Dr. Donald Jacobs, MD

Dr. Donald Jacobs, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Donald Jacobs, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Blue Ash, OH. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 45 years. Dr. Jacobs is affiliated with Bethesda North Hospital.

1945 Cei Dr

Blue Ash, OH 45242

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Jacobs

See how frequently Dr. Jacobs performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Presbyopia
Ocular Hypertension
high
Glaucoma
high

Dr. Jacobs's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Trichiasis
  • Ulcer
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Eyelid Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Cincinnati Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • U Ill Eye Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Jacobs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacobs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobs to family and friends
Dr. Jacobs' Performance
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have had one visit with Dr. Jacobs. I saw Dr. Jacobs after my previous opthalmologist (Leonard Jacobson) retired. I was pleased with Dr. Jacobs. Sorry to learn though that Dr. Jacobs will also be retiring (at the end of this year).
in Ft Thomas, KY |
Dr. Jacobs is very thorough and does not rush my appointments. He readily answers all questions. He is professional and i have had the utmost confidence in his care. His staff is professional and very personable. The office is very positive and pleasant.
Excellent doctor.
Loveland, OH |
Very nice. Ready to retire & referred to surgeon taking over his patients.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He was thorough and had a very nice manner
in Morrow, OH |
Very kind and easy to talk with. Takes the time to explain my eye care needs.
in West Chester |
I have been seeing Dr.Jacobs for a few years now. I came to CEI when my insurance changed and I could no longer see my former provider. I have known glaucoma, and Dr.Jacobs was the physician given to me. Dr.Jacobs does a professional exam and I feel confident that my treatment is appropriate. I think my only concern would be that he does not talk very much. Now that I have seen him this long, I think he may be warming up to me. I have no desire to change providers.
Cincinnati, OH |
My examination was very thorough, important to me as it was my first after a long hiatus (where we used to live). Dr. Jacobs was very helpful in addressing my eye problems and in prescribing new lenses, which are working out very well.
in Milford, OH |
I had received an incorrect Rx from an optometrist for double vision. CEI recommended Dr. Jacobs. He and his associate gave me a far more thorough exam and refraction. My new glasses have me seeing clearly again with both eyes working together. Thank you. (As far as scheduling urgent appointments, it should be noted that CEI has a separate eye emergency department that will take you quickly.)
in Batavia, OH |
well lets see: the nurse took me back, put the drops in my eyes, checked my eyes for glasses the left, the Doctor came in asked me what brought me today and my last visit was 8 years ago, I said I have FUCH'S in my eyes and both eyes had cateracts removed and how eyes were feeling, spots, itching, dry, and sometimes it seems like I look at straight at things then sometimes I can't, then he started to talk and didn'thear that sometimes I can't see anything at all with my eyes. he not enough room
in Sharonville, OH |
My husband and I were so pleased to be seen together by Dr. Jacobs. He seems to be a very sincere and caring person. Thanks again for taking care of us.
in Mason, OH |
I felt that Dr Jacobs was very thorough, and explained what & why he was doing things in a manner that I could understand. I trust him with my eyes now and would recommend him to anyone.
in Cincinnati, OH |
My husband and I have both worked with Dr Jacobs. My husband has been very happy with him; my experience has been more limited,but he was fine.
in Cincinnati, OH |
As usual, he was very professional, pleasant, and answered my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Jacobs, MD?
Are you Dr. Jacobs?