Dr. Donald McCarren, DO

Neurology ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. McCarren

Neurologic Health Associates PC

555 Second Ave Ste C-850 Collegeville, PA 19426

Dr. Donald McCarren, DO is a neurology specialist in Collegeville, PA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1989 and specializes in neurology and electrodiagnostic medicine.

Dr. McCarren accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. McCarren has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(610) 831-5200Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. McCarren's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McCarren's Top Procedures and Conditions

Confusion

Dr. McCarren treats Confusion more than 97% of his peers

Dr. McCarren treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)

Dr. McCarren treats Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve) more than 97% of his peers

Dr. McCarren treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Gait Abnormality

Dr. McCarren treats Gait Abnormality more than 95% of his peers

Dr. McCarren treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Antalgic Gait

• Aneurysm
  • Antalgic Gait
  • Anterior Horn Disease
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autoimmune Myelopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Migrainous Vertigo
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nervous System Disorders
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
  • Problem Sleepiness
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Recurrent Headache
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vascular Headache
  • Vascular Neuropathy
  • Vertigo

To provide comprehensive neurologic care utilizing the latest technology with an emphasis on providing information and forming relationships.

• Neurology

1991
1990
1989
1985

• Fellow, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 2006
  • Chief Neurology Resident, 1994
  • Fellow, American Academy of Neurology, 2008
  • Alumni International Fellowship Award in Neurology, 1989
  • Pew Charitable Trusts Award for Computer Program on Dementia, 1988

• Practice Profile: Neurologic Health Associates, P.C., 6/12
  • X-linked Pure Familial Spastic Paraparesis: Characterization of a large kindred with MRI, 7/95

Dr. McCarren's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McCarren

4.3

Dr. McCarren?
Dr. McCarren's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Donald McCarren, DO
I have seen Dr. McCarren for the past 15 yrs. He is so knowledgeable about MS. He is kind, caring, compassionate and I always leave his office feeling good that we are dealing with my problems the best way possible. On top of my MS care, he reminds me that I always need to remember to take care of “all of me”. Stay sharp, keep as active as possible & stay positive. This man has been my rock through all my ups and downs & I am so thankful that I found him when my MS journey began. I was both happy for him, yet devastated for me when I found out he was moving. I wish him the best & will be eternally grateful for his care & help over the years, and for leaving me in such good hands with the doctor who took on his patients. Doc, if you read this: My words to remember were: face, red velvet, church, flowers. Be well my friend...and THANK YOU & JoAnne for all these years. <3
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I've seen Dr. McCarren for 5 years. During that period he has & continues to enhance the quality of my life and my self esteem. He took the time to listen, thoroughly test, and routinely assess which medicines would be most effective. He reviewed & adjusted my meds to facilitate the changing facets of my professional & personal life. Each visit included my perspective and a collaborative assessment. Dr. McCarren is always personable and never rushed! I wish him well on his new path. David R.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Great welcoming personality and knowledgeable about ms
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr. McCarren is skilled and caring. From my 1st appointment, I felt like a participant in my own care. He educates, motivates, and leaves me cues on how to benefit from the appointments. His interactions are not rushed, his staff is efficient, and I have a good understanding what my needs are as a result.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr McCarren is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about all things neurology! I have a chiari malformation and I’ve always been brushed off but Dr McCarren confirmed that all of my weird symptoms are in fact from this malformation and put a plan in place to help me get relief! A lot of doctors don’t seem to know much about Chiari but he is very informed about it. He did an extensive neurological exam and really took his time explaining things to me and answering any questions I had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
He was my dr for atleast 5 plus yrs in which we had a good relationship except for having me on vicodin for 3 plus year for pain. (Which my drs that I've been going to since him couldn't believe it). Then in 2013 I was in a horrible mva, on life support for 5 wks and both my husband and I missed appt during that time. Well, because of this we were told he would no longer see us! At first I was upset but now, my husband and I couldn't be happier as we found an awesome neurologist that really care
I am sorry for your position and am glad you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I highly recommend Dr McCarren. He is very thorough and takes the time to explain everything. I never feel rushed and I trust him very much. I'd also like to say that his assistant (Joann I think) is also very helpful. I had some issues with bills being paid for Lab work that I had done. I called her and she asked for the billing info and the phone number on the bill. She worked directly with the Lab and got it all squared away and paid. She followed up and let me know it was resolved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I saw Dr. Donald McCarren with my 71 year old mom this past week to have her evaluated for an on-going hand tremor. This physician visit was like none other that either one of us had ever experienced before in our cumulative 60 years of nursing experience! Dr. McCarren was absolutely FANTASTIC to work with!! Such warm, friendly, jovial bedside manner that put my mom's worried mind at ease. He treated us as intelligent medical colleagues which made us both feel respected and heard. He spent an ho
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
This is the nicest doctor I have seen in a long time. Very engaging, easy to talk to and showed genuine interest in my overall health. He's a rare find!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Overall a great doctor...but comes from a history of horrible office staff. His receptionist Joanne is extremely insensitive to patients need, is rude, and reduces all appeal to see Dr. McCareen...she does not seem to understand the urgency of some neurological conditions and will prohibit you from getting in touch with the doctor even in a time it is vital to talk to Dr. If you want a Doctor who is great but you may never get ahold of and if you can deal with rude office staff, he’s the Doc
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I would highly recommend Dr. McCarren!. He really listens to your issues/concerns and explains exactly what is going, what to expect and provides various treatment options. I had been treated for migraines since my early 20's and never knew the cause. In my first visit he found a congenital malformation that helped explain a lot of unusual symptoms I had been experiencing. My other doctors were looking at each issue individually and not finding any solutions. He is incredible!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Doctor McCarren is very personable and does not rush through appointments. He is a genuine and caring physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I first saw Dr McCarren in June 2001 regarding persistent, intense headaches, with nausea and light sensitivity that had been going on for 6 months. I had been to 2 other Neurologists, prior to my appt. with Dr McCarren - neither one could determine what was causing it. Dr McCarren discovered the cause within 20 minutes, and relieved the pain and other symptoms by the time I left his office. Great compassion, empathy, and easily discusses medical diagnosis and treatment. Excellent choice!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
After seeing latest MRI results, promptly had office staff cancel appt over phone, not meeting with us to explain why he no longer desired to see us. I can understand the medical issue being more complex than he desired to take on as a doctor, but should have at least met with us to explain. We thought very highly of him before this happened, so difficult to rate appropriately. Needless to say, this sudden termination of appointment and rejection as a patient was devastating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr. Donald McCarren is an exceptional physician! He is incredibly knowledgeable, extremely caring, accessible, intuitive, insightful and provides care in a kind, thought provoking and educational way that goes beyond any prior healthcare experience I've had! He builds understanding of very complicated and complex medical issues by simplifying the diagnosis so that anyone can understand what is required for healing and wellness. He is an impressive, professional caregiver setting a high standard!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I have been a patient of Dr. McCarren for 7 years. He remains up to date with new treatments and procedures, returns phone calls, and has respect and does everything he can do for his patients. the office manager Jo Anne and Dr. McCarren are awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Totally would recommend. Knowledgeable, caring, and patient. Listens and will answer all questions. You can't leave until all questions are asked. Great doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Started to see Dr. McCarran several weeks ago for a condition that had been passed on by my GP and Cardiologist. He has been attentive, communicative, diligently working to find an answer. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
Dr, I asked to speak with you regarding your policy.I advised you I would post a review if you didn't respond.As a full-time working mother I appreciate the importance of time. Mine and yours.Please understand my being upset is because you appeared to show interest in my life.I posted as I feel patients should be aware of the policy.Your veiled comment about meds was hurtful and unnecessary as was my post. That was my opinion of your sudden actions after many years of being a patient. Thank you.
While I find your attempts at self-justification...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?
I am a patient with SMA and can't begin to say how much Dr. McCarren has done for me. He is professional, courteous and proactive with his patients. The staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. McCarren has helped improve my quality of life. I would recommend Dr. McCarren without hesitation.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. McCarren?

Neurologic Health Associates PC