Dr. Doreen Chung, MD

Urology •  Female • Age 41

Telehealth services available

Dr. Doreen Chung, MD is a Urology Specialist in New York, NY and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Chung has more experience with Urologic Surgery than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University of Toronto / Faculty of Medicine medical school in 2003. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chung to book an appointment.

Columbia University Medical Center Urology

New Patient?
Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington Ave Fl 11 New York, NY 10032

More Urology Specialists at Columbia University Medical Center Urology

Dr. Chung's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chung

4.2

Dr. Chung?
Excellent dr. Excellent surgeon. Bless hands. I would recommend her with my eyes closed. The best of all, she is a compassionate human being.
Nathalie Springer – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I saw Dr.Chung in august for a prolapse surgery. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Chung. She is the ultimate professional while being extremely cognoscent of her patients’ fears and concerns.She is one doctor that a person can trust to do the job and care about the patient for months afterword
Susan Obrien – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I am so happy that I found Dr. Chung. I had seen several urologists about my enlarged prostate issues and no one was able to help me. Finally Dr. Chung did a special laser prostate surgery and I am cured! I am urinating like a 25 year old. She was excellent at explaining the procedure to me and what to expect afterwards. I am so grateful.
Jason G – May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
5 stars for Dr. Chung. She's smart, kind and a careful surgeon. She might be late for your appt because she takes more time with her patients, so bring a book. She won't prescribe antibiotics unless they're absolutely necessary. She also accepts as many kinds of insurance as she can (including our limited one) because she believes docs shouldn't only treat the well-off. This is a hard time to be a doctor and I so appreciate her. The staff at Allen is also terrific.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung did surgery on me in May 2018 and my recovery has been phenomenal. I have had a few follow up appointments and everything is still going well. I have just recommended my mother to her as well. I love Dr. Chung, office is always willing to help with any questions and if she isn’t currently available - someone will call you back with an answer. For any urology issues, SHE IS THE ONE ! I’m called within 10 minutes of being in the office!!!!
Dulcely Soto in New York, NY – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I saw Dr Chung for an enlarged prostate that was affecting urine flow and emptying bladder. Dr Chung ran multiple tests to diagnos my condition in order to determine the appropriate treatment . I elected to undergo laser evaporation of my prostate and due to a rare anatomical condition was recommended to undergo a second surgical procedure . Thanks to Dr Chung my quality of life has dramatically improved . I highly recommend her to anyone who is need of a skilled and caring Doctor.
John in NY – Sep 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
if u have a day to spend in a waiting room, by all means schedule an appointment. I waited for 2 1/2 hrs & there were still 2 patients ahead of me!! My appointment was at the Allen hospital. I don’t know how 168 st is. Her staff wasn’t great either. Quite curt! I left & did not see the doctor.
Maggie in Ny, NY – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung has been our Urologist for 4 years during the most challenging period we have faced regarding urological health concerns including bladder issues, kidney issues, and the treatment of infections that required hospitalizations, Dr. Chung has been our trusted provider and surrogate family member. Dr. Chung is highly skilled and has performed various surgical procedures for us. Her advice and explanations are always conducted patiently, empathetically, and using understandable language.
Bill B. in Bronx, NY – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
She is super caring and the most compassionate surgeon I have ever seen. I had a sling procedure with her and was very pleased with the results. I would highly recommend her!
Jennifer in Edgewater – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung was the most honest Dr. I have ever seen. She made me feel that I would get better and have a better life then before. I know my surgery was not an easy one either. I cannot thank her enough for taking me on as a patient!
Jennifer A. in Chappaqua, NY – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is fantastic! I highly recommend her.
Ingrid O. in New York, NY – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I had an enlarged prostate and could only urinate by shoving a catheter into my urethra. Dr. Chung gave me several diagnostic tests and then performed surgery to ridicule the size of my prostate. She did an excellent job and the surgery was successful. Dr. Chung is also a kind, compassionate person with an excellent bedside manner.
David Levine in Bronx, NY – Dec 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I was pleased with my experience with Dr Chung. She was very informative with my diagnosis, explaining in layman terms so I wouldn't get lost in medical jargon. You can tell she cares with the questions she asks to get the appropriate tests performed as to not just send you to get tests done for the sake of getting tests done.
Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
My experice with Dr. Chung was excellent. She took her time explaining and making sure that I understood my dignosis and the next steps to be followed. She was caring and personable, open to answer any questions I had. I would recommend Dr. Chung to everyone.
New York – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is extremely personable. She spent a lot of time with me and was very thorough in her approach to providing care. The surgery she performed yielded excellent results, and now I'm enjoying life...and not going to the bathroom 6 times a night!!!
Janice in Scarsdale, NY – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Great doctor and very talented surgeon. My uncle had a major prostate problem which was misdiagnosed and improperly treated at a fancy hospital on the Upper East Side who told him he might have to live the rest of his life with a catheter in his bladder. We insisted he go to Columbia where he was lucky enough to meet Dr. Chung. She carefully explained his options and did a fantastic job. He can now pass urine without a catheter with no incontinence or sexual side effects. Thank you!!
San Francisco, CA – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is an AMAZING urologist. Actually she is the urologist other urologist would go to, so I've been told. She is kind, patient, intelligent, and just a fantastic surgeon. I have nothing but the best things to say about her. I'm extremely happy with the care I received and would recommend her in a heartbeat.
S.S in New York, NY – Feb 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is an incredible, caring, compassionate, and friendly doctor. Very knowledgeable and goes above and beyond for you. She answered all of my questions and never rushed me at any of my appointments. She even drew pictures to show me to explain waht was happening. Diagnosis, surgery, and follow-ups were all handled perfectly by Dr. Chung She's an exceptional doctor and person.
Manny R in New York, NY – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I love Dr. Chung. She fixed my prolapse and incontinence and my quality of life is so much improved. She has excellent bedside manner and explained to me in detail what to expect before surgery. She was very thorough and answered all my questions. The surgery itself was so much easier than I thought it would be. All the staff at the office and hospital were lovely as well.
Meredith in New York, NY – Jan 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Be careful when visiting this doctor. She is not good. All she matters is about money. About a year ago, I went to see her by recommendation of another female physician. After a bunch of exams, she did a cystoscopy on me and I got an infection by the use of the catheter. She prescribed antibiotics. I suffer from enlarged prostate. The funny thing is that this doctor is supposed to be a urologist and the first prescription she wrote was Ranitidine 150 mg. This medication is for stomach problems
Carlos Coronado in Bronx, NY – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chung?

Dr. Chung accepts

Dr. Chung accepts the following insurance:

Affinity Health Plan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Connecticare
EmblemHealth
GHI HMO
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
VNS Choice
WellCare

No malpractice claims found for New York

Urologic Surgery

Urologic surgery treats conditions affecting the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive system through procedures including cystectomy (bladder removal), prostatectomy (prostate removal), and pelvic reconstruction.

Typically treats 74% more than their peers

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cystectomy
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Urology