctor Forman is a kind, caring, knowledgeable plastic surgeon. with the abdominoplasty and breast lift he did for me, i have a new confidence in my appearance. I am very happy with the results and would highly highly recommend to anyone who needed plastic surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
I had the great fortune of selecting Dr Forman for my procedure after reading his profile as one of the DC area's best plastic surgeons in Washingtonian magazine. Not only was Dr Forman thorough in his assessment, and generous with his time and advice, he was also incredibly? skilled in the procedure, leaving me with minimal scarring & perfect symmetry. He will schedule multiple before and after follow up appointment to make sure that healing is progressing as expected. I trust his judgement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
I went to Dr. Forman to get my horrible neck fixed. I was so nervous about the whole thing and afraid I wouldn't like the results.But I got through it( it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.) and I am thrilled with the results!! Dr. Forman took 10 years off my face!!!! And his whole staff was extremely warm and reassuring. By the way, his office has great pens too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Forman any day of the week. From my initial consultation thru my follow up visits, his entire team were so thoughtful and attentive. After having nursed 3 babies, my breasts were empty and none of my bras or clothes fit right. He made me the best version of me while still looking totally natural. If you didn't know I'd had surgery, you'd never be able to notice. exactly what i wanted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Dr. Forman and the staff at The Plastic Surgery Institute of Washington were so nice, professional, and informative. After being diagnosed with Diastasis Recti and a Hernia, Dr. Forman was able to repair the hernia, muscle separation and tighten the sagging skin under my belly button after I had my 2 children. I never would have dreamed my stomach and core would look and feel this great again. I thank Dr. Forman for everything he did for me and I recommend him a thousand times over!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Forman. He has done my breast reconstruction, including a breast lift on the other side, a lower face and chin lift, vaso-liposuction on my inner knees and thighs, and a lower body lift. He is highly skilled, hugely talented, compassionate, kind, patient, thorough, and honest about what surgery can and cannot achieve. He prepared me well for post-op and recovery. He personally called me at home after every procedure. I HIGHLY recommend him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?
Excellent surgeon with very good bedside manners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Douglas Forman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Forman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Forman treats patients.

Holy Cross Hospital