Dr. Donald A. Ravasio, DO

Dr. Donald A. Ravasio, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Allegheny Orthopedic Associates 100 Medical Blvd, Canonsburg, PA 15317 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

With respect to medicine, my philosophy is simple. I treat my patients as if they were my family members. It is in this manner that I don't feel like you can ever go wrong. If someone comes in to see me and I think that they can be treated conservatively, that will happen. If I feel like they will be better in someone else's hands, I will get them the appropriate referral. I truly enjoy being a "family" orthopedic surgeon - taking care of grandma's total knee, uncle Bob's rotator cuff tear, Joe's ACL reconstruction, or aunt Mary's carpal tunnel syndrome. I believe that establishing those relationships with patients is monumental.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Ravasio's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ravasio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ravasio

Dr. Ravasio accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ravasio has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Ravasio's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ravasio to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Ravasio
Dr. Ravasio's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (25)
Dr. Donald A. Ravasio, DO says

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to our patients!  We are constantly striving to improve our quality of care so your feedback really is valuable to us. You can reach us at any time if you have a concern by calling us at 724-873-5955.

in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Ravasio is a wonderful doctor. He is very personable and knowledgeable. I do not like having injuries but if I must I am very pleased to have him treat and heal them. So glad he is no longer with UPMC, my insurance wouldn't allow me to see him. He is now at Canonsburg hospital, which is a lot further for me to travel there but so worth the travel. So grateful!
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Seemed as if they didn't want me there or wanted to even bother with me. They rushed me in and out of the office. Did nothing for my pain and refused to get me pain meds. They did say they were calling in anti inflammatory meds and scheduling an MRI. They never called in the medicine and never called for the MRI. I will never go back and will not recommend them to anyone.
in McDonald, PA |
Great doctor. Very personable and polite.
Canonsburg, PA |
I had never seen an orthopedic doctor before. His staff was really special and caring. He diagnosed the bone spur and showed me everything, explaining clearly my options. He took the time with me that I needed and he was very warm and understanding. I would never have a need to seek out any other opinion and have trust in his methods and knowledge.
Have you seen Dr. Donald A. Ravasio, DO?

Compare Dr. Ravasio

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Ravasio's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Ravasio says..

Degenerative Joint Disease; Arthritis of all joints; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Knee ligament injuries including ACL tears and meniscus tears; Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff tears, labral tears, SLAP tears, Bankart tears and Bursitis; Elbow pain, Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow, Nerve Compression, Trigger Fingers, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Hip Bursitis, fractures/breaks of any bone of the arms or legs

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Achilles Tendinitis
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger

Dr. Ravasio says..

My expertise is in Total Knee Replacements, Total Hip Replacements, Arthroscopy of both the Shoulder and the Knee, Sports Medicine including ACL Reconstruction, Meniscal surgery and Shoulder Instability/Dislocation, Fracture Care, and General Orthopedics.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1988

• Other Education
    National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic

Completed in 1992

Dr. Ravasio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ravasio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ravasio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Ravasio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ravasio

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ravasio's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Ravasio

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Ravasio says...

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Don Ravasio. I am an orthopedic surgeon at Canonsburg Hospital.  I have spent the last several years working at UPMC Mercy building a practice that was primarily made up of joint reconstruction, sports medicine, trauma and general orthopedics. Prior to my practice at Mercy Hospital, I was on active duty in the United States Army and proudly served as a part of the best damn Medical Corps in the world including a lengthy deployment to Baghdad in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

I loved my time in the military, but unfortunately it was not very conducive to a quality family life. I am happily married to my lovely wife Kristin. Although it took years for us to meet, we grew up "right down the river" from each other as she is from West Mifflin and I am from Monongahela, PA! We are the proud parents of four children: Anthony, Katie, Jacob, and Jenna. Western Pennsylvania, like so many of you, is in my blood. Steelers, Pens, Bucs, Panthers. My dad worked in the coal mines and the steel mills, my mom as a nurse's aide. I'm the youngest of 9 children myself and graduated locally from Mon Valley Catholic High School and Pitt. Many of you that are from the Canonsburg area probably know of my brother Joe Ravasio. He taught and coached both football and girls basketball for many years at Chartiers-Houston before going on and retiring from Ringgold School District.

With respect to medicine, my philosophy is simple.  I treat my patients as if they were my family members. It is in this manner that I don't feel like you can ever go wrong. If someone comes in to see me and I think that they can be treated conservatively, that will happen. If I feel like they will be better in someone else's hands, I will get them the appropriate referral. I truly enjoy being a "family" orthopedic surgeon - taking care of grandma's total knee, uncle Bob's rotator cuff tear, Joe's ACL reconstruction, or aunt Mary's carpal tunnel syndrome. I believe that establishing those relationships with patients is monumental.

Many of you have had the opportunity to see Dr. Mutschler over the years. He worked hard to provide quality orthopedic care to you and your families. As he looks to wind down, It is my hope that I can secure your trust in taking care of you just as he has done for so many years. I will be seeing patients out of the same office as him and my inpatient surgeries will only be done at Canonsburg Hospital. I will also be doing outpatient procedures at Peters Township Surgery Center.

I look forward to meeting you sometime soon and helping you with your orthopaedic needs.

Sincerely,

Don Ravasio

Dr. Ravasio's Care Philosophy

With respect to medicine, my philosophy is simple.  I treat my patients as if they were my family members. It is in this manner that I don't feel like you can ever go wrong. If someone comes in to see me and I think that they can be treated conservatively, that will happen. If I feel like they will be better in someone else's hands, I will get them the appropriate referral. I truly enjoy being a "family" orthopedic surgeon - taking care of grandma's total knee, uncle Bob's rotator cuff tear, Joe's ACL reconstruction, or aunt Mary's carpal tunnel syndrome. I believe that establishing those relationships with patients is monumental.