Dr. Dorothy C. Serna, MD

Dr. Dorothy C. Serna, MD

Internal Medicine | Female | 46 years old

As an Internal Medicine Physician, I provide Comprehensive Care for adults. I manage Chronic Illnesses but also focus a lot of attention on Wellness and Prevention and helping patients to adopt a healthy lifestyle and make positive changes that will really improve their overall health. http://www.northcypressinternalmedicine.com/ http://www.northcypresswellness.comRead more

Dr. Serna's Experience

See how Dr. Serna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Serna

Dr. Serna accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Serna has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Serna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Serna to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Serna
Dr. Serna's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (182)
in Tomball,Tx |
She is a very caring doctor that is very good with her patients
in Cypress, TX |
Always very thorough and truly cares about my overall wellbeing.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna is extremely thorough. She is very dedicated to the complete health of her patients. She has weekly seminars for her patients in order to educate them about how our diet affects all aspects of our health. Her entire office staff is very helpful.
in Houston, Tx |
Well, I am patient of Dr. Serna's, how every I saw Stacey Gibilterra, FNP. She was the most professional person I have seen in a long time. She understood how I felt and worked with me to get the proper medicine. She made the office so much better, because as you all know, going to the doctor is not a activity people enjoy. However, Stacy made the experience so comforting even though you actual fill terrible. I recommend this office to everyone.
in Houston, TX |
I have been coming to Dr. Serna for almost 15 years. I would never consider seeing anyone else. In my opinion she is by far the best doctor out there. I know at times I test her patience but if it was not for her, I probably would not be her. Dr. Serna, you are the greatest. Thank you.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna and Dr. Englund treated me when I was in a motorcycle accident. I developed blood clots in my lungs a week after the accident. When I was in her office, she detected that something was wrong, had a CT scan done and found the blood clots. I was admitted at North Cypress Medical and both doctors treated me for 10 days and saved my life. These doctors and their staff are dedicated professionals. I would highly recommend these doctors and from the receptionist, admin, and nurses!
in Cypress, TX |
She has taken care of me and my husband for many years. She may be our doctor, but we consider her a friend. She saved me from being hooked on prescription drugs from other doctors who were over subscribing medication to treat my fibromyalgia and depression. I knew she was my husband doctor, so I just walked into her office crying and she took me in. She got me off most of my medication and has closely monitored my health ever since. I trust her with all me heart.
in Houston, Texas |
She is a brisk and straight arrow doctor. She addresses the problems and put action to patience need. Her office staffs are responsive and efficient. Good clean environment and minimal waiting time. I would definitely recommend this quality practice to others.
in Tomball,TX |
After changing primary care doctor several time because they would not communicate with my specialist, I found Dr. Serna and her wonderful staff. Dr Serna does not just treat your illness. They are interested in how they can make your way of life better. Thorough seminars, counseling, and support. I have an illness that is not really understood by most physicians.
in Cypress , TX |
I have been Dr. Serna's patient for many years and have chronic illnesses that cause me to be very ill at times. Dr. Serna is very hands-on in the treatment of my health care and ongoing health issues.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna is one of the most kind and compassionate medical professionals I've ever had. She is always willing to listen to your concerns and works with you to find the optimum solution for your health. I never feel rushed or get the feeling she is there just to pass me along so she can get to the next patient.
in Houston, TX |
She is one of the BEST doctors I have ever had. She is very through and shows a genuine concern for whatever your problem is. She is also very attentive, never rushes thru her time with you and always documents you visit and give you a copy of what was discussed during the visit. She always provides EXCELLENT care.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna is a very caring and Excellent Doctor. She takes time with the patient and answers all questions so that they understand the explanation. She listens to the patient and their concerns. She accepts the choices patients make about treatment. The office staff is Exceptional. They are very Caring, Courteous and Helpful with scheduling appointments and billing information.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna has been my physician for over 15 years. I am a nurse and I worked with her at a local hospital. I liked her and chose her for my personal physician. I have had some illnesses that required a physician over the weekend and she was reachable and helpful. She even phoned to see how I was the next day. All of her office staff are friendly and efficient. I especially like the Nurse Practitioners and am comfortable seeing them. We have recommended her to friends and family members.
in CYPRESS, TX |
She is great. She cares, and her staff are wonderful, too!
in Houston, TX |
Very professional and thorough. Takes time to explain medical terms and gives patients a summary of visit that is easily understood. Concentrates on wellness and lifestyle changes to enhance your health. She has been my PCP for over ten years. Dr. Serna's staff is very supportive and compliments her efforts very well.
in Houston, TX |
Helps me understand what is happening with Lab results. Explains in detail. Cares about my health today and preventative measures to take to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
in Houston, TX |
Warm, caring personality. Very through with questions and exam.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna and her staff have been wonderful from the very beginning. I find all of them very easy to talk to and they always take the time to listen. Everyone is very detailed. After, an appointment with Dr. Serna I always have a healing game plan.
in Houston, TX 77070 |
I have never had a doctor that showed so much compassion and interest in my health as Dr Serna and her staff does. I always appreciate the time she spends with me to be sure we have all my concerns addressed. Even her staff has always been professional and caring. I would recommend her to any one of my family and friends.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna is very thorough., very clinical and professional. Sometimes I have a hard time following as she speaks very fast. It would be helpful if she could explain diagnoses and symptoms more in layman's terms. I appreciate her state of the art services such as "patient portal" use.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna is a very conscientious doctor and I recommend her to everyone and I do mean everyone. My husband, who would NEVER go to a doctor, is now her patient. We dearly love her!
in Cypress, TX |
I consider Dr. Serna to be the finest doctor I have had the good fortune to establish a patient doctor relationship with. She is very thorough in her examinations and dedicated in searching the true cause of an ailment. She is never rushed and I leave feeling that I have been heard and comfortable that the method of treatment is exactly what is needed. She is very professional yet compassionate and caring. My whole family trusts her with their health. Thank you Dr. Serna.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Serna is an exceptional professional with a degree of CARING that goes beyond the typical Doctor/Patient relationship. Her approach is instructional and collaborative. After each visit I feel that I understand better what steps WE are taking (she and I) to address my medical issues.
New Braunfels, Texas |
We are a couple both over 65 and Dr. Serna is the best doctor we have ever seen. Dr. Serna and her staff are very professional, friends, organized and caring.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna and her staff have changed my life for the better .Dr .Serna has given me the desire and courage to eat better ,move more , and strive to make my life better . I am healthier and happier since I became her patient 6 years ago .
in Cypress, TX |
Prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient
in Houston, TX |
She is through in the time she spends with you. Never feel rushed. The visits are always on a two way discussion. If I agree or disagree. There is nothing I can't discuss. Encourages classes to help me better aid my health. Sugar detox which I was not crazy about has helped me. Plant based food has also aided in my health. I am eating healthier than before. Never had a complaint about her staff. The ones who have been there longer are like old friends. New staff are friendly and kind.
in Cypress, TX |
She is competent, thorough, spends time with her patients, explains things, and encourages healthy living.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna is all about listening to my health problems, and she treats accordingly. She is always willing to change a medication that could be troublesome with side effects, and concerned about cost. Dr. Serna has been my Dr. for many years. She gives classes in her office for living a better lifestyle, has increased my medical knowledge, and even shared wonderful healthy recipes. I truly believe there is not a more caring Dr. in all of Houston.
in Cypress, TX |
Have been a patient of Dr. Serna for 17 years and she is fantastic. She listens, she's knowledgeable, and uses specialists selectively.
in Houston, TX |
Very favorably impressed with the professionalism of Dr. Serna and her staff. My health business was taken care of in a most timely fashion.
in Cypress, TX |
She has been my personal doctor for 10 years providing excellent care. If there is any concern that she feels a specialist is beneficial, then she has not hestated to recommend such a follow-up. Her staff is also very friendly and helpful as well.
in Spring, TX |
Successfully Solved all my medical problems for over 10 years and some serious Sends one to a specialist when required Competent staff Recommended a diabetic trainer to help in my control which was a great success Pleasant person Excellent office environment-staff are all friendly and helpful
in Tomball, tx |
She is very thorough and also consider my opinion. I value her advice always. She has excellent bed side manner. Thank you Dr Serna
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna actually takes the time to listen to me (the patient). She addressed all of my concerns and made a recommendation or some sort of action plan for each concern. Then when I had a follow up visit she actually looked at the notes from the previous visit to see how that problem or concern has progressed or is resolved. She provides practical solutions and works with me on what I am willing to try (medicine, PT, no medicine, etc). I love her holistic approach before going to meds.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna goes beyond the normal process of check-ups and office visits, by encouraging personal responsibility and taking charge of your own health.
in Houston, Texas |
Dr. Serna is an excellent Doctor. My husband and I have not come across any other doctors who take the time, make sure everything is documented, review what was documented and then to provide a printed report of the office visit, instructions and medication prescribed and follow up.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna is communicative and knowledgeable. She takes extra time and effort to make sure you are included in plans, diagnosis, and treatments. She is on top of my medical history and aids in future treatments.
in Houstonia, MO |
Dr. Serna has built a very trusting relationship with me and always keeps up to date on my condition. Very professional at all times and I would highly recommend her to anyone.
in Hempstead, TX |
Dr. Serna inspires confidence by her professional, intelligent, manner. She is extremely proactive in motivated patients to take care of themselves and enjoy good health through healthy eating and exercise. I trust her. The staff (Lata) is very sweet and Sean, her medical assistant is friendly and very helpful.
Wonderful! A caring and loving physician and staff. No rush, always patient. Willing to let u ask questions. Very positive reinforcement on progress with other health goals. Believes in the importance of a health lifestyle and routine as well as curing the illness.
in TOMBALL, TEXAS 77377 |
SHE CARES!!!! WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, SEE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND TELL YOU IN PLAIN ENGLISH HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SPECIFIC PROBLEM(s). ALWAYS PLEASANT AND CONSIDERATE. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO TELL ANYONE JUST HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ONE OF HER PATIENTS. I LOVE THE FACT SHE ALSO HELPS WITH LIFESTYLE AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS TO CREATE BETTER HEALTH. GREAT STAFF ALSO!! MOST SINCERELY, PAT DURHAM
Have you seen Dr. Dorothy C. Serna, MD?
Are you Dr. Serna?

Compare Dr. Serna

Dr. Serna's Care Philosophy

Dr. Serna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Serna has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Serna's Board Certifications

Baylor College Of Med

Completed in 1997

University of Florida

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Serna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Serna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Chronic Diabetes Management
  • Vaccination
  • Wellness Coaching
  • Wellness Examination

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.