Dr. Donna Kashani, MD

Dr. Kashani
Telehealth services available

Donna Kashani, MD

4225 Executive Sq Ste 600 La Jolla, CA 92037

Dr. Donna Kashani, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in La Jolla, CA. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kashani to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Kashani's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kashani's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kashani

93.20388349514563%
4.854368932038835%

Dr. Kashani?
  • Office environment (93)
  • Listened & answered questions (92)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (92)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
Having seen multiple therapists before Dr. Kashani, I never felt I got the help I needed until working with her. She made me feel understood, but also educated me so much more than I had expected. She helped me determine the root of my issues, and gave me tangible goals and strategies to use to work through them. After a year and a half of working with Dr. Kashani, i feel more confident in myself than ever. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would. Highly recommend!
Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
When Donna started to work with my son I immediately knew everything would be turning around. He is bright but was not doing even close to his potential in his high school studies. She quickly diagnosed the issue and started a comprehensive plan that turned everything around. She has stayed with him as his doctor since then and he is now almost finished with his masters degree in a very challenging field. Along with being brilliant and amazing at what she does Donna is also a very caring and personable doctor who relates extremely well to teenagers. You will love working with her!
Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani, or Donna as you’ll come to call her, is the most wonderful doctor you will have the pleasure of working with. She masterfully combined intellect, empathy, and wholistic thinking to provide a clear ladder to mental health and life success. I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone willing to put in the work to reach their potential. She has become family.
Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani is brilliant and changed our son's life. We sent him to another doctor before we luckily found Dr. Kashani. (The other doctor only seemed to care about the money he was pulling in. His office was shared with other doctors with a packed waiting room which was like a revolving cattle call and 15 minute appointments. The kids and parents all looked stressed and miserable). Our son was facing academic and bullying hurdles in middle school and high school, but Dr. Kashani always came up with the right solutions for him to handle them. She made him feel completely comfortable discussing whatever life was handing him and is still doing the same in his senior year of college with his relationships and future endeavors. He is happy and thriving. He's on the honor roll in a tough college pursuing his dream job, has a healthy relationship with a wonderful girl and has made many friends at school. Dr. Kashani has helped our entire family and we are forever grateful.
Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr Kashani has been working with my daughter, now 19, for the last 3 years. Both my daughter and I were immediately at ease with Dr Kashani starting with our first meeting. She is engaging, easy to talk to, insightful and one of the smartest people I have ever met. My daughter enjoys talking to her and feels completely at ease to discuss anything.
JSG – Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has a remarkable ability to be logical and empathetic plus genuine and patient. She has helped our entire family through so many struggles and I’m forever grateful for the life altering changes it has contributed to and see consistent tangible benefits. I appreciate her direct approach and her vast knowledge base which she openly shares. Her intention is to teach us as much as possible and we have benefitted at home, at work and in our personal lives because of this remarkable relationship. The office is convenient and the staff is always friendly. Best doctor I have every had!
Satisfied Client – Nov 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I’m so grateful to have met Dr Kashani she continues to be an open, honest, safe and integral part of my growth and healing! Anyone would be lucky to work with her.
Oct 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
22 Years as my Physician. Great help in many aspects from work, friends, family personal growth and treating depression.
Mark Zupon – Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani is amazing. She’s had a very positive impact on my teenager. She’s phenomenal working with teenagers and providing them the safe space to open up. My daughter has mentioned how thankful she is to have a doctor like Dr. Kashani that truly listens, genuinely cares and offers positive strategies. Cannot say enough what a wonderful doctor she is and how thankful we are to have found her.
Shannon – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr Donna has helped me with many issues in the past 6 years. I found her to be upfront, very sharp and was able to recommend how I should handle each situation. I recently moved to Florida and williss my sessions with Dr Donna. I highly recommend her
Indy newsom – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has been a great support to our daughter. She is approachable and kind and has a very relatable way of interacting with teens. Olivia looked forward to appointments with Dr. Kashani and always felt heard, understood and supported. Her humor was an added bonus and made the sessions fun and enjoyable! As a parent, I also appreciated how Dr. Kashani was able to share and reinforce some essential things with our daughter that we also discussed with her - it often comes across stronger when another trusted source weights in on teen issues!
Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani is professional, warm and knowledgeable. I am fortunate to be her patient and would highly recommend Dr. Kashani.
Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I saw Dr. Kashani for over 4 years and there is not 1 bad thing to say about her. She truly invests in her client's and is easily approachable. She was never too busy for whatever I was going through and even encouraged me to text her whenever if something was on my mind. She connected really well with me and I would recommend her to anyone. There is a reason she ranks #1!
Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I worked with Dr. Kashani to treat ADHD during high school and college, and depression, and anxiety, especially after my boyfriend passed away in 2017. She is the best! She goes out of her way for her patients, and truly cares for their well being. Even after I moved outside of California, she temporarily worked with me and helped me find the help I needed in another state. She is personable, extremely intelligent, and a truly great counselor!
Ljohnson – Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr Kashani is an expert in human behavior, a fantastic listener, and she’s absolutely brilliant. I have seen her at many critical moments during my life and I always leave feeling powerful and motivated to handle whatever comes my way. She is the perfect blend of clinical knowledge, humor, compassion, and tough love when needed. I would recommend her to patients of any age seeking to improve their mental well being.
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. KASHANI is a fantastic blend of empathetic confidante, plucky roommate, Yoda-like mentor, and George Carlinesque straight-talker. She is equal parts realist and optimist, a professional who cares like a friend.
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I have worked with Donna for 2 years now. She has been a huge help not only as far as my mental health goes but also in creating practical plans of action that I carry out in my professional life. She helps me stay organized and stay on track with my future goals and ambitions.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has been my psychiatrist and therapist for a many years now and I can honestly say I don’t know what I would do without her. She is amazing at what she does, and her understanding of cognition and medicine is unmatched. She is direct, compassionate, extremely effective and truly makes her patients feel heard, loved, empowered, and aware. She heals. Dr. Kashani is one of the strongest, most intelligent people I know and I am so fortunate to have her in my life.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
My family and I are beyond pleased with the care our daughter has received and continues to receive from Dr. Kashani. She has a warm, intuitive nature, which helps draw out important information that is necessary for a accurate diagnosis. She successfully diagnosed our child with ADHD and Dyslexia. With this important information in hand, we were able to customize her learning plan and obtain an IEP from school. I am happy to say, our daughter just made straight A's in her 6th grade report card!
Jennifer in San Diego , CA – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has impacted my life in so many positive ways and I’m very thankful to have found such an inspiring, supportive Psychiatrist. She has helped me navigate through my anxiety and ADHD. She is charismatic and has provided me with endless tools and support, which has helped nudge me towards finding direction, confidence, and strength.
kc – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kashani?

As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, Dr. Kashani is able to see patients virtually using a registered telehealth platform.

Donna Kashani, M.D. is a board-certified child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist who has maintained a thriving private practice for over twenty-five years....Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry