Neurology  |
Dr. Donald McCarren, DO
Dr. Donald McCarren, DO is a neurology doctor who practices in Collegeville, PA. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. McCarren is affiliated with Mercy Suburban Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health and Einstein Medical Center - Germantown.

Neurologic Health Associates PC

555 Second Ave Ste C-850

Collegeville, PA 19426

Dr. Donald McCarren, DO

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. McCarren

To provide comprehensive neurologic care utilizing the latest technology with an emphasis on providing information and forming relationships.

Dr. McCarren's Experience

Dr. McCarren's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Aneurysm
  • Antalgic Gait
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autoimmune Myelopathy
  • Lordosis
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Meningiomas
  • Migrainous Vertigo
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nervous System Disorders
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neurological Testing
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Vanderbilt University
  • Bryn Mawr Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Jefferson Med College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

• Fellow, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 2006
  • Chief Neurology Resident, 1994
  • Fellow, American Academy of Neurology, 2008
  • Alumni International Fellowship Award in Neurology, 1989
  • Pew Charitable Trusts Award for Computer Program on Dementia, 1988
  • Practice Profile: Neurologic Health Associates, P.C., 6/12
  • X-linked Pure Familial Spastic Paraparesis: Characterization of a large kindred with MRI, 7/95

Dr. McCarren does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McCarren and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McCarren's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McCarren to family and friends
4.3
Dr. McCarren's Performance
in Phoenixville, PA |
Doctor McCarren is very personable and does not rush through appointments. He is a genuine and caring physician.
in Pottstown, PA |
I first saw Dr McCarren in June 2001 regarding persistent, intense headaches, with nausea and light sensitivity that had been going on for 6 months. I had been to 2 other Neurologists, prior to my appt. with Dr McCarren - neither one could determine what was causing it. Dr McCarren discovered the cause within 20 minutes, and relieved the pain and other symptoms by the time I left his office. Great compassion, empathy, and easily discusses medical diagnosis and treatment. Excellent choice!!
Reading, PA |
After seeing latest MRI results, promptly had office staff cancel appt over phone, not meeting with us to explain why he no longer desired to see us. I can understand the medical issue being more complex than he desired to take on as a doctor, but should have at least met with us to explain. We thought very highly of him before this happened, so difficult to rate appropriately. Needless to say, this sudden termination of appointment and rejection as a patient was devastating.
in Douglassville, PA |
Dr. Donald McCarren is an exceptional physician! He is incredibly knowledgeable, extremely caring, accessible, intuitive, insightful and provides care in a kind, thought provoking and educational way that goes beyond any prior healthcare experience I've had! He builds understanding of very complicated and complex medical issues by simplifying the diagnosis so that anyone can understand what is required for healing and wellness. He is an impressive, professional caregiver setting a high standard!
in King Of Prussia, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. McCarren for 7 years. He remains up to date with new treatments and procedures, returns phone calls, and has respect and does everything he can do for his patients. the office manager Jo Anne and Dr. McCarren are awesome.
Chalfont, PA |
Totally would recommend. Knowledgeable, caring, and patient. Listens and will answer all questions. You can't leave until all questions are asked. Great doctor.
Spring City, PA |
Started to see Dr. McCarran several weeks ago for a condition that had been passed on by my GP and Cardiologist. He has been attentive, communicative, diligently working to find an answer. I would highly recommend him.
Dr, I asked to speak with you regarding your policy.I advised you I would post a review if you didn't respond.As a full-time working mother I appreciate the importance of time. Mine and yours.Please understand my being upset is because you appeared to show interest in my life.I posted as I feel patients should be aware of the policy.Your veiled comment about meds was hurtful and unnecessary as was my post. That was my opinion of your sudden actions after many years of being a patient. Thank you.
While I find your attempts at self-justification amusing I find your derisive behavior disturbing. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings but I have a choice of seeing whom I want as well. 5 missed appointments (2.5 hours as I provide a half hour for a follow-up) crosses the line of being respectful to my time. Please move on and try to treat future providers better than you have treated me.
Schwenksville, PA |
I am a patient with SMA and can't begin to say how much Dr. McCarren has done for me. He is professional, courteous and proactive with his patients. The staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. McCarren has helped improve my quality of life. I would recommend Dr. McCarren without hesitation.
Telford, PA |
He is a very good doctor, he listen and tells you how it is.
in Pottstown PA |
I have been seeing Dr McCarren for many years for migraine headaches. He is very intelligent, professional and caring. He takes his time and delves into causes and treatments for the medical issue. I have had success with my treatments and have had considerable migraine days a month, cutting my yearly total just about in half. His office manager Joanne is very versed in insurances aside from her always pleasant and helpful nature.
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Mccarren is a very caring, kind and professional individual. He listens to my concerns and addresses each issue wih dignity and knowledge. I trust his wisdom in guiding my efforts to treat my Multiple Sclerosis and look forward to working as a team to be at my optimum health. Thanks Dr. Mccarren and your great staff.
in Pottstown, PA |
Pros: Punctual, Patient, Friendly, Experienced As a patient of Dr. McCarren?s for three years, I continue to have positive experiences with Dr. McCarren, as well as his staff. Dr. McCarren is invested in providing the best care and experience for the patient. I highly recommend Dr. McCarren and his office!
in PA |
My family doctor recommended Dr. McCarren and I am very pleased. Dr. McCarren is very thorough, professional, and sharp. It's reassuring to have such a conscientious, detail oriented neurologist looking after me. Can't say enough about my experience.
Philadelphia, PA |
Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Disrespectful and combative with a minor in his medical care. Dismissed the minor when he/she questioned about the medicine doses---and proceeded to kick the patient out of the practice.
in Collegeville, PA |
I was getting frequent headaches and Dr. McCarren was so helpful. He spent an hour with me not only doing a full exam, but most of the time we talked about the reasons why I was getting the headaches and how to manage stress. He even gave me a book on mindfulness and meditation which has really helped. The staff was also incredible. They scheduled an MRI for me at a local facility and obtained a cert # that day. They were very attentive.
Have you seen Dr. Donald McCarren, DO?

See our Neurology Specialist at Abington-Lansdale Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. McCarren

Dr. McCarren accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. McCarren has admitting privileges