Dr. Dorsey Dysart, MD

Dr. Dorsey Dysart, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Dorsey Dysart, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 76 years old and has been practicing for 50 years. Read his story

8420 Delmar Blvd Ste 203

Saint Louis, MO 63124

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Dysart

Dr. Dysart's Experience

Dr. Dysart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Neurology and Psychiatry
  • Sanctions found

Dr. Dysart's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Dysart "My name is Dr. Dorsey Dysart and I am fully committed to your recovery, your success and helping you build a happy, healthy life. I understand how hard it is to overcome these afflictions and have made it my life goal to help others. To promote your success, I have invested countless hours into the education, experience and research of neurology, psychiatry, psychoanalysis, and addictionology. I provide office based patient care and specialize in Addiction of many kinds but with one common treatment plan. Success. Whether treating for opioid dependence with Buprenorphine office based treatment, or eating disorders, You will be treated with the same respect that I wanted during my own recovery. My resume' is extensive, but personal understanding of what it feels like is far more valuable to the patients I treat from around the world. Let Me Help You Find Hope in Life and retain the level of life you want so badly. For any more information please visit www.dorseydysart.com"

This content was provided by Dr. Dysart "I. – Evaluation One-hour evaluation-Identify the priorities of the active and underlying issue(s) II. Present Treatment Plan-Present length of treatment, Present intensity of treatment with any required lab testing to check health status. Coexisting medical or psychiatric disorders will be treated initially in addition to the eating or addiction disorder III. – Customized Therapy and Medication- I will conduct the therapy and prescribe medication, if needed, Neurology will be used to understand how the science of the brain plays a part in eating disorders and/or addictions, Psychiatry will be used to understand cognitive and/or emotional interplay in relation to eating disorders and/or addictions, Psychoanalysis will be used to address underlying unconscious aspects that motivate eating disorders and/or addictions, and Addictionology will be used to allow the utilization of all of these different fields of science to address eating disorders and/or addictions."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychoanalysis
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

1 Sanction
  • Noncompliance with a Board Order (6/12/2001)
    Action Taken: Revocation
    Summary: Dorsey Dysart, M.D.

NATURE OF COMPLAINT:

Physician violated the terms and conditions of the Settlement Agreement entered into with the Board effective January 2, 1998. Physician failed to adhere to the terms of his probation agreement with the Board in that he:

1. Consumed alcohol.
    2. Allowed his license to lapse.
    3. Failed to inform the Board of his address and telephone number.
    4. Failed to submit to biological fluid testing; and
    5. Failed to provide status reports from his treating chemical dependency professional.

ACTION TAKEN:

License is REVOKED.

June 7, 2005-License Reinstated

The Board has reinstated the Physician's license and placed the license on ten years Probation.

State: Missouri

• Drury University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1963
    Medical School | Graduated 1967
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1968
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1969

Dr. Dysart has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dysart has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Dysart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dysart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dysart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dysart to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Dysart Says:

I believe in the patient having the right to choose and the right to be informed of all HIPAA rights. It's such a part of my practice that I Co-authored position statement with U.S. Attorneys Generals Office of the Justice Department for presentation to the U.S. Supreme Court, Washington, D.C., April 1990. I also co-authored The Right to Treatment position statement with U.S. Attorneys General...

Dr. Dysart's Performance
in St Louis, MO |
Doctor Dysart's expansive experience in multi-disciplined specialities gives him the knowledge and the authority to accurately prescribe medications to suit the patient's needs. He is conservative in his approach to the use of medications, and in my particular case, has always reduced dosage appropriate to my rate of recovery. I do not doubt for a moment that Dr. Dysart saved my life and for that I shall be eternally grateful. His own experiences give him empathetic insight.
Dr. Dysart is the absolute best! He is the only doctor to make a difference in my life after 12 years and numerous doctors. His accurate diagnosis and proper treatment has truly changed my life. It made a huge difference to have issues explained from a neurological standpoint as well as psychiatric. Dr. Dysart gave me my life back. I never thought it would be possible to be this happy and healthy again and I owe him everything for that.
in Edwardsville, IL |
The best Psychiatrist in Missouri. I have trusted him with my life. I vouch for all he has done
in Kirkwood, MO |
Well, I have only seen this doctor once so far. But that was a fruitful visit: whatever issues with ADD I could not combat for years,after starting on his medication/supplement regimen I feel like I have been rejuvenated and calm, yet energetic. It's amazing! I was desperate when I came to him, prior doctor's meds made me feel on edge, not composed, attentive and alert. He clearly knows his stuff, and I have been to a few top notch drs before and CAN compare the quality of services. Kudos!
in St Louis, MO |
very quick to over prescribe! for any issue he prescribes strong medicine for years. This may help junkies, they may WANT to come to him but for people who care about their mental health this is a bad mistake!
Have you seen Dr. Dorsey Dysart, MD?
Are you Dr. Dysart?