Dr. Donald Hope, MD

Dr. Donald Hope, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Donald Hope, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Fairfax, VA. He is 61 years old. Dr. Hope is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital.

Center for Cranial & Spinal Surgery

3016 Williams Dr

Fairfax, VA 22031

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Hope

See how frequently Dr. Hope performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Hope's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University of Maryland
    Medical School | Graduated
  • George Washington University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • George Washington University

Dr. Hope has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hope does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hope and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hope's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hope to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Hope's Performance
in Falls Church, VA |
I was struck by a cab while in a crosswalk and suffered a neck injury which involved the C5-C6 verterbrae being embedded into my spinal cord. I ended up going to three different neuro surgeons for opinions and all three, who were excellent, strongly recommended a discectomy. I did substantial research and talked extensively to all three and ended up going with Dr. Hope. It was unquestionably one of the best medical decisions I have ever made. Dr. Hope explained every aspect of the surgery thorou
in Herndon, VA |
I have seen Dr. Hope on one back issue and two neck issues. He is fantastic as I am now pain free. He is caring and a professional all the way. He takes the time to get to know the patient and earns the trust of family as well as the individual. He listens to what your concerns are and I have referred many of my peers to him. He has saved my career as a law enforcement officer and I trust him with my life.
Springfield, VA |
Dr. Hope is wonderful. I came to him with a large herniated L4/L5 disc and after trying conservative treatments, decided on surgery. The surgery was quick and effective and Dr. Hope explained everything clearly, including what would happen during the surgery and my treatment plan afterwards. i would highly recommend him.
in Virginia |
Dr. Hope and his staff were a great group to work with. He diagnosed and treated, surgery, an L4-L5 herniation. I was missing work and loosing strength in my affected leg and foot. Within 2 weeks of diagnosis, insurance had been cleared, surgery scheduled and completed. I was kept informed and all questions answered throughout the entire process. 8 months post op all is well. I spoke with 3 of his previous patients all of whom gave him & his staff glowing reviews. I would highly recommend him.
in Warrenton, VA |
Awesome experience.. had neck surgery performed by Dr. Hope. 5/12./17 my surgery included cervical fusion of 3- discs. everything went very smooth.. I was back working half days out of my home office 4-Days after the surgery.. just had my 1-month post operative appointment with Dr. Hope.. all is good! will start getting back to normal activities.. Thanks Again to Dr. Hope and his staff and Fair Oaks Hospital.
in Gainesville, Va |
After being seen in the emergency room in January I saw Dr. Hope for follow up. It was determined that I would need ACD with fusion. I had a bulging disc pressing on my spine. Dr. Hope explained everything. He listened and never made me feel rushed. When my husband had questions he took the Tim to meet with him and carefully explain my condition and answer all his questions. I had surgery on April 3, 2017 and I can already notice an improvement. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hope.
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Hope performed an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion and every aspect of my experience was better than I expected. Dr. Hope is a consummate professional with excellent bedside manner and unparalleled surgical skills. If you need a neuro-surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Hope!!! Staffs at both the Reston office and at the Surgical Center in Bethesda were exceptional and contributed to a fabulous experience. Two months later and I could not have anticipated a smoother recovery.
Reston, VA |
Came to Doctor Hope for my back surgery, a microdiscectomy on two herniations. Doctor Hope's approach was thoughtful and conservative, considering surgery as a last resort following 3 months of PT and pain mgmt. He walked me through my MRI results, answered most of my questions before I even asked them. I appreciated that Dr, Hope shared all the facts and didn't pressure me into anything. Getting to surgery is a patient's decision, and it was great to partner with Dr. Hope to resolve my issue.
in Ashburn, VA |
Dr. Hope was great dealing with. He relayed all of the options for me with no pressure to have surgery first.
Have you seen Dr. Donald Hope, MD?
Are you Dr. Hope?