Dr. Dong Wang, MD

Neurology •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Wang
Telehealth services available

Neurology Specialists of GA (aka -Georgia Neurodiagnostic& Treatment Center)

3790 Pleasant Hill Rd Ste 250 Duluth, GA 30096

Dr. Dong Wang, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Duluth, GA and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Wang has more experience with Headache and Epilepsy than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Shandong University / School of Medicine medical school in 1989. He is affiliated with medical facilities Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth and Southern Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wang to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

See similar Neurology Specialists in Duluth

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

Dr. Wang accepts

Dr. Wang accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Medicare Advantage
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Secure Horizons

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Typically treats 96% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Wang treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 99% of their peers

Headache

Dr. Wang treats Headache more than 91% of their peers

Dr. Wang treats this condition more than 91% of their peers

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Typically treats 50% more than their peers

Dr. Wang's conditions and procedures:

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electroencephalogram
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Aneurysm
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Joint Injection
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vertigo

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Dong Wang, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wang

4.3

77.55102040816327%

Dr. Wang?
He is a very nice and welcoming doctor who helps a lot, highly recommend if you need a checkup or otherwise.
Ashraf – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I had a very very good experience with Dr Wang. I went to him with some very rare symptoms, which turned out to be Guillain Barre syndrome. He was very thorough in checking for all my symptoms. He then sent me to Gwinnett Medical immediately with a typed up sheet, for the hospital to give me the tests I needed for diagnosis. Had I gone straight to the ER I think it would have taken much much longer to diagnose my illness. I am very grateful to dr. Wang Ingrid Shell
Ingrid Shell – Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
His entire staff are wonderful friendly and helpful. First I went to another Doctor Who took an MRI and said that there was nothing wrong with my brain. Then I found out about Dr. Wang and went to him and he did not want to see a copy of the MRI he wanted to see the actual MRI so I went to the other doctor and got it and took it back to Dr. Wang. He put it in his computer and immediately saw what was wrong near the outside parts of my brain there were a little things that shouldn’t be there. He showed me an even I could see what was wrong. He put me on an anti-seizure medication and that change my life I could then drive a car and go anywhere I felt like going, and not have to worry about having a seizure. I’m so thankful that this medication is working and I can go on with my life !!!
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I had read such high reviews and decided to make an appointment with this physician. After 3 visits, I felt that he was unprepared and more interested in medicating my symptoms rather that researching the root cause of my disorder. In addition, his office has yet to respond to my pharmacy in regards to transferring my medication to mail delivery. This medication if stopped abruptly can cause very bad withdrawals including seizures. What doctor would be willing to put any patient through that. I have since contacted my primary care physician who has extended this prescription. We are seeing a neurologist on Monday at Emory who specializes in Chiari Malformation, what Dr. Wang failed to see as he was not prepared at any visit with my MRI’s because he failed to download them from the website. I am the patient not his messenger. In the future, I will avoid medical professions that mimic this behavior. I was paying him, not the other way around. Very disappointed in this practice
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Words can’t express my sincere gratitude for being blessed to have Dr Wang in my life. He was divinely led to me or me to him. May the creator of the heavens and earth bless his entire family forever! Ameen!
Habibatullah J. Evans – Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Pretty good so far. Listened and knew what I was saying. He also noticed muscle loss in my legs. I like doctors that pay attention to detail. Thank you
Josh – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I have been coming to Dr. Wang for almost 2 years now, it's the only place where I can get my shots for my constant migraines.
Kelly in Lawrenceville, GA – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Dr. Wang is very knowledgeable and precise. After my serious car accident and two separate physicians recommended by my attorney I was still experiencing extreme headaches. Lucky and a family friend told me about Dr. Wang, although his office was almost two hours away I had no choice because I was in pain. Dr. Wang's diagnosis and treatment was right on, after a few visits I'm headache free..... the office is very friendly, I Ed Freeney highly recommend this office!!!
Ed Freeney in Hampton, GA – Jul 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I saw Dr W for vertigo. After listening to my history of illness, and asking extensive questions regarding my issues and symptoms, he immediately had answers for me and diagnosed me based on clinical exam. He followed through by sending me for the appropriate diagnostic testing which ruled out serious concerns for carotid artery problems, and confirmed his initial diagnosis of BPPV. He is patient, respectful and a very competent informative physician.
Ann Gandy in Cumming, GA – Jul 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Dr. Wang has the bedside manner of dead fish. He once shoo'd me from his office as I plead for him to answer my Q's. He never told me the findings of one particular test; So I asked for the printout results, which I had to prompt him to go over. I pointed out that it showed risk for a condition I knew nothing about, but he didn't even remotely or adequately explain the results. And as an aside, how is it 2018 and neurologists still know nothing about fibromyalgia (a neurological condition)!?
OwlBeOkay – Jun 22, 2018
Sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied. What...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I'm writing a review on the behalf of my client Mrs. Sandra Fears. Before coming to Dr. Wang her seizures was up to about 10 or more a day. Since Dr. Wang be her Doctor its down to zero a day. When told to her his office was moving Mrs. Fears said that he's been a tremendous help in her life, that she will go to the moon to get to his office for her visits. I just want Dr. Wang to know that Mrs. Fears says he is a lifesaver to her. On her behalf l give him five stars great service.
Sandra Fears in JONESBORO – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Strange, one day I went to my appt, then scheduled a 3month follow up.....2wks later, his Riverdale office was closed. Called the Duluth office and was told they had no info about the sudden closing. I can't believe this unprofessional & unethical practice. No notice, no referral, no consideration, just total disregard. I guess I will find a new neurologist-would've been nice to have got a referral or at the very least been notified. UNREAL! Sincerely, Disappointed patient
Disappointed Patient in Riverdale – Apr 13, 2018
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I went to my PCP in March and discovered that Dr Wang had moved from the Riverdale office overnight. My PCP was asking me if I had any info on this; which I didn't. After my visit w/ PCP I called Dr Wang's Duluth office for an explanation, and got very vague info & was told he would have a new Riverdale office w/in 2wks. That was false! I CALLED FOR UPDATES & WAS BRUSHED OFF! He deserted all of his SOUTH SIDE patients w/o any referral, notice, or regards to our well being. UNBELIEVABLE..wow
Ex patient in Riverdale – Apr 13, 2018
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
This man and compassionate Doctor helped literally save my life. I was in agony when I first went to see him. I was daily loosing all feelings on my left side with the exception of Nerve Pain!! Boy, could I feel that!! I came tinviled. So scared and literally laying on his floor in the waiting room. He got me an MRI and I was told that my spine was literally in the the top 3 of damages the neurosurgeon that he and his staff made sure I got into. I was in Surgery that week. Dr Wong saved my life
Sandy Petrucelli in Lilburn, Ga – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Excellent service! Dr.Wang is very experiencied and Professional. The staff is great and the treatment l am getting is really helping me with the migrains symtoms.
Areli in Atlanta – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
I am so pleased with Dr. Wang as my neurologist and very comfortable as his patient. I feel like I have been so desperate to find a good neurologist that actuallly listens and where I would leave my appointments with encouragement and a smile. He and his staff are very professional and caring . I would recommend him to anyone who needs an amazing doctor! I really appreciate him.
Latoya in Dallas ,Ga – Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Dr.wang has been excellent treating my chronic migraines. I was referred to Dr.Wang due to a long history of headaches. Since the first visit l have had a relief with the pain . Dr. Wang is a caring and Professional neurologist. Also the girls in the office are very nice and always provide a really good customer service. I have already recomended Dr.Wang with some friends and family members.!!
Alma Martinez in Norcross – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Dr. Wang is a life saver. I had migraines everyday for 3 months. I finally found a doctor who cared about what was going with me, Once he ruled out a tumor or aneurysm, he didn't make me suffer through more days of pain like my primary MD did. He treated my migraines with a combination meds until he found the right combination that made me almost migraine free. I have moved from GA to AL, but I drive an 1-1/2hrs every month to Duluth to be seen by Dr. Wang. He is worth the drive.
Cheryl J. in Tuskegee – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
He takes his time with you and listens to what you have to say. He'll find things that other doctors don't.
Dale Rapier in Riverdale, GA 30296 – Jan 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?
Dr. Wang has turned my life around. I have had facial pain for almost a year. I’ve have been diagnosed with tmj and gone through 2 surgeries with no luck, my 1st visit I couldn’t talk from pain. He did my exam and instantly knew I had Trigeminal Neuralgia. He listens to me each visit and adjusts meds to help my pain. He has been dedicated to helping me get my life back! I recommend him to everyone I know that suffers from pain& headaches. The front staff is just as amazing! They have big hearts.
Sarah in Buford, GA – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dong Wang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wang?

I want to provide my patients the type of care I would want for my family members. I listen to my patients about their problems, their frustrations and their fears. I answer their questions, educate them and work with them to make the most accurate diagnosis possible, and plan the most effective treatment. I want to provide comprehensive care that looks at the whole person, not just the disease.

• Neurology

1989
Shandong University / School of Medicine

• Chinese, Mandarin

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Wang communicate via email?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Wang offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Wang offer an online patient portal?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Wang have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Wang offer weekend visits?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Wang offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (678) 878-2989