Dr. Donna Saatman, MD

Dr. Donna Saatman, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Donna Saatman, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Brandon, FL and has been practicing for 21 years. She specializes in neurosurgery, oncology, and more.Read her story

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

305 E Brandon Blvd

Brandon, FL 33511

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Carecentrix Health Plan
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Saatman

See how frequently Dr. Saatman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Spondylolisthesis
Herniated Disc

Dr. Saatman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Saatman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Saatman "Dr. Saatman is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and specializes in the surgical treatment of adult degenerative spine and peripheral nerve disease.Dr. Saatman attended medical school at SUNY Health Science Center in New York and completed her residency in neurosurgery at the University of South Florida. She completed her fellowship in neurosurgical oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center."

This content was provided by Dr. Saatman "Donna Saatman, MD is a uniquely trained and highly skilled neurosurgeon who is dedicated to improving the quality of her patient s lives. Dr. Saatman s practice model is to listen to the patient s complaints and complete a thorough physical exam. She then reviews all available radiographs and discusses all the findings with the patient prior to the end of the appointment. Dr. Saatman uses physical models, anatomical charts, diagrams, and multimedia to explain to the patient the cause of their symptoms. She then discusses treatment options. Many times, non invasive actions such as physical therapy, rest, a change in social behavior, and medications can relieve symptoms. If surgery is advised, Dr. Saatman uses the same tools to explain the surgical procedure and make clear why the procedure will alleviate their symptoms."

• Neurosurgery

• University of South Florida
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Moffitt Cancer Center
  • University of Florida

Dr. Saatman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Saatman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Saatman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Saatman's Reviews

3.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Saatman to family and friends

Dr. Saatman's Performance

GOOD

GOOD

I was recommended by a family member to see Dr. Saatman for back pain after a fall at work. She took her time to explain my diagnosis and to delineate a treatment plan that would work with my schedule. There is a wait to see her however I am very pleased with the results.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
She operated on my cervical in 10/2015 and again on 2/2016. I wouldn’t recommend this Dr whatsoever. The surgery from 2/2016 was to check on the ACDF hardware that was installed. It had a screw backing out that she promised that she locked it in. So, she made a poor decision and should have taken...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Steve, we are sorry to hear this and would like to speak with you further. Please private message us with your contact information so we can reach you.

Dr. Saatman was very informative and professional. She was straight forward and spent 45 mins with me on my first visit. I had a c6-7 herniated disc that didnt respond to shots or therapy. I ultimately had a Mobi C disc replacement. I had instant relief. Best choice I have ever made. The staff...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I agreed w the lack of care as to the Pt's time. My new pt apt was for 2:30. I got there at 2p & asked for the paper work. I was provided HIPPA docs & billing docs but nothing else. At 2:45 I asked if the dr was running late & was told she was 45 min behind. I sat and waited till 4:30p the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Hi there, we care immensely about our patients and are disappointed to hear about your first impression in our office. We apologize for the wait time and the lack of time the provider spent with you. We will be sure the provider is aware and our clinic leadership is alerted so we can work to improve our patient service.

Waited over 2 hours for less than 5 minutes with the Dr. She couldn't get out of exam room fast enough. She didn't even address what was going on. Waste of my time and money. BTW worst handshake ever.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option3

We sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet the highest standard, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Dr. Saatman is highly specialized in spine and neuro services, including cranial neurosurgery and has over 20 years of experience and thousands of successful outcomes. Again, we apologize that your experience fell short of your expectations. We will inform our clinic leaders of the extensive wait time and address this with Dr. Saatman.