Dr. Donald Poland, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Donald Poland, MD

Dr. Donald Poland, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Poland is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville and Piedmont Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Poland's Care Philosophy

I chose ophthalmology because it fits my personality. I like the joy patients receive when they have surgery that corrects their vision problems. I was privileged to train under two of the leading cornea experts in the world, Dr. Herb Kaufman and Dr. Marguerite McDonald. My care philosophy is that treating patients is a team effort. We decide, the patient and I, the best course of treatment and what we can do to improve their vision and their life.

Dr. Poland's Experience

See how Dr. Poland's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Poland

Dr. Poland accepts 37 insurance carriers

Dr. Poland is now accepting new patients
Georgia Eye Associates - Buckhead3120 Maple Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
(404) 233-3267Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Poland has admitting privileges.

Dr. Poland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poland to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Poland Says:

We do patient satisfaction surveys on a regular basis to ensure that our patients are consistently getting the best care possible. We review these surveys and promptly address any problems identified.

Dr. Poland's Performance
in Lawrenceville, GA |
I brought in a referral from my primary care doctor Ben Bobon on 6/8 after speaking to Lena earlier that morning. She told the paperwork was lacking information at which time i called the PC ofc and they faxed it over promptly. Lena told me she would contact me when received to schedule an appointment with you. June12, I've heard nothing. I go in and the receptionist tells me "you're not in our system". Requested the Mgr, who apologized and told they're short handed...internal problems not mine.
in Atlanta, GA |
Fantastic physician, great bedside manner, terrific personality, and a attentive to my needs. A perfect eye exam experience, and I've had a few.
We are so pleased that you had a good experience. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit!
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Poland performed my cataract surgery for both eyes. I have total confidence in him and he is the perfect example of how a health care provider should treat theri patients. His staff is also top shelf and every associate I had any interaction with was a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend Georgia Eye associates for complete eye care.
Thank you so much for the kind words! We are delighted that you had such a positive experience, and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Poland, MD?

Compare Dr. Poland

Dr. Poland's Care Philosophy

Dr. Poland says...

The technology is constantly evolving to give the patients better and safer outcomes. We have some of the happiest patients in all fields of medicine. I try to make every patient feel welcome. I think my confidence gives patients an immediate sense of relief that they're going to have a good outcome in my hands.

Dr. Poland says...

My average patient comes to me because of my reputation. I've been in practice for over 20 years, and I have done thousands upon thousands of eye surgeries. I do everything possible to improve my patient's vision, from fitting with a better pair of glasses to operating on their eyes.

Dr. Poland says...

Dr. Poland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Poland has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Poland's Board Certifications

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Erlanger Medical Center
    Louisiana State University Eye Center, New Orleans
    University Of Tennessee

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Poland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery