Dr. Donna Saatman, MD

Dr. Donna Saatman, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. Donna Saatman, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Brandon, FL. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Saatman is affiliated with Brandon Regional Hospital and South Bay Hospital.

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

305 E Brandon Blvd

Brandon, FL 33511

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Carecentrix Health Plan
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Saatman

Donna Saatman, MD is a uniquely trained and highly skilled neurosurgeon who is dedicated to improving the quality of her patient s lives. Dr. Saatman s practice model is to listen to the patient s complaints and complete a thorough physical exam. She then reviews all available radiographs and discusses all the findings with the patient prior to the end of the appointment. Dr. Saatman uses physical models, anatomical charts, diagrams, and multimedia to explain to the patient the cause of their symptoms. She then discusses treatment options. Many times, non invasive actions such as physical therapy, rest, a change in social behavior, and medications can relieve symptoms. If surgery is advised, Dr. Saatman uses the same tools to explain the surgical procedure and make clear why the procedure will alleviate their symptoms.

Dr. Saatman's Experience

Dr. Saatman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Metastatic Spinal Cord Cancer
  • Sciatica
  • Spinal Infections

• Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Intradiscal Electrothermic Therapy (IDET)
  • Intraoperative Monitoring
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Laminectomy
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation

• University of South Florida
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Moffitt Cancer Center
  • University of Florida

Dr. Saatman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Saatman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Saatman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Saatman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Saatman to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Saatman's Performance
    GOOD
I agreed w the lack of care as to the Pt's time. My new pt apt was for 2:30. I got there at 2p & asked for the paper work. I was provided HIPPA docs & billing docs but nothing else. At 2:45 I asked if the dr was running late & was told she was 45 min behind. I sat and waited till 4:30p the staff was rude. I saw the doc for exactly 7 min. She told me she had reviewed my images/xrays & I needed surgery. how & when did she do that. I do not recommend this doc or grp find others that care.
Hi there, we care immensely about our patients and are disappointed to hear about your first impression in our office. We apologize for the wait time and the lack of time the provider spent with you. We will be sure the provider is aware and our clinic leadership is alerted so we can work to improve our patient service.
Brandon, FL |
Waited over 2 hours for less than 5 minutes with the Dr. She couldn't get out of exam room fast enough. She didn't even address what was going on. Waste of my time and money. BTW worst handshake ever.
We sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet the highest standard, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Dr. Saatman is highly specialized in spine and neuro services, including cranial neurosurgery and has over 20 years of experience and thousands of successful outcomes. Again, we apologize that your experience fell short of your expectations. We will inform our clinic leaders of the extensive wait time and address this with Dr. Saatman.
Valrico, FL |
Has no consideration for people's time. An appointment at 12:30 is probably last appointment of the day for the doctor but may get to them by 4:30.
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience at our office. Although I cannot give you your time back, we do value your time and appreciate that you chose FOI to care for you. We are aware of this concern and working hard with our providers to improve this for our patients.
Brandon, FL |
Doctor was late arriving to the office. The office staff was very kind and professional but being told that I would wait for at least an hour before even going back for the appointment was ridiculous. I got there 30 minutes early to show courtesy for the doctor't time. I expect the same courtesy for my time.
in Brandon, FL |
Long wait...and in a rush, no concern of having been in the hospital a few times with chronic scoliosis. tried to push therapy for weeks. Horrible bedside manners of concern.
Sun City Center, FL |
Awful MD. Once she is done operating and collecting her money she can care less about the chronic back pain that is caused by the spinal fusion. 45 min wait times at her office and she spends 5min in the room with you.
in Riverview, FL |
Dr. Saatman was extremely clear and concise about my diagnosis and treatment. She is caring, intelligent and a tremendously gifted surgeon. My surgery and recovery were better and easier than I had anticipated. Nicole (admin. assistant) and Michael (P.A.) were incredibly patient and understanding. Telephone calls were returned promptly and all of my concerns were addressed thoroughly. What started out as a very intimidating experience for me turned into a breeze! Thank you!
in Riverview, FL |
Great experience. Dr.Saatman was very understanding and listened and understood our concerns.She explained to us what we should do next and hopefully it will help with my pain.Again,wonderful experience.
Have you seen Dr. Donna Saatman, MD?

Visit Dr. Saatman

• Carecentrix Health Plan
    Wellpath Preferred PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
    Employer Group Open Access HMO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
    Employer Group PPO

Brandon, FL 33511
South Bay Hospital
4016 Sun City Center Blvd
Sun City Center, FL 33573

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Saatman at Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Dr. Anthony Infante Jr, DO