Dr. Doreen Chung, MD

Dr. Doreen Chung, MD

Urology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Doreen Chung, MD is an urology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 10 years. She specializes in urology and female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery.Read her story

Columbia University Medical Center Urology

• Cystectomy
  • Cystometry
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Female Pelvic Disorders
  • Female Urinary Stress Incontinence
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Vesicovaginal Fistula

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Urology

4.2

Dr. Chung?
Dr. Chung's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Doreen Chung, MD
I am so happy that I found Dr. Chung. I had seen several urologists about my enlarged prostate issues and no one was able to help me. Finally Dr. Chung did a special laser prostate surgery and I am cured! I am urinating like a 25 year old. She was excellent at explaining the procedure to me and what to expect afterwards. I am so grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
5 stars for Dr. Chung. She's smart, kind and a careful surgeon. She might be late for your appt because she takes more time with her patients, so bring a book. She won't prescribe antibiotics unless they're absolutely necessary. She also accepts as many kinds of insurance as she can (including our limited one) because she believes docs shouldn't only treat the well-off. This is a hard time to be a doctor and I so appreciate her. The staff at Allen is also terrific.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung did surgery on me in May 2018 and my recovery has been phenomenal. I have had a few follow up appointments and everything is still going well. I have just recommended my mother to her as well. I love Dr. Chung, office is always willing to help with any questions and if she isn’t currently available - someone will call you back with an answer. For any urology issues, SHE IS THE ONE ! I’m called within 10 minutes of being in the office!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I saw Dr Chung for an enlarged prostate that was affecting urine flow and emptying bladder. Dr Chung ran multiple tests to diagnos my condition in order to determine the appropriate treatment . I elected to undergo laser evaporation of my prostate and due to a rare anatomical condition was recommended to undergo a second surgical procedure . Thanks to Dr Chung my quality of life has dramatically improved . I highly recommend her to anyone who is need of a skilled and caring Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
if u have a day to spend in a waiting room, by all means schedule an appointment. I waited for 2 1/2 hrs & there were still 2 patients ahead of me!! My appointment was at the Allen hospital. I don’t know how 168 st is. Her staff wasn’t great either. Quite curt! I left & did not see the doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung has been our Urologist for 4 years during the most challenging period we have faced regarding urological health concerns including bladder issues, kidney issues, and the treatment of infections that required hospitalizations, Dr. Chung has been our trusted provider and surrogate family member. Dr. Chung is highly skilled and has performed various surgical procedures for us. Her advice and explanations are always conducted patiently, empathetically, and using understandable language.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
She is super caring and the most compassionate surgeon I have ever seen. I had a sling procedure with her and was very pleased with the results. I would highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung was the most honest Dr. I have ever seen. She made me feel that I would get better and have a better life then before. I know my surgery was not an easy one either. I cannot thank her enough for taking me on as a patient!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is fantastic! I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I had an enlarged prostate and could only urinate by shoving a catheter into my urethra. Dr. Chung gave me several diagnostic tests and then performed surgery to ridicule the size of my prostate. She did an excellent job and the surgery was successful. Dr. Chung is also a kind, compassionate person with an excellent bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I was pleased with my experience with Dr Chung. She was very informative with my diagnosis, explaining in layman terms so I wouldn't get lost in medical jargon. You can tell she cares with the questions she asks to get the appropriate tests performed as to not just send you to get tests done for the sake of getting tests done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
My experice with Dr. Chung was excellent. She took her time explaining and making sure that I understood my dignosis and the next steps to be followed. She was caring and personable, open to answer any questions I had. I would recommend Dr. Chung to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is extremely personable. She spent a lot of time with me and was very thorough in her approach to providing care. The surgery she performed yielded excellent results, and now I'm enjoying life...and not going to the bathroom 6 times a night!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Great doctor and very talented surgeon. My uncle had a major prostate problem which was misdiagnosed and improperly treated at a fancy hospital on the Upper East Side who told him he might have to live the rest of his life with a catheter in his bladder. We insisted he go to Columbia where he was lucky enough to meet Dr. Chung. She carefully explained his options and did a fantastic job. He can now pass urine without a catheter with no incontinence or sexual side effects. Thank you!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is an AMAZING urologist. Actually she is the urologist other urologist would go to, so I've been told. She is kind, patient, intelligent, and just a fantastic surgeon. I have nothing but the best things to say about her. I'm extremely happy with the care I received and would recommend her in a heartbeat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Dr. Chung is an incredible, caring, compassionate, and friendly doctor. Very knowledgeable and goes above and beyond for you. She answered all of my questions and never rushed me at any of my appointments. She even drew pictures to show me to explain waht was happening. Diagnosis, surgery, and follow-ups were all handled perfectly by Dr. Chung She's an exceptional doctor and person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
I love Dr. Chung. She fixed my prolapse and incontinence and my quality of life is so much improved. She has excellent bedside manner and explained to me in detail what to expect before surgery. She was very thorough and answered all my questions. The surgery itself was so much easier than I thought it would be. All the staff at the office and hospital were lovely as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Be careful when visiting this doctor. She is not good. All she matters is about money. About a year ago, I went to see her by recommendation of another female physician. After a bunch of exams, she did a cystoscopy on me and I got an infection by the use of the catheter. She prescribed antibiotics. I suffer from enlarged prostate. The funny thing is that this doctor is supposed to be a urologist and the first prescription she wrote was Ranitidine 150 mg. This medication is for stomach problems
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
One of the best urologists I have ever seen. Dr. Chung efficiently and effectively treated my overactive bladder and uterine prolapse. Excellent bedside manner. Delivered medical advice with authority and empathy. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Chung, MD?
Very thorough and attentive.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chung?

Insurance accepted

Connecticare
EmblemHealth
GHI HMO
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO
VNS Choice
WellCare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chung treats patients.

Compare Providers