Dr. Dong Wang, MD

Adult Neurology | Male

Georgia Neurodiagnostic &Treatment Center 34 Upper Riverdale Rd SE Ste 200B Riverdale, GA 30274 Get Directions
Dr. Dong Wang, MD
Dr. Dong Wang, MD is an adult neurology doctor who practices in Riverdale, GA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Wang is affiliated with Southern Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Wang's Care Philosophy

I want to provide my patients the type of care I would want for my family members. I listen to my patients about their problems, their frustrations and their fears. I answer their questions, educate them and work with them to make the most accurate diagnosis possible, and plan the most effective treatment. I want to provide comprehensive care that looks at the whole person, not just the disease.

Dr. Wang's Experience

See how Dr. Wang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wang

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wang has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Wang's Performance
in Riverdale, GA |
I have been suffering from migraines and seizures since 2010. All Emory could find out were they aren't epilepsy. Dr.Wang understood I could longer function from those and migraines. After 17 years of seizures, 7to10 a day and more than 30 to 50 migraines a month,this found the right med combo for both and it mean becoming an addict!!!!! He earns more than five stars from this patient.!!!!!!!!!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wang is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever gone to! Unlike most doctors, Dr. Wang actually cares about his patients and goes above and beyond to help them feel better. It is extremely difficult sometimes trying to find good doctors because most doctors have horrible attitudes and don't care about their patients, but Dr. Wang is the exception. He makes me feel at ease and I trust his advice and expertise. His staff is also very pleasant and knowledgeable.
in Barnesville ga |
I would recommend him to anyone my momma goes to him he found out what she had then fought with her insurance to male sir she got what she needed
in Duluth, GA |
I love My Doc.Dr Wang is the best Neurology.I had a bad migraine and I got injection and made me 100% better.HE'S THE BEST.THANK YOU SO MUCH,THANK GOD FOR YOU.:)
in Suwanee, GA |
I am a new patient seeing Dr. Wang for chronic migraines and he is the only doctor so far that has been able to help me. I often have painful episodes that last up to 3 weeks, but I get treatment from Dr. Wang and within minutes of treatment, I am feeling much better. I wish I could go every other day to keep the migraines away. As far as my personal opinion of him goes, I feel at ease to ask him anything, he has a sense of humor but is still straight forward answering my concerns.
Clemson, SC |
Dr. Dong Wang is an excellent and caring doctor. He takes time the time to explain your diagnosis.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was very impressed with the staff and the doctor. He sits and talks to you and really listen.
in Hampton, Ga |
Dr. Wang is awesome. He is indeed the truth. I came to him with my pain level on 10. I've lived with a consistent, and daily headache for 25 years. Now my adjusted pain level hovers around 3, and my headaches have backed off tremendously. He's not satisfied, he wants me to be pain and headache free!
in Forest Park, GA |
I like dr he took good care of me and he care a lot about how i feel he was great i will always go back to him thanks DR WANG
in Jonesboro, GA |
Patient of his for 2 yrs. I would recommend him to everyone n need of a neurologist. He is an excellent doctor and gets to know his patients on a more personal level. He spends an adequate amount of time with u. He doesnt rush u out of his office and the front staff girls r great....mainly Michelle. I adore her. By far, the BEST doctor and employees i have ever been to.Thank u guys so much!!!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Wang is an amazing nuerologist, during every doctors appointments he takes detailed care and consideration for my well being, I feel I have the right doctor caring for me and he is determined to get to the cause of ailment with a well prescribed treatment plan. I first came to Dr Wang for terrible migraines that are no longer a problem for me. He is deserving of the Nuerologist of the year award
in Atlanta GA |
I have been very happy with the service . I like this office as everybody is so nice and friendly.
in Donalsonville, GA |
This office does not take self pay patient. I was told this very rudely by biller. I offered self pay because I have bluecross blue shield pathway and the biller (shikita)said very rudely that this is obama care and will not take self pay. I wish these people would know how a patient feel when they are already in need of doctor trying to get with doctor asap but they don't care how people feel.
We recommend that you see an in-network neurologist as you will have more health coverage benefits based on your insurance. However, if you have trouble finding an in -network neurologist, I will be happy to see you as a self-pay patient but there are regulations that we do have to follow. I have always told my staff to treat all patients like family members and we will continue to do our best to help patients.
Do not go to this practice! On my first new patient appointment I waited an hour and 40 min just to get in a room. Dr. Wang does spend a lot of time with you, however he was on google the entire time looking up my symptoms. His staff is highly incompetent, rude, and disrespectful. One staff member actually told me that if patients piss her off she will take another patient in front of them. The staff does not comprehend how to follow up on insurance requests. It pays to hire ppl who are educated
We are trying very hard to minimize the waiting time for all patients. Unfortunately, it is dependent on many factors and is unpredictable day to day. We see patients based on schedule order, and definitely not based on attitude. Overall we have had good feedback on our staff's attitude to patients, and we apologize that you had a bad experience. In terms of "google", for rare diseases that I may not be very familiar with, I make sure to do literature searches in order to best help my patients.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Amazing doctor. Today was my first time seeing him, and on very short notice. They worked me in in less than an hour, then I was definitely impressed by his practice. He made sure he had every detail, set me up for some tests, got me going on a new medication to try and get my seizures under control, and he's very nice and personable. I've never had a doctor be so thorough. I'm so happy I found him.
in Forest Park Georgia |
I go to Dr. Wang for my neuropathy in my hands and my back..he educated me on what was neuropathy. All i knew is that i was in excruciating pain. He is very intelligent and confidentiality. I highly recommend him to every one. A doctor that listens and understands and puts your needs first!!!!!
in Jonesboro, Ga |
Dr. Wang is a well respected intelligent Man. From my first visit 2 years ago until now and continuously he has provided the best treatment anyone with Neurology disabilities can ever receive. Thanks Doctor Wang for helping me stabilize my seizures and helping me better my conditions.
in Covington, GA |
Sometimes waiting time is long but Dr. Wang is very good. He was patient while I had some difficulty explaining my symptoms but he listened and after some testing was able to diagnose my problem and found a prescription that was very helpful. I would recommend family and friends to him. Staff is very nice and friendly.
in Riverdale, Ga |
He is the best Doctor in Clayton county.. He makes sure you have the best care. He goes above and beyond for his patients
in Newnan, GA |
My daughter was treated for concussions & post-concussion syndrome. Dr Wang was pleasant & knowledgeable about medical treatment. Very poor communication with my daughter's school & wouldn't fill out paperwork. Disregarded the effect the concussions had on learning & school work, so she had to continue full school work as normal, which was too hard on her brain so she did not get any better. Office staff was awful-rude, unprofessional, uneducated. Overall mismanaged & not helpful
Hi Nichole, I always, always fill out school paperwork for all my patients as is medically appropriate. However, at times, parents' specific requests for paperwork/types of communication may not be appropriate and cannot be accommodated.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been to this office several times I did not have any dislike about the office. What actually hurt me with Dr Wang is that he dropped me from his service due to the fact that I missed 3 appointments and didn't call but each of those times the apartment that I did not call are due to my mom had a stroke and had to be admitted into the hospital I had to end up having surgery and then I end up catching an infection in the surgery site where I was running a hundred and two fever
Hi Ellen, there is some discrepancy between the 3 times you have described and the 6 no-shows that we have recorded from the past 12 months. Our staff always calls patients about appointments and gives them the option to reschedule. Unfortunately, you gave us verbal confirmation but didn't show up in clinic. We understand difficult things are happening, but please also respect our time by calling us and telling us you won't be able to come. This will help minimize everyone's wait-time.
in Atlanta, GA |
He is very comforting and he's good at what he does.. I would refer him to anybody who has a hard time trusting doctors , he will definitely make you feel safe in like he has your best interests at heart
in East Dublin, GA |
I've only been 3 times and each times he has helped me very helpful and informative and nice. On my last visit , I had a very bad headache and he made it go away with some injection in my head. I know it may sound painful but that headache was way more painful please believe me. I called him my miracle worker. He is a very nice and polite doctor.
in Jonesboro, Ga |
Very informational he broke down everything in layman's term
in Gillsville,GA |
I would recommend Dr.Wang to my friends and family. He is a great doctor and since I started seeing him last year,we've got my medicine straighten out and I feel normal again.
in Atlanta, GA |
It is always great. The doctor as well as the nurses are always professional and friendly.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wang is the Headache Specialist. I suffered for many years with sever headaches... becasue of Dr. Wang, My headaches are not as frequent and I feel more manageable!!!
in Stockbridge GA |
He is the best neurologist that I've seen.
in Jonesboro, GA |
Every time I have a question Dr. Wang answers each one to the point where I can understand. He is so nice and doesn't make me feel wrong for feeling the way I do. Dr. Wang is the greatest!!!
in rocky face, ga |
He very nice. Easy to talk to.
in Riverdale |
I can be open with Dr. Wang about how I'm feeling, even joke to calm my nerves.He is very easy going and a good listener. Everytime I have to get an injection, I have a little fear, but sometime before it's all over, I relaxed & ready for treatment. I truly appreciate him helping me to understand the conditions that I deal with, although I ask the same questions each time. He's a keeper!
in jonesboro ga. |
He's the best Dr. I've ever had his bed side manners are wonderful plus he really cares about his patients.
in Rex, GA |
He's the best at what he does. I've been seeing him for years and have been doing much better under his care. He takes his time with me and make sure he's covered any issues I may be experiencing before I leave.
in Riverdale, GA |
Dr. Wang is a very good at what he does and he is the only doctor that listen to me has really helped me with my migraines and I truly appreciate him for that. I will totally recommend him to everyone.......he is a really good doctor.
in Peachtree City, GA |
Very patient and listens to my concerns.
in Stockbridge, GA |
Dr. Wang is always concerned about my health. He always finds a way to make sure my back pain, and migraines go away. Each appointment visits he is always up to date with my prescriptions and my rate of pains. I have never had any problems with Dr. Wang with the 5 years that I have been with him. If I could rate him with a 10th star, without a doubt I would. I would recommend him to any one.
in Jonesboro |
Very good
in Fayetteville, Ga |
Dr Wang is a caring doctor with a good sense of humor. I never feel like he just wants to medicate me and push me out the door. He listens and we discuss other forms of therapy and health, as well.
in Atlanta, GA |
DR.WANG IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD. I CAME IN WITH MIGRANE AND IN FIVE MINUTES WALK OUT PERFECT.I LOVE DOCTOR WANG.IF YOU NEED A DOCTOR TRY DOCTOR WANG HE IS ONE OF THE BEST
in Stockbridge, GA |
Dr Wang is a very nice dr he understands the pain that his patience are in i couldn't ask for an nicer dr
in Atlanta GA. 30310 |
Dr Wong i say that he is the best Dr in the world because he knows what is rong whit me when I tell him what Hard's and he held me whit the right medicine thank god for Dr Wong
in Fayetteville Georgia |
Dr. Wang is the best Dr I have on my team many years I went to different doctors and none of them were able to pin point my issue. After seeing him for 3 months he got to the bottom of it. He put me on a plan and since then my quality of life has been so much better. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff are very respectful and patient with you as far as scheduling and greeting you. I love the office and Dr. Wang!!!
Griffin |
Dr. Wang is excellent. He listens, he's concerned, and he wants to get to the root of the problem. He also answers my calls when I have questions from home. Dr. Wang is very personable and easy to get along with. Thank you so much Dr. Wang!
in Atlanta, GA |
I Christopher Johnson think that Dr. Wang is great with his practice and he knows what he is doing and I would recommend anyone. To him
in Griffin, GA |
Dr Wang.is a great Dr he takes time to make sure that you understand what's going on with you at every Dr visit,if you need a Doctor,dr Wong is the best neurobeology you could use because he's AWESOME .Dr.Wang.is very patient,and cares for his patients ,I trust Dr.Wang .and ME AND my family is very happy with the care that I receive and my caregiver is very happy with the care that Dr .Wang gives me,LOOKING FOR A AWESOME ,PATIENT,CAREING,DEAVED,WILLING TO LISTEN ,MAKE DR.WANG YOUR NEUROLOGY
Atlanta, GA |
Dr.Wang is great who spends time with his patient and knowledgeable. He helps me a lot with my neurological issues. I highly recommend him to every body.
in Lagrange, GA |
I love Dr Wang and his Staff!!!!!!
in Hampton Ga |
I have been a patient with his company over a year and 3month's now. I love the staff and I recommend others to him...
These people are horrible! The girls behind desk are unprofessional and I waited for two hours and as I watched everyone come and go before me I asked why I wasnt seen I was addressed by a very rude mannered red headed woman who told me she didnt know how long it would and I needed to just wait! The dr is worse. I have a huge cyst in my brain in which the dr never once informed me on after my MRI. There is not enough room to explain my experience on this site. Do not go this pratice fair warning
in Gray |
Excellent. Patient, understanding, and doesn't rus you. Excellent doctor
Have you seen Dr. Dong Wang, MD?

Compare Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wang's Board Certifications

• Neurology

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Ataxia
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

Completed in 2013

Shandong University / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Neurology