Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD

Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Read his story

5038 Tennyson Pkwy Ste B

Plano, TX 75024

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Mackenzie

See how frequently Dr. Mackenzie performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Spine Disorders

Dr. Mackenzie's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mackenzie's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mackenzie "Fellowships The Royal College of Surgeons of Canada The American College of Surgeons The North American Spine Society Privileges Medical City Plano Medical City Frisco Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen Plano Surgical Hospital Memberships AO Spine Texas Medical Association Collin County Medical Society "

This content was provided by Dr. Mackenzie "I approach my practice from a personal, deliberate, and unique set of guiding principles that form the foundation of how I treat my patients.  I believe that every patient deserves my full attention in order to understand his or her specific medical condition and the context in which they have sought my medical expertise.  The doctor/patient relationship is the core driver to ensure patients are given the most effective, personalized, and conservative care.  Patients are more than a number in an assembly line in my practice.  My philosophy as a physician is to treat each patient as if they were family with respect, kindness, and concern from the moment they walk in until the moment they no longer are under my care.  My patients partner in evaluating their condition and treatment options.  Patients make an educated decision regarding the most appropriate care without pressure after a thorough examination and explanations given in plain language."

• Pain Management

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

Residency Hospital | Completed 1982
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1982

• Patient's Choice Award, 2008
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2009

Dr. Mackenzie has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Mackenzie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mackenzie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mackenzie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mackenzie to family and friends
Dr. Mackenzie Says:

I am grateful and honored to know that my patients experience excellence in the care they receive from their first point of contact throughout the evaluation, procedure, or surgery.  My staff and I strive for perfection and settle for excellence as we approach each patient as if they are family.  We are determined to improve and grow personally and professionally through the informative...

Dr. Mackenzie's Performance
in Aubrey, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Mackenzie's for several years. His treatments have been totally successful with each problem. His plans of care are thorough & conservative, always doing what's best for the patient. His mannerisms are kindness & gentleness which puts his patients at ease. His office staff are caring & friendly & take extra effort to make sure patients are comfortable. At appointment time, there is a minimal wait. To anyone seeking excellent care, Dr. Mackenzie is the best.
in Denton, TX |
I used Dr MacKenzie 15 years ago when I needed a treating physician, I returned to him recently when I needed a surgeon. I recommend him with no reservations.
in Plano, TX |
My 77 year old husband and I are extremely impressed with Dr. Mackenzie and his assistants, Kim and Lena. Everyone is so friendly, focused and thorough. We have been looking for a long time to have the right surgeon for John's major back surgery, We finally found the right surgeon and staff. Kay and John Reynolds
Dr. MacKenzie is great, however, his nurse is a witch with a Capitol B! She is rude and has an attitude which makes you want to vomit. Unfortunately if you want to see Dr. MacKenzie you have to put up with her attitude! Otherwise find another doctor.
in Garland, TX |
I am so thankful that I found Dr. Donald MacKenzie. His specialty gave me my life back. I just had my 2nd Back Surgery on 3/15/2016, and I'm already back to normal. Dr. Mackenzie and his staff are very pleasant and they all take time to listen to my questions and explain things to me. After both back surgeries I was walking the next day with NO PAIN. I appreciate everything that Dr. MacKenzie and his staff, Kim and Lena have done for me. I am so thankful that he is my Doctor. Nancy Bell
in Plano, Tx |
Both times I have required surgery Dr. Mackenzie has diagnosed my problem prior to all testing being done! His skill is beyond compare, is topped off by excellent bedside manner and a delightful personality. The outcome of both surgeries far exceeded my expectations. I am pain free with no limitations on my activities. I would not hesitate to send anyone for his care, not something often heard when dealing with the spine. My biggest hope is that he doesn't retire before I leave this world!
Have you seen Dr. Donald Mackenzie, MD?
Are you Dr. Mackenzie?

Visit Dr. Mackenzie

Dr. Mackenzie accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO