Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD

Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Plano, TX and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from University Of Calgary / Faculty Of Medicine in 1977 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, spinal cord injury medicine, and more.Read his story

5038 Tennyson Pkwy Ste B

Plano, TX 75024

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Mackenzie

See how frequently Dr. Mackenzie performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Spine Disorders

Dr. Mackenzie's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mackenzie's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mackenzie "Fellowships The Royal College of Surgeons of Canada The American College of Surgeons The North American Spine Society Privileges Medical City Plano Medical City Frisco Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen Plano Surgical Hospital Memberships AO Spine Texas Medical Association Collin County Medical Society "

This content was provided by Dr. Mackenzie "I approach my practice from a personal, deliberate, and unique set of guiding principles that form the foundation of how I treat my patients.  I believe that every patient deserves my full attention in order to understand his or her specific medical condition and the context in which they have sought my medical expertise.  The doctor/patient relationship is the core driver to ensure patients are given the most effective, personalized, and conservative care.  Patients are more than a number in an assembly line in my practice.  My philosophy as a physician is to treat each patient as if they were family with respect, kindness, and concern from the moment they walk in until the moment they no longer are under my care.  My patients partner in evaluating their condition and treatment options.  Patients make an educated decision regarding the most appropriate care without pressure after a thorough examination and explanations given in plain language."

• Pain Management

Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1982

• Patient's Choice Award, 2008
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2009

Dr. Mackenzie has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Mackenzie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mackenzie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mackenzie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mackenzie to family and friends

Dr. Mackenzie's Performance

Dr. Mackenzie Says:
"

I am grateful and honored to know that my patients experience excellence in the care they receive from their first point of contact throughout the evaluation, procedure, or surgery.  My staff and I strive for perfection and settle for excellence as we approach each patient as if they are family.  We are determined to improve and grow personally and professionally through the informative feedback our patients share with

...

Super nice Doctor. Front desk staff are so sweet. Everyone there made me feel welcomed and are eager to help. They seem like they genuinely care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Terrible, went several times to see him and always misdiagnosed the problem, finally decided to find another doctor. Recommends a procedure and the diagnosis was wrong! The staff and nurse are the most ugliest, rude witches you can imagine. Terrible, stay away.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
I have been a patient of Dr. Mackenzie's for several years. His treatments have been totally successful with each problem. His plans of care are thorough & conservative, always doing what's best for the patient. His mannerisms are kindness & gentleness which puts his patients at ease. His office...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
I used Dr MacKenzie 15 years ago when I needed a treating physician, I returned to him recently when I needed a surgeon. I recommend him with no reservations.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
My 77 year old husband and I are extremely impressed with Dr. Mackenzie and his assistants, Kim and Lena. Everyone is so friendly, focused and thorough. We have been looking for a long time to have the right surgeon for John's major back surgery, We finally found the right surgeon and staff. ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option0