Dr. Donald Sachs, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Donald Sachs, MD
Dr. Donald Sachs, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Lakeland, FL. He has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Sachs is affiliated with Bartow Regional Medical Center, Winter Haven Hospital and South Florida Baptist Hospital.

Dr. Sachs' Experience

See how Dr. Sachs' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sachs

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sachs has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sachs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sachs to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Sachs' Performance
    GOOD
Oldsmar, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Sachs for over a year now each time I have to make an appointment any appointment a follow up or a surgery its always a month out. I have only seen Dr. Sachs twice the whole time going to him. Is staff is straight horrible. they do not return phone calls you can call them 5 times a day and leave a voicemail but wont get a call back. They make you wait in the waiting room for over 30 minutes if not over an hour. GET A NEW STAFF!!!
in Lakeland |
In 2013 I was being prepped for spinal surgery (rods & screws) after a history of epidural injections. No sooner after I was wheeled into the surgery room, Dr. Sachs reported that he had "discovered" a Spontaneous CSF (spinal fluid leak). I requested a copy of the surgeon's narrative There is no mention of such discovery. I should mention that I had no symptoms of CSF prior to my surgery. Did the good Dr. "nick" my dura?
in Lakeland, FL |
I hate writing a negative review for anyone. However, this has been a horrible experience for me. If your expecting to see Dr. Sach himself you need to go someplace else. I have seen him once and that was prior to my surgery and the day of my surgery. I have not seen him at any of my recovery appointments. The nurse Erica treats you as if you are bothering her when you call with questions. They do not return phone calls for questions or concerns about your treatment. would not recommend.
Lakeland, FL |
I would not recommend this Dr to anyone. I didn't even get to see him personally, it was always someone else and they all were very unprofessional and arrogant. I was told that they saw nothing wrong with me that needed surgery. I can't hardly walk and the pain is excruciating! My primary Dr is sending me to another Surgeon because he says i definitely need surgery. I've seen bad Drs before but this was my worst experience.
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Sachs Just wanted to say thank you. I feel like a million bucks. You are amazing! I have lived with this pain for years and now it is gone. I am at a loss for words on how good I feel. I felt the difference when I woke up in recovery and every day it gets better. 2 weeks out and I feel like doing a cartwheel :) I feel like a new person. Thanks again to you and your crew! Great People Elgg Bertens
in Winter haven, FL |
Dr. Sacs is a life saver, I couldn't walk from impinged nerves at 21 and when i woke up from the surgery could feel my foot again and the pain was virtually gone, against his instructions i went to work two weeks after and became over confident and started doing heavy lifting and messed up more discs. If you are considering any surgery it needs to be Dr Sacs. He is very sympathetic and listens carefully as he sees people in extreme pain every day of his life in this field. HIGHLY recommended
Lakeland, FL |
I was in pain and brought my MRI's to Dr. Sachs and he had his nurse tell me I had bursitis. He sent me to physical therapy which didn't help, so he ordered another round. Then he couldn't "fit me in" for another 3 months or even order treatment. I went to another neurosurgeon who clearly saw a large cyst on my spinal cord and the need for fusion. I never bothered to contact him to tell him of his error. He never saw me.
in Lakeland, FL |
He was wonderful. I had a fusion last June. And I could not ask for better results. One month after surgery I was walking a mile. He was great with explanations and bedside manner. I refer him to everyone
in Winter Haven, FL |
This doctor will not waist his time by seeing anybody that his staff does not consider a candidate for surgery, he wants to operate on anybody that comes to his office, he does not listen to his clients , he gets very rude if you dare to challenge him and tell him that you may consider other options instead of surgery and as far as I am concerned he does not care about anybody but himself and his pocket. Very unprofessional behavior on his part.
in Bartow, Fl |
Dr Sachs helped me out tremendously with my lower back pain. He did facet injections and they lasted for almost three years. I am going back for another set. He said he wants to do injections until they don't work anymore before he cuts on me. A lot of Drs want to just cut and you are never the same afterwards. Great Dr.
in Winter haven fl |
Hands down The best neurosurgeon in polk county . From my own personal experience Dr. Sachs will be the first Neuro that I refer my patients to . I Just had a two disc level lumbar surgery requiring laminectomy with also a discectomy . I experienced immediate relief because of his great expertise I will be forever grateful .
in Lakeland FL |
He has been very helpful in understanding my back problem. He has performed surgeries with good success
in Davenport, FL |
I like Dr Sachs, I have waited in the office a few times longer then I would like but understand he is busy and has emergencies at time. He has alway spend time with me, answered my questions, and refilled my prescriptions.
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Sachs has some of the worst bed side manner. Arriving at his office at 8:45 for paperwork & a 9:00 scheduled appt, I still had to wait until 10:30 before being called back. Waiting another 10 mins in the room he spent literally 5 mins with me, only to tell me to drop an easy 100 pounds. After asking him about my choking symptoms he replied w/ Well if the choking stops you from eating, is that such a bad thing. I had brought my daughter n law and granddaughter and we were all appalled.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Sachs, MD?
Are you Dr. Sachs?

Compare Dr. Sachs

Dr. Sachs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Sachs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sachs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic