Dr. Dorothy Merritt, MD

Dr. Dorothy Merritt, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Dr. Dorothy Merritt, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Dickinson, TX. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Merritt is affiliated with Mainland Medical Center and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.

St Elizabeth's Family Care

676 FM 517 Rd W

Dickinson, TX 77539

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Three Rivers Provider Network

Learn about Dr. Merritt

I am an internist who practices primary care, but is passionate about getting to root causes of disease. I integrate preventative, nutritional, genomic and environmental medcine into day to day practice. In addition to primary care, I do IV EDTA Chelation , Nexalin Tx for mood and sleep disorders, Microcurrent for pain, Electrogastrograms for IBS, noninvasive MCGs for heart evals, Thermography and Esteck Body Scans. I love working with a challenging patient who wants to get well.

Dr. Merritt's Experience

Dr. Merritt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• Baylor Affil Hosps
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Baylor University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Merritt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Merritt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Merritt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Merritt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Merritt to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Merritt's Performance
Spring, TX |
Bad Doctor, BAD CLINIC! Lots of unsatisfied customers.
in PORTER, TX |
I WOULD RECOMMEND DR MERRITT TO ALL.SHE HAS DONE A WONDERFUL JOB WITH MYSELF & MY WIFE.MY WIFE COULD NOT HARDLY EAT ANYTHING WITHOUT HAVING TREMENDOUS PAIN AFTER. THIS WENT ON FOR MORE THAN 25 YEARS . DR MERRITT SAW HER & DISCUSSED HER SYMPTOMS & AFTER JUST A FEW VISITS, MY WIFE CAN NOW EAT A LOT MORE FOODS WITHOUT ANY DISCOMFORT. HER NEXT VISIT SHE HUGGED DR MERRITT & THANKED HER FOR ALL SHE DID. DR MERRITT HAS DONE A LOT FOR ME ALSO .I HAD HIGH LEAD LEVELS & SHE TOOK CARE OF THAT.SHE CARES !!
in San Leon, TX |
First visit very informative. Nurse taking info and PA were both nice and didn't make me feel rushed. Good experience.
in Baytown |
She explain all test and how the body works and she will use alternative ways to treat your illness . Dr. Merritt also treat illness with CHELATION THERAPY. Its a wonderful THERAPY .
in Galveston, Texas |
Dr. Merritt is extremely aware of how drugs act and relate to each individual patient. She has holistic knowledge and stays up on what is new and inventive. She is upbeat and observant of the individual patient and doesn't treat you like a number. The physican's assistant ( or student PA) takes the history and does the 1st inventory. She moved in January 2016 and I am not thrilled with the lack of patient priority from the employees and management at her new office. I understand one was new.
in League City, TX |
This woman is an absolute criminal. There is no way else to put it. My wife has been taking Adderall for several years now. She went in for a routine 90 day prescription. Merritt said that they had a new policy and that she was required to make all of her Adderall patients pee into a cup. We just received a bill in the mail for a $17k pee test! Yes, you read that right! Seventeen thousand dollars! She insists the charge is legit! We will never pay this bill! I will fight this bill to my death!
in Texas City, TX |
I am not exactly a layman. I had 9 years experience as a registered Medical Technologist and am pretty familiar with some of the ins and out. Dr. Merritt is the best physician I have ever been around. She is straight to the point and extremely knowlegable and there is nothing else I can say except she is absolutely great. Anyone not using her is really missing the boat.
Pasadena, TX |
I heard she was a great diagnostician and no one could figure out why I had migraines. I brought blood test results with me. Dr. Merritt came in, glanced at the blood work and told me that one test was out of range. She reached into a cabinet and literally threw a box of medicine at me. She said, Take these, you'll feel better and walked out. Didn't listen to my heart, look in my ears, nothing. The meds didn't work and I wouldn't go back, even if they did. Worst doc I've ever been to.
in Baytown, TX |
Experience was amazing. As a new patient Dr. Merrit and staff treated me with the upmost respect. suffering from a lot of anxiety & depression, I never felt judged or as if I was a bother. Dr. Merrit using not only traditional medicine thinks outside the box, and, is not afraid to do so! Thanks for excepting me as your new patient.. I really appreciate it!
in League City, TX |
Dr. Merritt is the BEST physician with whom I've ever been a patient! I so appreciate her down to earth approach to health questions & willingness to let patients be a part of determining best treatment, tailored to the individual. She is a very comforting, non judgmental caregiver who stays current in her research; knowledgeable, experienced & confident but refreshingly humble enough to remain open to new data & discussion. If she wasn't my doctor this is someone I'd certainly want as a friend.
in Pearland, TX |
I've been going to Dr. Merritt for many years. She's been the best doctor for my thyroid issues. (I tried two others before her that I hated.) She's down to earth and holistic; not a pill pusher. I am not sure why she moved to St. Elizabeth. Like the other reviews, I have not been that pleased with the staff there. One nurse who was taking my blood pressure would not even look at me, so I made sure to say, Hi, how are you doing today? and she spoke to me. I am not going to give up on Dr M yet.
in League City, TX |
I am a long time pt of Dr Merritt. The new office has very RUDE staff. They want their $ up front even from established pt's. Office Visit is double the price now. They add on extra procedures and do not inform you. I was told I was the only one that had a problem with the new staff, until I saw this site. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as I had long term black mold exposure with classic toxicity symptoms and received a multitude of antidepressants for my treatment... for 8 years...
in League City, Tx |
I cannot express enough the highest quality of treatment & care Dr. Merritt gives to everyone of her patients, she will not give up until finding the root of your illness or the cause thereof! I have been a patient of hers for close to 10 years & I am worried about my continued care since she left her Texas City Practice! The new office where she is now practicing, Accepts Medicare but refuses to accept all types of Medicaid incldg(QMB) such an in justice to my quality care w/her! :(
in Friendswood, TX |
New staff is rude and unprofessional. It is impossible to get a nurse on the phone or to get a nurse to return a call. It is unfortunate that a great doctor has such horrible staff working for her. After many years I will be looking for a new doctor.
in Lake Jackson Tx 77566 |
Dr Merritt takes the time to explain what she feels is the best treatment for what you came in for. She also explains what she thinks is causing the ailment. She does not try to rush you out of her office and always asks if you have any questions. In my case she had me go to her assistant, Greg. He is equally thorough and explains everything he is doing to help you get where you need to be.The 2 of them I would and do highly recommend to my friends. It was a friend of mine that recommended them.
Dr Merritt is a fantastic Doctor. The new office is too crowded and loud, the staff too many, unempathetic and rude. There is NO sign that says cash and credit card only. Well my credit card is on order due to the new card chip defect and I don't normally carry large amounts of cash to pay for visit. I had a check and was declined a visit.
Have you seen Dr. Dorothy Merritt, MD?
Are you Dr. Merritt?

Visit Dr. Merritt

Dr. Merritt accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group