Contact provider for availability

Dr. Donna Kashani, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Female

Dr. Kashani

Dr. Donna Kashani, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in La Jolla, CA and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry, sports psychiatry & neurology, and more.

Contact provider for availability

Make an appointment

Dr. Kashani accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Kashani's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kashani's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

"Dr. Kashani was ranked number 1 of 1,282 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry physicians in California in 2015 and 2016 by Healthgrades."

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kashani

Dr. Kashani?
Dr. Kashani's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Donna Kashani, MD
Dr Kashani is an expert in human behavior, a fantastic listener, and she’s absolutely brilliant. I have seen her at many critical moments during my life and I always leave feeling powerful and motivated to handle whatever comes my way. She is the perfect blend of clinical knowledge, humor, compassion, and tough love when needed. I would recommend her to patients of any age seeking to improve their mental well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. KASHANI is a fantastic blend of empathetic confidante, plucky roommate, Yoda-like mentor, and George Carlinesque straight-talker. She is equal parts realist and optimist, a professional who cares like a friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I have worked with Donna for 2 years now. She has been a huge help not only as far as my mental health goes but also in creating practical plans of action that I carry out in my professional life. She helps me stay organized and stay on track with my future goals and ambitions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has been my psychiatrist and therapist for a many years now and I can honestly say I don’t know what I would do without her. She is amazing at what she does, and her understanding of cognition and medicine is unmatched. She is direct, compassionate, extremely effective and truly makes her patients feel heard, loved, empowered, and aware. She heals. Dr. Kashani is one of the strongest, most intelligent people I know and I am so fortunate to have her in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
My family and I are beyond pleased with the care our daughter has received and continues to receive from Dr. Kashani. She has a warm, intuitive nature, which helps draw out important information that is necessary for a accurate diagnosis. She successfully diagnosed our child with ADHD and Dyslexia. With this important information in hand, we were able to customize her learning plan and obtain an IEP from school. I am happy to say, our daughter just made straight A's in her 6th grade report card!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has impacted my life in so many positive ways and I’m very thankful to have found such an inspiring, supportive Psychiatrist. She has helped me navigate through my anxiety and ADHD. She is charismatic and has provided me with endless tools and support, which has helped nudge me towards finding direction, confidence, and strength.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I first met with Dr. Kashani eight years ago after battling a horrible anxiety disorder. Donna has truly saved me in so many ways. Since I’ve been working with Donna, I’ve developed the tools I need to cope with my anxiety. The first time I left her office I felt like a huge weight had been lifted and my life was going to be worth living! She’s treated me with the upmost respect and care. She is the most helpful, knowledgeable and passionate doctor I’ve ever known. I am so lucky to know her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr Kashani provides over the top care and continues to be a huge part of our family's support structure following a tragic event. She easily identifies with adults and children and cuts to the point with each obstacle in order to find a better solution. She has a unique way of connecting with children (even resistant ones), so that the child almost doesn't even realize they are in therapy. She has given us the tools to be a better couple and parent team. We strongly recommend Dr. Kashani.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani really connected with our daughter and helped her navigate her through her anxiety and ADHD. She makes herself quickly available to our daughter and us whenever the need arises.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Working with Donna has been an absolute pleasure. It can be very difficult finding a psychiatrist that you can really trust and connect with. After just my first appointment, I was very happy with her and felt confident in our compatibility to work together. Not only is she very understanding and helpful but, you can tell she is a woman with lots of experience. She provides intellectual feedback and works closely with you to help further the understanding of yourself. She is awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kashani's for a few years. The most important requirement I had while looking for a psychiatrist was someone who I didn't feel judged by. She was amazing at reassuring me that there was no judgement and that she has heard it all. Thanks Dr. Kashani for guiding me through some very turbulent years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani is the best adolescent Psychiatrist. In addition to prescribing medications, she is very knowledgeable and gives input about all areas pertaining to adolescence. She is easily accessible and responsive to her clients' needs. I would definitely recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani was very patient in figuring out what was at the root cause of our family’s issue. She is a great therapist and doctor, something you rarely see in a psychiatrist together. She changed our family dynamic significantly for the better. Being a parent from out of state and very concerned for my son in college, I now feel a sense of relief knowing he is seeing such a competent doctor. Couldn’t recommend Dr. Kashani more highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani has worked with my daughter through some situations, she was amazing. Having prior experience with another health professional on the same issue, Dr. Kashani was able to quickly access and give advice for my daughter swiftly. Her attentive style was exactly what we needed to make progress. In addition, she was able to keep me informed and help me understand the issue, and most importantly give me feedback to support.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Going through a rough divorce at 25 with 3 very small children- Dr Kashani was there for me, day and night, calmly talking me through all my own insecurities and situations i encountered. 7 years later I am married HAPPILY:) I wouldn't have come out of all the things you can imagine from that situation a whole and complete woman. I have more self esteem and self confidence with Dr Kashani's help. We look inward at why i do the things i do and learn. Thank you Dr Kashani! I have a wonderful life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr K is an excellent physician. She is caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She is able to break things down to an understandable level. She responds promptly to texts and was able to accommodate my family and I quickly. Would recommend her to everyone!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
I am so appreciative to have found a Dr that genuinely cares about the well being of patients. Dr. Kashani has helped me understand myself in the context of my past which changes my previous repetition of unhealthy patterns. This has positively affected my work and my relationships. Forever grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
WARNING: Manipulative. She asked me if my Dad has money, and said grocery employees at Vons take out loans to see her. I saw her for 2 years for anxiety and depression and it got way worse. After 6 months she told me that I can depend on her, and that she loves me. I came to depend on her and trust nobody but her, which she encouraged. She prescribed me dangerous combinations of medicine. I am lucky to be alive. The reason I am not reporting her to the board is because I do not want to go court
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donna Kashani, MD?
Dr. Kashani is truly an expert in her field. Our family has worked with other clinicians who have not come close to her level of expertise, knowledge and kindness. She took a difficult and struggling child to a place of contentment and actual joy. I did not think it was possible but she is a miracle worker with her patience and the medthodical way she worked through problems as symptoms rather than labeling them as disorders. The parental guidance has so positively benefited our other children.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kashani?