Dr. Dong Kim, MD

Dr. Dong Kim, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Dong Kim, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

6400 Fannin St Ste 2150

Houston, TX 77030

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Humana Health Plan of Texas

Learn about Dr. Kim

See how frequently Dr. Kim performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Meningiomas
Hydrocephalus
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

Dr. Kim's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision

• Ucsf Medical Center At Mount Zion
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Hospital and Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Kim's Performance
Harker Heights |
Told us my son didn't need surgery.I disagree with his decision.
Humble, TX |
Do not go see this doctor!!! I went to him because my family doctor found an arachnoid cyst on the back of my brain. I went to see Dr. Kim and he wanted to do a spinal tap after he found there was nothing wrong in my pressure he wanted to take out the cyst so I had brain surgery right after that I experience painful headaches he ignored my symptoms I was admitted into the hospital and found out I had bacterial meningitis . He refused to admit me into the hospital I could've died doctors said.
in Kirkwood, NY |
Dr. Kim gave me my life back. For years i felt awful with no answers. He operated on me 4/20/17. He removedd an arachnoid cyst, pineal cyst and Chiari Malformation all at once. Im still recovering but i havent felt this good in years. He gave me my life back! He is brillant at what he does and i would highly recommend!!!
Katy, TX |
Dr. Kim did my surgery to correct Chiari I malformation. Excellent & compassionate care from him & his team throughout the process.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Dong Kim totally messed up my mother's life. He performed microvascular decompression surgery on her for trigeminal neuralgia. Not only did it failed but it left her with uncontrollable involuntary movements running and twisting in her mouth, face and head 24/7 nonstop with severe pain for 3 years now. He assured her that a redo of the operation will benefit her. Well, he made it 100 times worse. He also lied on his office notes. No neurosurgeon want to touch her now, not even the Mayo Clinic
in Beaumont, TX |
After battling trigeminal neuralgia for over 5 years I was referred to Dr. Kim. Dr. Kim gave me my life back in only 3 doctor visits!!! Our first meeting as a new patient, 2nd meeting the day prior to surgery, and the 3rd my actual surgery to decompress my trigeminal nerve. Pain relief was immediate following surgery! I can now speak, laugh, smile, eat, brush my teeth, lay my head down, and touch my face without ANY PAIN!! I got my life back thanks to Dr. Kim! THANK YOU DR. DONG KIM!
, TX |
I had a brain tumor that Dr Kim removed. He did an excellent job. He was the second Dr I seen, he also found two blood clots in my head that my first surgeon did not check into.
in Texas |
drove from out of town to see him, had an appt, then i was told by his co-worker Audra Banerji that he was busy and wouldn't be able to see me, so come back in 2 weeks. Dr.Kim gave me 8 minutes of his time in the appt. Seemed disinterested in answering any questions and had the attitude of You are asking too much, i am the expert, so just let me handle it . If you are an educated patient, you will be annoyed. he started to walk out the door before i was finished. Didn't look at my MRI prior2
in Corona, CA |
Dr Kim is arrogant and does not listen! Regardless of how terrible the results or how sick you are afterward, he will not listen, change his protocol or adjust any of this successful methods. All treatment received is cookie cutter and not at all devoted to the patient. His office staff is unorganized and rude. It takes over an hour past appointment time to see him. First you see a medical student, then a resident physician, then Dr. Kim comes in like he is the Pope and only stays 5 minutes.
in Coeur d'Alene, ID |
Outstanding compassionate surgeon! I trust him completely. He did a brain aneurysm clipping for me. I couldn't be more pleased!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Kim and his team saved my wife's life today. He is the BEST neurosurgeon there is. Doctors do not get better than this man. We believe he is a Godsend. Dr. Kim was extremely kind, confident and courteous from start to finish. My wife had a Colloid Cyst removed today. She is in ICU as we speak and is doing just as well as Dr. Kim said. God bless you Dr. Kim and thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Nobody would touch my wife because of her condition. Dr. Kim saved her life!
Have you seen Dr. Dong Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?