Dr. Donald McCarren, DO

NeurologyMaleAge 59

Dr. Donald McCarren, DO is a Neurology Specialist in Bonita Springs, FL. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. McCarren to book an appointment.

Dr. McCarren

Neurologic Care Associates, LLC

28420 Bonita Crossings Blvd Unit 110 Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. McCarren with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. McCarren's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McCarren

4.3

Dr. McCarren

No one in his office knows what's going on. They don't care
Mar 30, 2021
I am sorry for your experience and I understand...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
6/11/20 was my first visit to see Dr. McCarren I have to say it was a great experience the front office staff agreed to the very second you walk in there extremely friendly and very professional. The doctor in his assistance are very professional very friendly caring and they listen to you very carefully I would definitely recommend this place I had a wonderful experience. Thank you doctor McCarren and your staff for making my experience a pleasant one.
Lee – Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I was blessed to have Dr. McCarren as my doctor for 15 years. He was always willing to listen and try to help in all my medical problems not just what I was seeing him for. I will miss him and all his help. His replacement is certainly no were near his ability or caring.
Pat in Collegeville, PA – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I have seen so many neurologists and other specialists over the last 20 years and there are the good, the bad and the ugly. Dr. McCarren is one of the best! He listened, observed, asked a lot of questions and told me things that I never knew about myself. Unbelievably intelligent man with a sense of humor to boot. I am so sad that he left me and moved to Florida. Good luck Doc! I'm jealous of your patients in Florida. :-)
Cathy – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I have seen so many specialists over the years and most just dismissed my symptom. Dr. McCarron was the first neurologist who listened and observed and picked up things that I found to be normal but needed investigating. I do not communicate well and panic when questions are thrown at me one right after the other but that never happened with this doctor. He knew I needed time to answer and formulate my answers. I will be forever grateful to him and am heartbroken that he moved out of state.
Sissy – Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr. McCarren was my doctor for almost 25 years. I found him to be not only compassionate, but determined to help in making sure all my medical needs were met and answered. His staff was gracious and took the time to not only help but almost became like family .... I would recommend him in a heartbeat... he truly cares and takes time above and beyond with you.
Amy Weston – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr. McCarren has been my doctor for 12 years and has diagnosed me when others could not. He has helped me with multiple issues and is the kindest doctor I have ever known. He takes his time to explain everything in a way I can understand. His kindness and compassion match his expertise I cannot say enough about him he is wonderful. I have felt very blessed to have him as my neurologist for so many years.
Erika in Phoenixvillee, PA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr. McCarren has done nothing to help my father with Myasthenia Gravis. He would not answer questions about his medication, he would not confirm the diagnosis of myasthenia gravis that we were given in the hospital, he would not help when I called to tell him my father was declining. He is the worst doctor I have ever been in contact with. The kind of doctor that doesn’t want to take responsibility, the kind of doctor that only wants to pass the buck. Do not waste precious time with this doctor. Learn from my mistake.
Kelle Brooks in Cape Coral, FL – Jun 18, 2019
I'm sorry that your father is not well and I hope...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I have seen Dr. McCarren for the past 15 yrs. He is so knowledgeable about MS. He is kind, caring, compassionate and I always leave his office feeling good that we are dealing with my problems the best way possible. On top of my MS care, he reminds me that I always need to remember to take care of “all of me”. Stay sharp, keep as active as possible & stay positive. This man has been my rock through all my ups and downs & I am so thankful that I found him when my MS journey began. I was both happy for him, yet devastated for me when I found out he was moving. I wish him the best & will be eternally grateful for his care & help over the years, and for leaving me in such good hands with the doctor who took on his patients. Doc, if you read this: My words to remember were: face, red velvet, church, flowers. Be well my friend...and THANK YOU & JoAnne for all these years. <3
May 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I've seen Dr. McCarren for 5 years. During that period he has & continues to enhance the quality of my life and my self esteem. He took the time to listen, thoroughly test, and routinely assess which medicines would be most effective. He reviewed & adjusted my meds to facilitate the changing facets of my professional & personal life. Each visit included my perspective and a collaborative assessment. Dr. McCarren is always personable and never rushed! I wish him well on his new path. David R.
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Great welcoming personality and knowledgeable about ms
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr. McCarren is skilled and caring. From my 1st appointment, I felt like a participant in my own care. He educates, motivates, and leaves me cues on how to benefit from the appointments. His interactions are not rushed, his staff is efficient, and I have a good understanding what my needs are as a result.
Rich B in Exton, PA – Dec 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr McCarren is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about all things neurology! I have a chiari malformation and I’ve always been brushed off but Dr McCarren confirmed that all of my weird symptoms are in fact from this malformation and put a plan in place to help me get relief! A lot of doctors don’t seem to know much about Chiari but he is very informed about it. He did an extensive neurological exam and really took his time explaining things to me and answering any questions I had.
Carolyn in Skippack, PA – Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
He was my dr for atleast 5 plus yrs in which we had a good relationship except for having me on vicodin for 3 plus year for pain. (Which my drs that I've been going to since him couldn't believe it). Then in 2013 I was in a horrible mva, on life support for 5 wks and both my husband and I missed appt during that time. Well, because of this we were told he would no longer see us! At first I was upset but now, my husband and I couldn't be happier as we found an awesome neurologist that really care
Previous unhappy patient in Boyertown, PA – Aug 29, 2018
I am sorry for your position and am glad you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I highly recommend Dr McCarren. He is very thorough and takes the time to explain everything. I never feel rushed and I trust him very much. I'd also like to say that his assistant (Joann I think) is also very helpful. I had some issues with bills being paid for Lab work that I had done. I called her and she asked for the billing info and the phone number on the bill. She worked directly with the Lab and got it all squared away and paid. She followed up and let me know it was resolved.
Larry Reilley in Collegeville, PA – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I saw Dr. Donald McCarren with my 71 year old mom this past week to have her evaluated for an on-going hand tremor. This physician visit was like none other that either one of us had ever experienced before in our cumulative 60 years of nursing experience! Dr. McCarren was absolutely FANTASTIC to work with!! Such warm, friendly, jovial bedside manner that put my mom's worried mind at ease. He treated us as intelligent medical colleagues which made us both feel respected and heard. He spent an ho
Shelley R in Collegeville PA – Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
This is the nicest doctor I have seen in a long time. Very engaging, easy to talk to and showed genuine interest in my overall health. He's a rare find!
Catherine in PA – Jan 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Overall a great doctor...but comes from a history of horrible office staff. His receptionist Joanne is extremely insensitive to patients need, is rude, and reduces all appeal to see Dr. McCareen...she does not seem to understand the urgency of some neurological conditions and will prohibit you from getting in touch with the doctor even in a time it is vital to talk to Dr. If you want a Doctor who is great but you may never get ahold of and if you can deal with rude office staff, he’s the Doc
Brian in NJ – Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I would highly recommend Dr. McCarren!. He really listens to your issues/concerns and explains exactly what is going, what to expect and provides various treatment options. I had been treated for migraines since my early 20's and never knew the cause. In my first visit he found a congenital malformation that helped explain a lot of unusual symptoms I had been experiencing. My other doctors were looking at each issue individually and not finding any solutions. He is incredible!!
S Gallagher in Pottstown – Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Doctor McCarren is very personable and does not rush through appointments. He is a genuine and caring physician.
Judi in Phoenixville, PA – Sep 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. McCarren?
Provider explaining information to patient