Dr. Dorothy C. Serna, MD

Dr. Dorothy C. Serna, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

North Cypress Internal Medicine & Wellness 21216 Northwest Fwy Ste 420, Cypress, TX 77429 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Serna's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Serna's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Serna

Dr. Serna accepts 6 insurance carriers

6 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Serna has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Serna

Dr. Serna's Review Details
4.8 based on 173 responses
Experience with Dr. Serna
Dr. Serna's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (163)
in Cypress, TX |
Everyone in the office takes the time to listen to my concerns. They never make me feel rushed and are truly interested in keeping me healthy. The best care I have experienced in my 60 + years!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna and her staff have changed my life for the better .Dr .Serna has given me the desire and courage to eat better ,move more , and strive to make my life better . I am healthier and happier since I became her patient 6 years ago .
in Cypress, TX |
Prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient
in Houston, TX |
She is through in the time she spends with you. Never feel rushed. The visits are always on a two way discussion. If I agree or disagree. There is nothing I can't discuss. Encourages classes to help me better aid my health. Sugar detox which I was not crazy about has helped me. Plant based food has also aided in my health. I am eating healthier than before. Never had a complaint about her staff. The ones who have been there longer are like old friends. New staff are friendly and kind.
in Cypress, TX |
She is competent, thorough, spends time with her patients, explains things, and encourages healthy living.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna is all about listening to my health problems, and she treats accordingly. She is always willing to change a medication that could be troublesome with side effects, and concerned about cost. Dr. Serna has been my Dr. for many years. She gives classes in her office for living a better lifestyle, has increased my medical knowledge, and even shared wonderful healthy recipes. I truly believe there is not a more caring Dr. in all of Houston.
in Cypress, TX |
Have been a patient of Dr. Serna for 17 years and she is fantastic. She listens, she's knowledgeable, and uses specialists selectively.
in Houston, TX |
Very favorably impressed with the professionalism of Dr. Serna and her staff. My health business was taken care of in a most timely fashion.
in Cypress, TX |
She has been my personal doctor for 10 years providing excellent care. If there is any concern that she feels a specialist is beneficial, then she has not hestated to recommend such a follow-up. Her staff is also very friendly and helpful as well.
in Spring, TX |
Successfully Solved all my medical problems for over 10 years and some serious Sends one to a specialist when required Competent staff Recommended a diabetic trainer to help in my control which was a great success Pleasant person Excellent office environment-staff are all friendly and helpful
in Tomball, tx |
She is very thorough and also consider my opinion. I value her advice always. She has excellent bed side manner. Thank you Dr Serna
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna actually takes the time to listen to me (the patient). She addressed all of my concerns and made a recommendation or some sort of action plan for each concern. Then when I had a follow up visit she actually looked at the notes from the previous visit to see how that problem or concern has progressed or is resolved. She provides practical solutions and works with me on what I am willing to try (medicine, PT, no medicine, etc). I love her holistic approach before going to meds.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Serna goes beyond the normal process of check-ups and office visits, by encouraging personal responsibility and taking charge of your own health.
in Houston, Texas |
Dr. Serna is an excellent Doctor. My husband and I have not come across any other doctors who take the time, make sure everything is documented, review what was documented and then to provide a printed report of the office visit, instructions and medication prescribed and follow up.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Serna is communicative and knowledgeable. She takes extra time and effort to make sure you are included in plans, diagnosis, and treatments. She is on top of my medical history and aids in future treatments.
in Cypress, TX |
I am a long-time patient of Dr. Serna's (apx. 20 yrs.) with chronic illnesses, which often lead to other complications . She watches over me diligently in spite of my.......she calls it stubbornness, I call it independence. LOL She is a great doctor, very professional. Serious about her practice of medicine.
in Houstonia, MO |
Dr. Serna has built a very trusting relationship with me and always keeps up to date on my condition. Very professional at all times and I would highly recommend her to anyone.
in Hempstead, TX |
Dr. Serna inspires confidence by her professional, intelligent, manner. She is extremely proactive in motivated patients to take care of themselves and enjoy good health through healthy eating and exercise. I trust her. The staff (Lata) is very sweet and Sean, her medical assistant is friendly and very helpful.
Wonderful! A caring and loving physician and staff. No rush, always patient. Willing to let u ask questions. Very positive reinforcement on progress with other health goals. Believes in the importance of a health lifestyle and routine as well as curing the illness.
in TOMBALL, TEXAS 77377 |
SHE CARES!!!! WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, SEE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND TELL YOU IN PLAIN ENGLISH HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SPECIFIC PROBLEM(s). ALWAYS PLEASANT AND CONSIDERATE. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO TELL ANYONE JUST HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ONE OF HER PATIENTS. I LOVE THE FACT SHE ALSO HELPS WITH LIFESTYLE AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS TO CREATE BETTER HEALTH. GREAT STAFF ALSO!! MOST SINCERELY, PAT DURHAM
Have you seen Dr. Serna?
Are you Dr. Serna? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Serna

Baylor College Of Med

Completed in 1997

University Of Florida

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Serna has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Serna does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Serna and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Serna's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Serna

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Serna's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Serna

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Serna's Care Philosophy

As an Internal Medicine Physician, I provide Comprehensive Care for adults. I manage Chronic Illnesses but also focus a lot of attention on Wellness and Prevention and helping patients to adopt a healthy lifestyle and make positive changes that will really improve their overall health. http://www.northcypressinternalmedicine.com/ http://www.northcypresswellness.com