Dr. Dorothy Merritt, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Merritt's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Merritt's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Internal Medicinenull

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Merritt

Dr. Merritt accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Merritt has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Merritt

Dr. Merritt's Review Details
      3.9 based on 33 responses
      Experience with Dr. Merritt
      Dr. Merritt's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (30)
      in Baytown, TX |
      Experience was amazing. As a new patient Dr. Merrit and staff treated me with the upmost respect. suffering from a lot of anxiety & depression, I never felt judged or as if I was a bother. Dr. Merrit using not only traditional medicine thinks outside the box, and, is not afraid to do so! Thanks for excepting me as your new patient.. I really appreciate it!
      in League City, TX |
      Dr. Merritt is the BEST physician with whom I've ever been a patient! I so appreciate her down to earth approach to health questions & willingness to let patients be a part of determining best treatment, tailored to the individual. She is a very comforting, non judgmental caregiver who stays current in her research; knowledgeable, experienced & confident but refreshingly humble enough to remain open to new data & discussion. If she wasn't my doctor this is someone I'd certainly want as a friend.
      in Pearland, TX |
      I've been going to Dr. Merritt for many years. She's been the best doctor for my thyroid issues. (I tried two others before her that I hated.) She's down to earth and holistic; not a pill pusher. I am not sure why she moved to St. Elizabeth. Like the other reviews, I have not been that pleased with the staff there. One nurse who was taking my blood pressure would not even look at me, so I made sure to say, "Hi, how are you doing today?" and she spoke to me. I am not going to give up on Dr M yet.
      in League City, TX |
      I am a long time pt of Dr Merritt. The new office has very RUDE staff. They want their $ up front even from established pt's. Office Visit is double the price now. They add on extra procedures and do not inform you. I was told I was the only one that had a problem with the new staff, until I saw this site. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as I had long term black mold exposure with classic toxicity symptoms and received a multitude of antidepressants for my treatment... for 8 years...
      in League City, Tx |
      I cannot express enough the highest quality of treatment & care Dr. Merritt gives to everyone of her patients, she will not give up until finding the root of your illness or the cause thereof! I have been a patient of hers for close to 10 years & I am worried about my continued care since she left her Texas City Practice! The new office where she is now practicing, Accepts Medicare but refuses to accept all types of Medicaid incldg(QMB) such an in justice to my quality care w/her! :(
      in Friendswood, TX |
      New staff is rude and unprofessional. It is impossible to get a nurse on the phone or to get a nurse to return a call. It is unfortunate that a great doctor has such horrible staff working for her. After many years I will be looking for a new doctor.
      in Lake Jackson Tx 77566 |
      Dr Merritt takes the time to explain what she feels is the best treatment for what you came in for. She also explains what she thinks is causing the ailment. She does not try to rush you out of her office and always asks if you have any questions. In my case she had me go to her assistant, Greg. He is equally thorough and explains everything he is doing to help you get where you need to be.The 2 of them I would and do highly recommend to my friends. It was a friend of mine that recommended them.
      Dr Merritt is a fantastic Doctor. The new office is too crowded and loud, the staff too many, unempathetic and rude. There is NO sign that says cash and credit card only. Well my credit card is on order due to the new card chip defect and I don't normally carry large amounts of cash to pay for visit. I had a check and was declined a visit.
      Have you seen Dr. Merritt?
      Are you Dr. Merritt? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Why It Matters: Dr. Merritt's Board Certifications

• Asthma
      • Congestive Heart Failure
      • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
      • Depression

Baylor University

Completed in 1987

University of Kansas / Main Campus

Graduated in 1979

Dr. Merritt has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Merritt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
      • Board certified in Internal Medicine
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Merritt

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Merritt's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Merritt

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Merritt's Care Philosophy

I am an internist who practices primary care, but is passionate about getting to root causes of disease. I integrate preventative, nutritional, genomic and environmental medcine into day to day practice. In addition to primary care, I do IV EDTA Chelation , Nexalin Tx for mood and sleep disorders, Microcurrent for pain, Electrogastrograms for IBS, noninvasive MCGs for heart evals, Thermography and Esteck Body Scans. I love working with a challenging patient who wants to get well.