Dr. Donald Hennessy, MD

Dr. Donald Hennessy, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Donald Hennessy, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Cedarburg, WI and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine in 1980 and specializes in internal medicine.Read his story

N143W6515 Pioneer Rd

Cedarburg, WI 53012

Learn about Dr. Hennessy

Dr. Hennessy's Experience

Dr. Hennessy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
  • Board actions found

Dr. Hennessy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hennessy "My Great Uncle, Grandfather and Uncle were all doctors. I was a clumsy child, and between broken bones and stitches I appreciated their warmth and humor in attending me. When I was in 7th grade, my grandmother who had rheumatoid arthritis came to live with us. I admired the practical courage and grace with which she coped with her ailments. My uncle, Dr. William E Duggan (uncle Bill), who sewed me up on more than one occasion, told me "DJ, you are very bright. You will make a fine physician. But don't go into surgery, you may kill people. Become an internist, and when you give patients their pills, use both hands.""

This content was provided by Dr. Hennessy "I appreciate the privilege and responsibility I have been entrusted with to consult and advise the patients who come to see me.  I provide experienced, broad based and individualized diagnosis and management of adult medical conditions, hopefully in a welcoming and when appropriate whimsical environment.  My goal is to promote and maintain optimal functioning for my patients, and to help us both understand the cause of symptoms and to improve the quality of their lives. I appreciate it is better to prevent disease than to manage it, and that less is often more.  I am grateful to work for an organization where I can acknowledge that Jesus does the healing and I hope to be his useful instrument.

Interests include but not limited to preventative health, Diabetes, HTN, hyperlipidemia, weight management, asthma, preventing kidney stones. "

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

1 Board Action
  • Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (9/19/2012)
    Action Taken: License Reinstatement without Restrictions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Wisconsin

• Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Med College Wisc Affil Hosps
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Med College Wisc Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Hennessy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hennessy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hennessy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hennessy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hennessy to family and friends
17 total reviews

Dr. Hennessy's Performance

Dr. Hennessy Says:
"

It is a pleasure and a privilege to treat patients.

"