Dr. Douglas Cusick, MD

Dr. Douglas Cusick, MD

Plastic Surgery  ·

Dr. Douglas Cusick, MD is a plastic surgery specialist in Leawood, KS. He specializes in plastic surgery, cosmetic & reconstructive surgery, and more.Read his story

Cusick Plastic Surgery

4601 College Blvd Ste 222

Leawood, KS 66211

Learn about Dr. Cusick

See how frequently Dr. Cusick performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Limb Pain
Melanoma

Dr. Cusick's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cusick's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cusick "Dr. Doug Cusick was born and raised in Kansas City. In 1981, he graduated from the University of Kansas with a B.S. in Business Administration and proceeded to get his Doctorate of Medicine from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1986. He was also president of his medical class. After completing General Surgery residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Southern California in 1990, he did an additional two years of Plastic Surgery residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center, where he still serves as a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Cusick is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Within the Kansas City medical community, he has served as President and Treasurer for the Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society, and served on the Board of Directors and Finance committee of Saint Joseph Health Center. His passion for service has led him to participate in more than 40 medical missions around the world. He performs reconstructive surgery on children and trains the local surgeons. His goal is to restore not only the children’s physical appearance and abilities, but also their self-esteem. He is one of the founding members of the Medical Mission Foundation, where he has served on the Board of Directors and is currently on the Board of Advisors. Dr. Cusick’s passion is shared by his wife, Barbara, and their three sons: Brandon, Andrew and Christopher. He and his boys are all Eagle Scouts, and the family enjoys being active in sports such as skiing, water sports, and golf. Dr. Cusick is also an avid collector and restorer of antique mechanical music instruments."

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Cusick "Wonderful experience. Painless and great followup with the office"
"Dr Cusick and his staff were both knowledgeable and professional. They addressed every question and concern that I had and checked on my progress frequently throughout the recovery process. I have never felt better in my life!"
"I was very nervous and embarrassed at first. Dr Cusick along with his nurses were very personable and made me feel very comfortable about everything."

"I adhere to a strict code of ethics, operate only in accredited medical facilities, and fulfill continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety. I prefer to say that I am a surgeon with artistic skills. The reason is simple-the single most important factor in the successful outcome of plastic surgery is the surgeon. As a surgeon I have the skill and training to help people improve their lives. My reward comes when I receive a note from a patient describing how my work has improved their life. I want my patients to be happy with their outcome. That is precisely why I became a plastic surgeon. This passion motivates me both professionally and personally. As a volunteer with the Medical Missions Foundation, I travel several times a year to some of the poorest countries in the world to perform reconstructive surgery. Those trips not only serve to keep me grounded, but to energize me in my profession. Whether it is a child in Panama or a client in Kansas City, my patients place their trust in me, and I take that trust very seriously. Personal attention is the hallmark of my practice. "

• Plastic Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction Surgery
  • Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery of the Hand
  • Plastic Surgery-Head & Neck

Dr. Cusick does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Kansas
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Loma Linda University
  • University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Cusick has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cusick has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cusick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cusick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Schedule Online Now

Dr. Cusick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cusick to family and friends

Dr. Cusick's Performance

My experience was great with Dr. Cusick and his staff! He explained everything to my fiance and myself before the procedure and I felt confident in his skill and knowledge! I am loving my results and I am only 2 weeks post op. He was also nice enough to send flowers to my house the day after...more
great
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
From the moment that I walked into Dr. Cusick's office, I felt like my needs and opinion mattered. He listened to my hopeful outcome and made me feel comfortable and at ease with the process... The outcome was better than I expected and appreciated his care and concern.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was worried when diagnosed & then being sent to a plastic surgeon for surgery. My visit, surgery, followup & overall experience has been excellent. The surgical site looks great! I am fortunate that my dermatologist referred me to Dr. Cusick. The office staff has been very kind & helpful as...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had a great experience with Dr. Cusick. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Are you Dr. Cusick?